Random Pics

Gruff

Directly across from Zaytinya is the National Portrait Gallery…a portrait of Jose Andreas is there when he went to Haiti after a devastating 7.0 earthquake in 2010…this was the beginning of World Central Kitchen, an organization that my wife and I support…

IMG_2366.jpeg

• Thanks 1
8 hours ago, suicideking said:

A Rivian on Hells Gate. Broke his tie rod and they used to rebar to get him off the trail. 

He bought the wrong vehicle...

FB_IMG_1685496788396.thumb.jpg.91440468e739f2c79055a46400214c0f.jpg

FB_IMG_1685496775783.thumb.jpg.ca669e57cdd58148ae0f91766ac10b56.jpg

Gotta love it. These idiots that do this kind of shit deserve every bad thing that happens to their vehicles. FIne, go do Fins & Things so you can post on social media how badass your "not-built-for-this-kind-of-shit" vehicle can do what a Jeep does, but steer away from this nonsense. 

(Gotta admit tho - I kinda like these trucks)

• Thumbs Up 3
13 hours ago, suicideking said:

A Rivian on Hells Gate. Broke his tie rod and they used to rebar to get him off the trail. 

He bought the wrong vehicle...

FB_IMG_1685496788396.thumb.jpg.91440468e739f2c79055a46400214c0f.jpg

FB_IMG_1685496775783.thumb.jpg.ca669e57cdd58148ae0f91766ac10b56.jpg

GM tie rods🤦

They won't hold up off road with a half ton with a V-6. 

I had to carry spares when I wheeled my Avalanche, it ate a few of them. 

• Thumbs Up 1
5 hours ago, Gruff said:

Gotta love it. These idiots that do this kind of shit deserve every bad thing that happens to their vehicles. FIne, go do Fins & Things so you can post on social media how badass your "not-built-for-this-kind-of-shit" vehicle can do what a Jeep does, but steer away from this nonsense. 

Apparently they're not even 4WD, they're AWD. So not sure why anyone would think it can handle a 'real' trail. I didn't think we needed a truck smaller than the Ford Ranger or Chevy Colorado, but here we are. I guess this is how you do an electric truck? 

Ford has the Maverick which is similar. Re-using a name from the 70's. My great aunt had a Ford Maverick. She didn't drive it much. So when she died and we sold it in the late 90's, it had just over 30K miles. 

On 5/31/2023 at 6:54 AM, Gruff said:

One of my neighbors has one.  I've had a chance to ride in a few times and pretty cool... for what it is.  He dailys it and uses it for snowboarding and golf trips, never even been on forest roads with it.

Performace-wise, it's off the charts as long as you don't take it up Hells Gate.  The drag race below is pretty fun.  Rivian vs. TRX vs. Raptor.  Pretty cool to see what looks like a '90s microwave pull off a 0-60 in 3.0 seconds and 11.6 sec quarter mile.  

Spoiler alert for the video, they wanted to somehow get GM in the mix, so they put a Cyclone on a trailer behind the Rivian.  It still beat the Raptor....

• Like 1
  • Haha 3