Skid Row steering box skid
Genright Hiline 4" aluminum front fenders
Genright 4" aluminum rear flares
Savvy aluminum corners

Future mods:

60 Front

Cage

Seats/harnesses

Better air compressor - Currently using a CO2 tank and have a Viair 400H under the hood. Looking for something faster than the Viair. 

Trailer

20211111_131250.thumb.jpg.f61a8530bbaff14ee0f23da2154ed1bf.jpg

20210724_122824.thumb.jpg.c3491cf4c08d4fa979e52c095c35c2f3.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thumbs Up 2
1 hour ago, AxK said:

Oh I am glad you posted this and your current build. I am looking at picking up a TJ/LJ and going full Genright with it.

It seems like LJ's weren't that hard to get in 2014 when I got mine. Now they're getting more scarce. If something happened to my LJ and I was going to buy a new one, I might look for a built TJ I like and stretch it. Blaine (Black Magic Brakes) has his own TJ-6 stretch method and Genright has their TJ to LJ kit. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Nice build.

I was running a twin ARB on my LJ to lockers and air ups. While it was better than some options, didn't compare to CO2.

I am going to remove my ARB and put it on my Ram dually so I have air on it.

In place of the ARB, I have installed this:

https://offroadonly.com/shop/on-board-air/york-mini-on-board-air-kit-wrangler-tj-2000-06-with-a-c/

Haven't had a chance to really use it yet as I am on assignment for work out of state for a month. I just installed the kit shortly before I left.

Still have to do a little more plumbing back to my locker manifold and tank yet. But the quick check on the operation was very promising.

May need to include a throttle up cable to bump the idle a little when airing up in the future to get the compressor pumping faster and take advantage of the 10 cfm it is capable of.

Here is a pic of it installed in mine.

compressor.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2
3 hours ago, oldmanfox said:

Nice build.

I was running a twin ARB on my LJ to lockers and air ups. While it was better than some options, didn't compare to CO2.

https://offroadonly.com/shop/on-board-air/york-mini-on-board-air-kit-wrangler-tj-2000-06-with-a-c/

Haven't had a chance to really use it yet as I am on assignment for work out of state for a month. I just installed the kit shortly before I left.

Still have to do a little more plumbing back to my locker manifold and tank yet. But the quick check on the operation was very promising.

May need to include a throttle up cable to bump the idle a little when airing up in the future to get the compressor pumping faster and take advantage of the 10 cfm it is capable of.

Probably going to get a Puma air compressor installed soon. CO2 refills have gone from $13 to around $25 in about a year. So seems like a faster compressor would be good to have. 

I will miss the speed of the CO2 though. Won't miss having to top off the tires after a few days. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Wow, look at Joe go and inflate inflated air.

I never liked the idea of the tanks and you spend alot more for air in the long run in my opinion. 

I do like how fast they fill up but the pro vs con is still a con for me.

• Thumbs Up 1
19 hours ago, oldmanfox said:

Nice build.

Here is a pic of it installed in mine.

compressor.jpg

Instead of a throttle up cable I just put a couple pennies or credit cards under the throttle while I air up. Easy enough 

• Thumbs Up 2
13 hours ago, AxK said:

Wow, look at Joe go and inflate inflated air.

I never liked the idea of the tanks and you spend alot more for air in the long run in my opinion. 

I do like how fast they fill up but the pro vs con is still a con for me.

Yes, you save time airing up on the trails. Then lose that time toping off your tires and going to get the tank refilled. It's great if you're in a hurry. Long term, definitely going to pay less for a compressor. 

1 hour ago, fiend said:

The CO2 leaks out faster than air?

Maybe evaporation because it's liquid CO2? If I air up to 26 after the trail, in a week or so it will be down to about 22 psi. So need to air back up to 26 which I do using a compressor. So this is when I question how much time I'm saving with CO2. 

Minor update. A few months ago, I did have the anti rock swapped out for a Sway lock for better street handling. Got rid of the CO2 tank and got a Puma air compressor mounted underneath. Blaine said he wouldn't do the Puma again because by the time you modify it and get it connected, you might as well just go with a twin ARB or similar. 

• Thumbs Up 1
2 hours ago, suicideking said:

Minor update. A few months ago, I did have the anti rock swapped out for a Sway lock for better street handling. Got rid of the CO2 tank and got a Puma air compressor mounted underneath. Blaine said he wouldn't do the Puma again because by the time you modify it and get it connected, you might as well just go with a twin ARB or similar. 

How do you like the sway lock?

What is this Puma of which you speak?