Currie LP60 Thoughts

On 2/25/2022 at 7:53 PM, AxK said:

UDs for 20k. OMG I paid less then 14k shipped to my house.

I feel the Curries are the best axles out there.

I have a question about this statement..

So why aren’t more people running the Currie axles in your opinion? They seem like a good option.  I like the fact that they seem to be lighter than all the other stuff people are running and they are the only one running the gear deflection prohibiting load bolt with the high pinion in the rear rear.  Their small/narrow, rotated high and tight center sections look really nice as far as ground clearance. I know Tony runs and pushes them and they seem to do great for those guys.  

1 hour ago, Crawl2Camp said:

I have a question about this statement..

So why aren’t more people running the Currie axles in your opinion? They seem like a good option.  I like the fact that they seem to be lighter than all the other stuff people are running and they are the only one running the gear deflection prohibiting load bolt with the high pinion in the rear rear.  Their small/narrow, rotated high and tight center sections look really nice as far as ground clearance. I know Tony runs and pushes them and they seem to do great for those guys.  

At first I didn't like the high pinion or that the upper a arm attaches to the diff cover. But after dealing with Currie and talking with Genright and seeing the fit and finish that Currie does they're the only axle I would ever go with moving forward. And sadly there only about 8 minutes down the street from me.

When I bought by UD 60s they were a few thousand less than Currie.

29 minutes ago, AxK said:

And sadly there only about 8 minutes down the street from me.

This worked well for me, no shipping charges. My wife was working in Corona when my RJ60 was ready. I sent her with my F150, told her to ask if they can load it. If there's any confusion or trouble, leave and I'll pick them up myself.

They loaded it in my truck for her and packed them pretty well with a pallet so they wouldn't move. I was pretty happy that I didn't even need to take time off to go pick it up. 

Figure it could be an advantage in the future if I need to pickup parts. They're only 30 min away from home, about 15 min from work. 

• Thumbs Up 1
2 hours ago, AxK said:

At first I didn't like the high pinion or that the upper a arm attaches to the diff cover. But after dealing with Currie and talking with Genright and seeing the fit and finish that Currie does they're the only axle I would ever go with moving forward. And sadly there only about 8 minutes down the street from me.

When I bought by UD 60s they were a few thousand less than Currie.

Currie is about 20 minutes away from me too.

Yeah for 40’s I think it’s a really nice setup tailored for rocks and maximum ground clearance. They can now be had for less than UD60’s after Dana’s recent price increases.  

• Thumbs Up 1
15 minutes ago, suicideking said:

This worked well for me, no shipping charges. My wife was working in Corona when my RJ60 was ready. I sent her with my F150, told her to ask if they can load it. If there's any confusion or trouble, leave and I'll pick them up myself.

They loaded it in my truck for her and packed them pretty well with a pallet so they wouldn't move. I was pretty happy that I didn't even need to take time off to go pick it up. 

Figure it could be an advantage in the future if I need to pickup parts. They're only 30 min away from home, about 15 min from work. 

The only reason I didn't go with Currie was price and I really regret that now. When I was shopping for axles they were so amazing to deal with. I talked to them two or three times and they are super easy to talk to and always had answers to my questions. At the end of the day on paper UDs seemed like the better buy. At the time I got slightly bigger axles and bigger brakes and rotors for less than the Currie standard set so that was a driving price for me for the UD. 

Redline just got done installing a set of Curry's on one of the Jeeps in his shop and I'll tell you the fit in finished on those things make the UD look like shit.

• Thumbs Up 2
12 minutes ago, suicideking said:

this is the same reason I started buying JE Reel driveshafts instead of Adams. (20 minutes away)  

That and they offered the beefed canyon crawler upgrade.  I really like that DS and it’s nice to be able to just run down and have them check things out for you for free.  (Recheck balance joints etc)

• Thumbs Up 1
4 minutes ago, Crawl2Camp said:

Yeah Currie is about 15-20 minutes away from me too.

Yeah for 40’s I think it’s a really nice setup and tailored for rocks and maximum ground clearance. They can now be had for less than UD60’s after Dana’s recent price increases.  

Oh thats right your not to far from me. I buy anything and everything I can from RockJock right now cuz I love the fact it's same-day pickup. I'm going to call Currie later and see if they carry the wheel bearings and races I need hopefully they're the same size.

• Thumbs Up 2
2 minutes ago, Crawl2Camp said:

this is the same reason I started buying JE Reel driveshafts instead of Adams. (20 minutes away)  

That and they offered the beefed canyon crawler upgrade.  I really like that DS and it’s nice to be able to just run down and have them check things out for you for free.  (Recheck balance joints etc)

Yeah. I love the ower Jim and Scott really knows his stuff. Same here another great company down the street.

