Aftermarket Seats

Hey y'all... My driver's side back adjustment finally took a shit. Thinking about getting aftermarket seats, but hate that there's nowhere you can go and actually sit in them to feel them out. 

I know comfort is subjective so this is a tough question, but what seats do you have or have sat in that are at least as comfortable as factory?

I'm a big guy, and personally, I like the seats in my 08 a lot more than 2011+ seats. Not sure why, but they feel a lot more comfortable to me... Maybe they feel more flat or something. The only thing I would really change would be a bit more lumbar support. Other than that, I can't say I've ever minded long trips.

All that being said, I may just try and fix the mechanism, get some seat covers, and call it a day. However, if I were to buy aftermarket seats, they'd have to not feel like I'm wedging my fat ass in to them, be comfortable for hours at a time, have lumbar support, and be able to lean forward for access to the cargo area/recline so I can take a nap 😂

Anything out there worth looking into?

10 hours ago, Dave said:

I'd be looking at fixing it or finding takeoffs.  I think the factory seats are very comfortable in my JK.  I have a feeling anything that comes close in aftermarket would be big bucks.

I used to think the same Dave. 

Then I got Vengeance, and thought I would hate the seats it has. 

By the time I made it across the country, I hated the stock seats in White Jeep. 

Luckily for me, there is an ORW store in Temecula with about 10 different models of seats set up to try out. 

I haven't picked yet, but will be getting there to sit in all of them and make a choice. 

Seats are definitely not a one size fits all. 

Another option to try different seats out would be to follow PRP and any other seat companies, see if they are doing a show anywhere in your vicinity. 

Otherwise, you just have to find others who will let you sit in theirs to try them out. 

Do you have a Offroad Warehouse near you? Last time I was there they had like 5-7 seats on the showroom floor. I agree with Jerry the seats in Vengeance are nice and really hold you in and is what made me start looking into PRP.

These are the two I am looking at.

https://genright.com/products/prp-daily-driver-seat.html

https://genright.com/products/prp-enduro-elite-series-reclining-seat.html

I have put my ass in almost all the seats now as I agree with everyone else.  The Enduro Elites Alan posted are the closest to stock there is and frankly are far more more comfortable.  The only reason I’m not going that route is they don’t have enough bolstering.   Aside from that they are extremely comfortable.   I hate my stock seats.   Being 6’3” there just isn’t enough support.