Random Pics

Gruff

Daily visitors in the front yard. Only 3 this afternoon. We've had up to 18 on a busy day before. 2 of the dogs & the deer have a detente going on. The dogs will chase the deer out of the cut portion of the 'yard' into the field and stop. If they are in the field they don't even bother them. The deer don't pay attention either. 

20220226_153246_resized.jpg

20220226_153111_resized.jpg

20220226_153137_resized.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
1 hour ago, Crawl2Camp said:

Great pics of the deer and beautiful view out of your windows.  Now that looks like a place i wouldn’t mind living at.  Your neighbors house isn’t 2 feet away from yours. 

Yeah we're fortunate that we found this property 25 years ago. We love it here

• Thumbs Up 1

Love that slice of heaven you have there. 

I'm guessing our neighborhood might be outnumbered by deer from time to time.  We also get the occasional cougar and at this point hundreds of Canadian Geese on the course.  The running joke is that the border was closed so they dont know how to get home.  Here are a few of the "neighbors" about three holes from my place 

edit: and one pretty large guy in my neighbors backyard.

IMG_3937.jpg

65293027484__CB254BE2-BFBA-461E-B452-C80DF62F5BC7.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
11 hours ago, Jdofmemi said:

Is that at The Edge?

Seems like we seen that when we were there. 

Sadly I didn't pay much attention to it. 

Close by…the mall at Hudson Yards…same place you saw the fake Bronco at Camp

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Gruff said:

Ed, are you running 39" Krawler Reds on Brute?

I’ve got 39” krawlers on the JK6, 38” nitto trail grapplers on Brute (when I slashed a sidewall on the 40” Coopers, I couldn’t get another 40” tire for several months…)

1 hour ago, 6wt said:

I’ve got 39” krawlers on the JK6, 38” nitto trail grapplers on Brute (when I slashed a sidewall on the 40” Coopers, I couldn’t get another 40” tire for several months…)

Ya, I had that backwards - I actually meant the JK6. Just curious, how did the 39's compare size-wise to the 40" Coops? The specs on the Krawlers are 38.5" but seems the tire companies charts leave something to be desired...

1 hour ago, Gruff said:

Ya, I had that backwards - I actually meant the JK6. Just curious, how did the 39's compare size-wise to the 40" Coops? The specs on the Krawlers are 38.5" but seems the tire companies charts leave something to be desired...

They are definitely smaller…but they hook up well…with 110” wheelbase, losing 2” of height in relation to a proper 40” is negligible…

however, I’m definitely going back to 40’s on Brute and regearing to 5.13 to get my hwy rpm’s lower since it’s now mostly a camping/fishing rig