• Thumbs Up 1
4 hours ago, Crawl2Camp said:

Similar experience with DS: I was using JE Reel on my JK and had no complaints. I have Adams on my LJ simply because that's who Blaine likes to go with. No complaints from either. Though it was nice when I needed my rear fixed on the JK and they picked it up, repaired, and got it back during the same week. I was impressed by that. 

• Thumbs Up 1

So I found a deal on a much more preferred axle set this past week.  ECGS full shaved 14 bolt with ARB and 5.38’s and a UD60 front with E locker with steering for 13 plus shipping. Both only mocked up but never used.  Really starting to think this might be too good of a deal to pass up, especially with how prices are going through the roof due to inflation. 

He’s parting the complete project out.  Evo coilovers, Atlas etc..

1FDD0C9B-507E-4FE5-8F20-BFFEA5CD1E39.png

5ADA8C78-D730-4995-ADCF-4C7C01BC1B9E.png

82513F25-5679-43EE-8CE3-C971950BE5E5.png

F2588C3E-2369-4C7C-ACF9-DB39DE49595B.png

6993E744-FE4E-4090-9815-1E7AD837F410.png

• Thumbs Up 1
1 hour ago, Crawl2Camp said:

Yes 5.38’s.  (Sorry typo)
He’s asking 13 plus shipping via Fastenal.  

Wow that sounds good. Makes me feel good about asking 15K for UD60 and KMC wheels that will be up for sale soon.

26 minutes ago, AxK said:

Wow that sounds good. Makes me feel good about asking 15K for UD60 and KMC wheels that will be up for sale soon.

Are you selling everything for 15? (Axles and wheels)

I priced out similar axles similar to these and they were all 4-5K more expensive.  (ECGS and Fusion and even compared to UD’s and Currie 60’s). Cant really argue with 13 since they’ve never been ran before.  

I figure it might be better to buy axles now before they are 5K more expensive next year!?!

• Thumbs Up 1
9 hours ago, Crawl2Camp said:

Are you selling everything for 15? (Axles and wheels)

I priced out similar axles similar to these and they were all 4-5K more expensive.  (ECGS and Fusion and even compared to UD’s and Currie 60’s). Cant really argue with 13 since they’ve never been ran before.  

I figure it might be better to buy axles now before they are 5K more expensive next year!?!

Yeah, that's the plan right now. I think 15k for wheels and axle maybe 16K with the 40s. I love my wheel but Currie and Genright both said 3.5 backspacing was too much for their axles. I think someone who is looking at a 20K price tag would jump on 15-16K for the whole package.

I agree with you, you should jump on that set you found. Nothing out there is 13K anymore. What's shipping like 800-1000?

• Thumbs Up 2
1 hour ago, AxK said:

Yeah, that's the plan right now. I think 15k for wheels and axle maybe 16K with the 40s. I love my wheel but Currie and Genright both said 3.5 backspacing was too much for their axles. I think someone who is looking at a 20K price tag would jump on 15-16K for the whole package.

I agree with you, you should jump on that set you found. Nothing out there is 13K anymore. What's shipping like 800-1000?

Yeah 13K new is really hard to pass up. I just have to talk to the wife about them now; I could always spin it as an asset for investment against inflation?.  😂 She’s always encouraging with Jeep purchases anyway.

The axles are in North Carolina.  Luckily Fastenal is cheap for shipping compared to everyone else.  I did some research yesterday and a guy had a pair of axles shipped from New York to New Mexico and it was only $275. (That was in January of this year). Every other shipper was quoting 1000-1100!
I have a quote request in with Fastenal right now to see what they say.  Still trying to work through the logistics of everything.. I need to figure out what the best way to handle the transaction without getting screwed is also.  Maybe paypal goods and services and eat the fees

7 minutes ago, Crawl2Camp said:

Yeah 13K new is really hard to pass up. I just have to talk to the wife about them now; I could always spin it as an asset for investment against inflation?.  😂 She’s always encouraging with Jeep purchases anyway.

The axles are in North Carolina.  Luckily Fastenal is cheap for shipping compared to everyone else.  I did some research yesterday and a guy had a pair of axles shipped from New York to New Mexico and it was only $275. (That was in January of this year). Every other shipper was quoting 1000-1100!
I have a quote request in with Fastenal right now to see what they say.  Still trying to work through the logistics of everything.. I need to figure out what the best way to handle the transaction without getting screwed is also.  Maybe paypal goods and services and eat the fees

The sooner you buy the axles the sooner you can sell yours and make a few thousand back so you're not into the new axles 13 Grand. That's how I got my wife to sign off on it.

For me I sold my prorock 44 and Dana 44 6 Grand which was a lot of money back in my pocket.

• Thumbs Up 1