Currie front upper arm bushing conversion

Has anybody put the Currie conversion bushing/joint into stock diff or specifically a dynatrac60? After putting together a jeep with Currie and seeing how much easier it is plus not having to deal with bushing bind, I want to do it on my jeep. So wondering if it’s a P.I.A. Or if it’s just basically like swapping bushings.

20 hours ago, Redline said:

Has anybody put the Currie conversion bushing/joint into stock diff or specifically a dynatrac60? After putting together a jeep with Currie and seeing how much easier it is plus not having to deal with bushing bind, I want to do it on my jeep. So wondering if it’s a P.I.A. Or if it’s just basically like swapping bushings.

I did it on an LJ a while back.  The driver's side was just like swapping bushings. 

I would imagine the passenger side on a Dynatrac60 would be pressing in a JJ on that side too as long as it has a bracket that's thicker than paper.  The "kit" curry had for the TJ/LJ 44 had a big steel shank that you welded in after you cut the old bracket down to about 1.5" above the tube.

• Thumbs Up 1
20 hours ago, Weebz said:

I have never done a swap but I have replaced the axle bushing and it’s a bitch!   Older the bushing the worse it is.   

I cheated.  I drilled a bunch or holes through the middle bushing then used an air chisel to kind of "fold itself in on itself".    I only did the upgrade because I had JJ's everywhere else.  The passenger side was a little easier (with a saw).  

• Thumbs Up 1