Random Pics

Gruff

42 minutes ago, fiend said:

Moreno Valley? If so, I saw those same burros at that same spot a few weeks ago. 

Riverside, but Moreno Valley is on the other side of those hills in the background. So probably the same burros. They're also in Reche Cyn. An ex co-worker totaled his Camry hitting one on Reche Cyn. They get hit by cars all the time. 

A few months ago someone had video of a pack hanging out on the train tracks. That didn't end well either. 

35 minutes ago, suicideking said:

Riverside, but Moreno Valley is on the other side of those hills in the background. So probably the same burros. They're also in Reche Cyn. An ex co-worker totaled his Camry hitting one on Reche Cyn. They get hit by cars all the time. 

A few months ago someone had video of a pack hanging out on the train tracks. That didn't end well either. 

Yeah, Reche Canyon is where I was. Saw a whole heard of them grazing on the side of the road.  My wife had never seen wild burros and was enamored with them. I’ve seen them pretty regularly in the Panamint Valley area.  

i guess the ones that get hit by cars or trains become buzzard food. Circle of life thing.  

22 hours ago, fiend said:

Yeah, Reche Canyon is where I was. Saw a whole heard of them grazing on the side of the road.  My wife had never seen wild burros and was enamored with them. I’ve seen them pretty regularly in the Panamint Valley area.  

i guess the ones that get hit by cars or trains become buzzard food. Circle of life thing.  

They are cool to watch. Though they can be a bit of a menace in the neighborhood. Last week a neighbor had burro poop all over their front yard. They have some nice concrete steps that they added. There was poop on every step and at the very top. They eat front yard plants and also track dirt everywhere. 

Someone posted on Facebook that a couple of them was hanging out in their front yard mating for a while. GET OFF MY LAWN! 😳

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, Jdofmemi said:

Looks like the same storm that's about to hit us here in Sand Hollow. 

Too bad you can't come for a day or 3

Picking up my daughter in Hurricane tomorrow; she’s been working in Zion…I drove her car after having it repaired (someone hit her in the driver door) yesterday to Henderson; my wife flies in tomorrow night…Raiders game then off to Tahiti…

but next time…

• Thumbs Up 1