What are you listening to?

BHaner

14 hours ago, fiend said:

Saw Jack White last night. Peculiar dude.  Definitely has his own style. Great show. 

I like a lot of the White Stripes stuff. Not familiar with any new stuff.

I took my 13yo to see the Oingo Boingo former members band on 5/21. He really liked it and now my 11yo wants to go see them. Definitely made me feel old seeing the crowd at the show. My 13yo referred to it as 'lots of old people'. 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, suicideking said:

I like a lot of the White Stripes stuff. Not familiar with any new stuff.

I took my 13yo to see the Oingo Boingo former members band on 5/21. He really liked it and now my 11yo wants to go see them. Definitely made me feel old seeing the crowd at the show. My 13yo referred to it as 'lots of old people'. 

Haha. You see a cross section of people at these concerts. I went to Journey about a month ago. The crowd was mostly white people in their 50s, as you might expect, but also a fair number of younger Filipino people.  Drawn in by the “new” singer, I’d expect. 

10 hours ago, suicideking said:

Is that some of the original members, or a cover band? 

Three of the OG guys. Bob Wier, Bill Kruetzman, and Mickey Hart. Two of the other guys died and one basically retired.  But this band has been playing together for a long time. Including John Mayer, if you can believe that. His guitar sounds just like Jerry Garcia. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Been checking out the new albums from some of my favorite bands.  Happiness Bastards from the Black Crowes and Invincible Shield from Judas Priest. Very solid albums.

Also been listening to Liam Gallagher and John Squire. Can't say I was ever a huge Oasis fan, and Liam's voice can get a little grating. But Squire has some interesting guitar work on the album.  

Won some tickets to the Black Keys’ album release party last night. It was at the iHeartRadio theater in Burbank, which apparently is the old studio where Johnny Carson and Jay Leno did the Tonight Show back in the day.  Pretty cool. The put on a great show. 

IMG_7450.jpeg

IMG_7452.jpeg

IMG_7453.jpeg

IMG_7458.jpeg

IMG_7464.jpeg

IMG_7468.jpeg

IMG_7471.jpeg

IMG_7477.jpeg

IMG_7478.jpeg

IMG_7479.jpeg

IMG_7485.jpeg

IMG_7481.jpeg

IMG_7489.jpeg

IMG_7490.jpeg

IMG_7494.jpeg

IMG_7499.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 2
6 minutes ago, fiend said:

Won some tickets to the Black Keys’ album release party last night. It was at the iHeartRadio theater in Burbank, which apparently is the old studio where Johnny Carson and Jay Leno did the Tonight Show back in the day.  Pretty cool. The put on a great show. 

IMG_7450.jpeg

IMG_7452.jpeg

IMG_7453.jpeg

IMG_7458.jpeg

IMG_7464.jpeg

IMG_7468.jpeg

IMG_7471.jpeg

IMG_7477.jpeg

IMG_7478.jpeg

IMG_7479.jpeg

IMG_7485.jpeg

IMG_7481.jpeg

IMG_7489.jpeg

IMG_7490.jpeg

IMG_7494.jpeg

IMG_7499.jpeg

Nice, looks like a great show! I like their sound, was listening to some of their songs this week. Just reminds me of an old school rock band which is becoming more rare. I need to see them live sometime. 

The Black Crowes were on Howard Stearn this week. I didn't hear them play any of the new songs because my commute is too short. I'll have to checkout their new stuff. One of my most memorable shows was seeing them play the Greek during the Shake Your Money Maker tour in the late 80's.

Wasn't a huge Oasis fan, though have some of their hits on my car music mix. Always thought they were douches. Though that would fit many rock stars. They seem to own it though. 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, fiend said:

IMG_7450.jpeg

IMG_7452.jpeg

IMG_7453.jpeg

IMG_7458.jpeg

IMG_7464.jpeg

IMG_7468.jpeg

IMG_7471.jpeg

IMG_7477.jpeg

IMG_7478.jpeg

IMG_7479.jpeg

IMG_7485.jpeg

IMG_7481.jpeg

IMG_7489.jpeg

IMG_7490.jpeg

IMG_7494.jpeg

IMG_7499.jpeg

That looks like a good time Greer!

😎😎

• Like 1
23 hours ago, suicideking said:

Nice, looks like a great show! I like their sound, was listening to some of their songs this week. Just reminds me of an old school rock band which is becoming more rare. I need to see them live sometime. 

The Black Crowes were on Howard Stearn this week. I didn't hear them play any of the new songs because my commute is too short. I'll have to checkout their new stuff. One of my most memorable shows was seeing them play the Greek during the Shake Your Money Maker tour in the late 80's.

Wasn't a huge Oasis fan, though have some of their hits on my car music mix. Always thought they were douches. Though that would fit many rock stars. They seem to own it though. 

Haha. Lots of people thought oasis were douches. Probably because they were.  

• Haha 2
5 hours ago, 6wt said:

Tedeschi Trucks band a couple weeks ago

IMG_4565.jpeg

IMG_4566.jpeg

IMG_4567.jpeg

IMG_4568.jpeg

I so wanted to see that show. They were in LA last weekend.  How was it? I saw Susan Tedeschi (pre Derek Trucks) nearly 30 years ago play at a club in Boston. She was awesome.