What are you listening to?

BHaner

I went to a TON of concerts from high school age until I was around 30.  

Favorite concert was Rage Against the Machine at the Forum in December of 99’.

INSANE concert!
On their first song a ton of people in the seats rushed the floor and security got demolished.  The entire Forum floor was two giant swirling mosh pits for the entire concert.  

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2
1 hour ago, Crawl2Camp said:

INSANE concert!
On their first song a ton of people in the seats rushed the floor and security got demolished.  The entire Forum floor was two giant swirling mosh pits for the entire concert.  

It was Ozzy for me, but now Rage are like are like "Fuck you I wont do what you tell me" BUT you must be vaccinated and wear a mask to attend our concert.  LMAO! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
5 hours ago, Crawl2Camp said:

My name is…. Kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiid!  LOL🤘

Lol, it's a song you just have to blast. 

7 hours ago, fiend said:

I dunno. I have to cancel that chit. 😂

Hahaha, funny how a song grabs your attention out of the blue even though it's been out for like 20+ years. Happened on the way home last night & then I had to play it 20 times at home ....wife was like, please just stop. 

• Haha 5
5 hours ago, Gruff said:

Lol, it's a song you just have to blast. 

Hahaha, funny how a song grabs your attention out of the blue even though it's been out for like 20+ years. Happened on the way home last night & then I had to play it 20 times at home ....wife was like, please just stop. 

Haha. Yeah. Now time to rediscover the magic that is Limp Bizkit. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
11 hours ago, Crawl2Camp said:

INSANE concert!

I saw Rage 3 times. Once at Irvine Meadows. I was pissed about those tickets. It was back in the day when you waited in line, got wrist bands for tix. I think that was the only time I got the first wrist band, so figured I would get good seats. They were taking down everyone's orders in advance. Still didn't get orchestra (first section). Ended up in Lodge (second section). So still bitter about that one even though it was a great show.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
1 hour ago, suicideking said:

I saw Rage 3 times. Once at Irvine Meadows. I was pissed about those tickets. It was back in the day when you waited in line, got wrist bands for tix. I think that was the only time I got the first wrist band, so figured I would get good seats. They were taking down everyone's orders in advance. Still didn't get orchestra (first section). Ended up in Lodge (second section). So still bitter about that one even though it was a great show.

I saw Iron Maiden at Irvine meadows. Took my kid to the bathroom and missed Run To The Hills. 😡 

• Thumbs Up 2
17 minutes ago, fiend said:

I saw Iron Maiden at Irvine meadows. Took my kid to the bathroom and missed Run To The Hills. 😡 

Oh man! That's one band I love and have never seen. I got started with them when Piece of Mind came out. Number of the Beast is great too. 

I'd still like to see them sometime, but my kids aren't into them. I've only managed to get the kids into Oingo Boingo. The rest of my music is 'too old'. 

2 hours ago, suicideking said:

Oh man! That's one band I love and have never seen. I got started with them when Piece of Mind came out. Number of the Beast is great too. 

I'd still like to see them sometime, but my kids aren't into them. I've only managed to get the kids into Oingo Boingo. The rest of my music is 'too old'. 

I have seen Iron Maiden about three times. Dragged my wife and kids along each time. 😂 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1
15 hours ago, Gruff said:

Yeah yeah, I know, but in high school '79 - best year ever for me concert-wise. Hank Jr, Alabama, Van Halen (5 rows back from stage) Nugent, Charlie Daniels, and these guys- Molly Hatchet. 3 rows back in front of the speakers. Damn it was awesome. I was deaf for 3 days. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOhGgRgRsmo

I wish I could've seen Van Halen sometime before they kicked David Lee Roth out of the band. The Sammy Hagar days were good, but no comparison to the Roth days.  

• Like 2
15 hours ago, Gruff said:

Yeah yeah, I know, but in high school '79 - best year ever for me concert-wise. Hank Jr, Alabama, Van Halen (5 rows back from stage) Nugent, Charlie Daniels, and these guys- Molly Hatchet. 3 rows back in front of the speakers. Damn it was awesome. I was deaf for 3 days. 

Yes, best concert I ever went to I was probably 14 or 15 had second row seats Hank Williams Junior! 

• Like 1

Most of my concerts were KROQ type bands.

