What are you listening to?

BHaner

If you were to look at my iTunes library there would be quite a bit of "WTF"...  On full shuffle it can go from Aerosmith to Zac Brown Band.  You will get George Strait talking about his ex's to Brandy serving whiskey and wine.  I listen to about everything.

I tend to go through phases.  Sometimes months long.  Sometimes only a short drive.

Today was Foo Fighters radio on Pandora.  My Hero, Plush by STP, Heart Shaped Box by Nirvana, Best of you by Foo Fighters... Got to work on Rooster by Alice in Chains...

• Thumbs Up 2

If I am on a long trip by myself, it's typically a variety of podcasts/audio books.  Helps eat up the miles if it's a three hour sports show rather than 4 minute songs.  When I do listen to music, it's pretty eclectic.  I listen to everything from the Beatles to newer stuff like twenty one pilots.  My go to is definitely Audioslave/Rage/Soundgarden.

• Thumbs Up 2

My music taste is psychotic. I love Indie, Alt, Country old & new, Some rap/hip-hop, 70's, 80's, basically everything but Jazz. Just doesn't work for me. 

For the past few months I've been on a Folk/Americana kick on Amazon Music. So many good artists & songwriters there. 

I shuffle thru Spotify, Pandora, Amazon, Sirius Radio. 

WTF is with DJ's on Sirius? I do not want to listen to someone blabbing over the beginning & ending of songs about dumb shit no one cares about. And I certainly don't want to pay for that nonsense. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
31 minutes ago, Gruff said:

WTF is with DJ's on Sirius? I do not want to listen to someone blabbing over the beginning & ending of songs about dumb shit no one cares about. And I certainly don't want to pay for that nonsense. 

I feel the same way.  STFU. 

When XM was first going their big selling point was no commercials or talking.  Just music.  That seems to have gone out the window.  Now you get DJ's and commercials for other SiriusXM stations.

• Thumbs Up 1
5 hours ago, BHaner said:

If you were to look at my iTunes library there would be quite a bit of "WTF"...  On full shuffle it can go from Aerosmith to Zac Brown Band.  You will get George Strait talking about his ex's to Brandy serving whiskey and wine.  I listen to about everything.

I tend to go through phases.  Sometimes months long.  Sometimes only a short drive.

Today was Foo Fighters radio on Pandora.  My Hero, Plush by STP, Heart Shaped Box by Nirvana, Best of you by Foo Fighters... Got to work on Rooster by Alice in Chains...

Don't forget your fetty wap 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
9 hours ago, BHaner said:

Lol. Sounds like my playlist. Just throw some Metallica, Slayer, and Napalm Death in there somewhere and we're golden. 😂

I think everyone should listen to Garfunkel and Oates once in a while. AxK absolutely loves them when nobody is around!

Listen to a very wide spectrum, Upchurch, Struggle Jennings, Moonshine Bands, The Lacs are generally in rotation the most though. Unless I am around special people, then most songs fall into the Die mf Die, I hate you, ICP, ect playlist selections

• Haha 2
On 2/19/2022 at 8:21 AM, AxK said:

Jesus Devin Garfunkel and oats is horrible. 

Listen to “the loophole” “go kart racing” and there are quite a few other entertaining ones. One of the best was “running with chicken” but they are libtards and somehow got it erased from the internet because at the end of it they sing “it’s not racist, because white people love chicken too”. This is the only place can find it 

song is awesome to play when someone is having a really bad day. The eye daggers you get are worth every bit of it. Wether playing it on shop stereo or race radio!

• Haha 2
31 minutes ago, Redline said:

Listen to “the loophole” “go kart racing” and there are quite a few other entertaining ones. One of the best was “running with chicken” but they are libtards and somehow got it erased from the internet because at the end of it they sing “it’s not racist, because white people love chicken too”. This is the only place can find it 

song is awesome to play when someone is having a really bad day. The eye daggers you get are worth every bit of it. Wether playing it on shop stereo or race radio!

I did not think it could get worst. You proved me wrong LOL.

My all time favorite band is Oingo Boingo. I saw them live around 10 times, drove up to San Francisco to see them at the Warfield. Went down to UCSD to see them play there. Seen them at the Whiskey in Hollywood when they played under a 'code name'. 

I went to a lot of concerts between the time I turned 16 (drivers license) and the early 2000's. Mostly KROQ bands and some metal. Seen Metallica 5 times, once with Motorhead and Guns N' Roses. Got to the point where I went to so many shows that I didn't buy tickets in advance because they're less expensive at the show (if you can get tix). Got to know a few ticket agency people that would give me good deals. Best deal I got was a Ozz Fest (Slipknot, Marilyn Manson, Mudvayne) at the stadium in Glen Helen (not sure what it's called now). Got pit passes for $20. 

I was glad I got to see Van Halen for the first time around 5 - 10 years ago when they played the Hollywood Bowl. One of my favorite 80's bands.

Biggest regrets: Never saw Nirvana or Tom Petty. Went to Irvine Meadows in 2008 when Petty was playing there, but couldn't get tickets. Also regret not going to an Aerosmith/Skid Row show in '90 or so. Friends girlfriend had tickets and called me last minute. Parents wouldn't let me go because it was a school night. Always regretted not going anyway, deal with parents wrath later. Won tickets to see Quiet Riot in the 80's when they were hot, but couldn't get anyone to drive me to the show. 

Mostly into 70's - 90's. Love Nirvana, Soundgarden, STP. Some early 2000's, but find that I don't hear a lot of new stuff I like. Get bored with Rock and listen to Country and Jazz sometimes. Someone mentioned Gretta Van Fleet - one of the only new rock bands I like other than Royal Blood. 

Big fan of Rush and Led Zeppelin. Saw Rush around 5 times or so. 

I definitely miss going to concerts. My wife isn't into it. Trying to get my 3 boys into music. They only like Oingo Boingo. Took the family to the Nightmare Before Christmas live show this year. That was fun. 

• Like 2