STP, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Offspring, U2, Jet, Rage, Hole, Radiohead, Coldplay, Strokes, White Stripes, Blink 182, Deftones, No Doubt, Foo Fighters, Green Day, Korn (Sat next Scott Weiland!), Linkin Park, Depeche Mode, Pearl Jam, Nine Inch Nails, Bush, Queens of the Stone Age, System of a Down, Beck, Morrissey, Weezer, AFI, The Killers, Garbage, Interpol, Audioslave, bunch of Acoustic Christmas’, etc..  Also seen others like Lauryn Hill and Mana. I had a good 12-13 year stretch of concerts before I met my wife and more importantly ticket agencies took over.  The past few have been country bands with her, the last being Luke Bryan.   

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
18 hours ago, Gruff said:

Wow. VH in ‘79 must have been something special.  I saw them in 2012 for their Different Kind of Truth tour with Diamond Dave.  Wolfie on base.  They were great, but definitely not the same as their prime days. DLR made the right decision to retire. Especially with EVH having passed.  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
25 minutes ago, Crawl2Camp said:

Most of my concerts were KROQ type bands.

STP, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Offspring, U2, Jet, Rage, Hole, Radiohead, Coldplay, Strokes, White Stripes, Blink 182, Deftones, No Doubt, Foo Fighters, Green Day, Korn (Sat next Scott Weiland!), Linkin Park, Depeche Mode, Pearl Jam, Nine Inch Nails, Bush, Queens of the Stone Age, System of a Down, Beck, Morrissey, Weezer, AFI, The Killers, Garbage, Interpol, Audioslave, bunch of Acoustic Christmas’, etc..  Also seen others like Lauryn Hill and Mana. I had a good 12-13 year stretch of concerts before I met my wife and more importantly ticket agencies took over.  The past few have been country bands with her, the last being Luke Bryan.   

Some excellent bands in that group. I’ve seen a bunch of them. Have yet to see the Offspring though.  Some day.  

I’m fortunate to get free tickets for a lot of shows.  Pre-covid I probably went to 10-12 shows a year.  All different things.  Scorpions, Judas Priest, Yes, Rod Stewart, Willie Nelson, Eric Church, Tim McGraw, Sturgill Simpson, Foo Fighters, Nelly, FloRida, Rolling Stones, Chicago, Eddie Vedder, MC Hammer, and more.  I get them through 1stTix, which provides tickets to first responders.  They have a sister site, VetTix, for veterans and active duty.  Going to Journey next week. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3
12 hours ago, AxK said:

Yes, best concert I ever went to I was probably 14 or 15 had second row seats Hank Williams Junior! 

I went to Hank Junior one time. 

He came out so screwed up he couldn't even remember the words to his own songs. 

Staggered and stumbled around the stage, pretty sad. 

By 15 minutes in, the place was half empty as fans left in disgust. 

This was sometime in the late 90s. 

7 minutes ago, Jdofmemi said:

I went to Hank Junior one time. 

He came out so screwed up he couldn't even remember the words to his own songs. 

Staggered and stumbled around the stage, pretty sad. 

By 15 minutes in, the place was half empty as fans left in disgust. 

This was sometime in the late 90s. 

Wow. I think those times have passed, for the professionals at least. I gotta say, I’ve seen some “old” acts, and they have their shit together. Entertainment machines. AC-DC, Rolling Stones, Rod Stewart, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Green Day, Metallica. These guys show up, start on time, play their hits, interact with the audience, and provide value for the dollar. 

• Thumbs Up 3
10 hours ago, fiend said:

Wow. I think those times have passed, for the professionals at least. I gotta say, I’ve seen some “old” acts, and they have their shit together. Entertainment machines. AC-DC, Rolling Stones, Rod Stewart, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Green Day, Metallica. These guys show up, start on time, play their hits, interact with the audience, and provide value for the dollar. 

Out of that list, I saw AC/DC, Green Day, and Metallica. AC/DC was around year 2000 or so and they kicked ass! Saw Green Day once in the mid 90's and they were very energetic and fun. Seen Metallica probably 5+ times and they always put on a good show.

My wife ended up getting Kiss and Metallica tickets through her work around 5 - 10 years ago. I figured she would like Kiss more than Metallica. Sadly, the Kiss show was pretty boring and she agreed. I had seen them in the 90's and they put on a good show back then, more of the original members. It did surprise me that she thought Metallica was really good since she doesn't like hard rock all that much. They just know how to have a good time and get the crowd involved. 

• Like 1
19 hours ago, BaddestCross said:

Saw them there too... Playing with Queensrÿche. Mid 90s I think.

Wasn't quite the stage show they used to have, but still had the giant Eddie 🤘

I saw Queensryche when they opened for the Scorpions a few years ago.  Both bands were good. 

• Like 1