Crawl2Camp’s 2014 JKUR Build(s)

Well I bought my 2014 JKUR in June of 2014.  The wife and I had been doing some fishing on the Owens River and couldn’t get into some places with her RAV4 due to excessive mud from rains.  I had done some High Sierra camping and fishing trips with my parents as a kid and wanted to share those type of trips with my wife also as they were very enjoyable and memorable.

We stopped at a Toyota dealership in Redlands one day after coming back from a weekend in Big Bear, but those idiots wouldn't even let us test drive a new FJ and we were really put off by that.  Went to Redlands jeep and found ourselves on a test drive offroad testing out the different features of the Jeep and we were sold.  Found our Jeep a few months later for a great price.

8C851B35-F68C-42F8-8F2E-7CE0AAACBB08.jpeg

85DFD9D3-37D7-4FEE-A4C9-574F9240FFB4.jpeg

520E1C18-E39B-4EA6-B93D-2501C6F3DBEC.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1

I kept the Jeep stock for a year and then installed a pieced together 2.5” lift, (Rancho 5000X shocks, Rock Krawler 2.5” springs, Synergy fixed front lower control arms, 35” Mickey Thompson tires, Nemesis fenders, Genright front bumper, VKS sliders and a Superwinch.  

Oh and a Teraflex tire carrier that has been issue free to this day. 🖕🤣

A606C21A-D50A-41F5-912B-1D57F27C7854.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1

Rode on that for a year or two and decided it was time for upgrades.  Changed the shocks out to Falcon 3.2’s, installed a Tera R44 front axle, full set of Synergy adjustable control arms, Revolution rear shafts, Adams driveshafts, Rock hard skid system, Yeti tie rod and drag link, 37” STT Pro’s and PSC hydro assist about a year after that. 

1C66A7E6-F8BF-4F28-9EAE-A08ED50F71A6.jpeg

50345376-73ED-401A-A3F3-821A2D49B999.jpeg

Drove that for a year or two and continued to get addicted to rock crawling with the Jeep during that time.

My Rock Krawler springs started to sag bad and continued to do so even after installing 1” spring spacers.  I also had a few control arm bushing failures in the Synergy arms and had multiple Yeti TRE failures and bent the tie rod at the clamp.  Also bent the Rock Hard engine skid pretty bad to where it was almost touching my oil pan.  The jeep felt sluggish with all the extra weight I had added, so I wanted to put it on a diet.

Decided it was time for another round of upgrades.  

Installed Metalcloak 3.5” springs and control arms, Artec bellypan skid system, Borla cat back exhaust with added resonator, JE Reel 1350 canyon crawler driveshaft, Motobilt frame chop rear bumper, Fusion 4x4 2.5 ton tie rod and drag link, KMC beadlocks and 37” Nitto TG’s.  

CD79DB9C-9982-49DC-86C7-6797603C8E73.jpeg

9EBF6B24-1044-4424-AF65-05F0154F8B76.jpeg

1CE14B88-505E-440D-8535-F0BC2D2A7EA0.jpeg

540D84B9-C729-49D7-95E1-DE41B67E0D22.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 2
10 hours ago, Weebz said:

Looks awesome.   How do you like that bumper?   I have one sitting in my basement waiting on everything else.  

I have no complaints about the bumper and like the tight profile.  My previous bumper (LOD) sucked and was always getting pounded by rocks.  I actually pushed that bumper into the body causing some damage and after that I was done with it and ran without a bumper for a while.  This bumper is well fastened and the new crossmember it attaches to is beef.  Here’s a few more photos of it from different angles.

A74FA62F-4902-413A-A8CE-A9F12AACA85E.jpeg

848CD7D6-B948-4F66-927E-9C6E08AEE700.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1
14 hours ago, Crawl2Camp said:

I have no complaints about the bumper and like the tight profile.  My previous bumper (LOD) sucked and was always getting pounded by rocks.  I actually pushed that bumper into the body causing some damage and after that I was done with it and ran without a bumper for a while.  This bumper is well fastened and the new crossmember it attaches to is beef.  Here’s a few more photos of it from different angles.

A74FA62F-4902-413A-A8CE-A9F12AACA85E.jpeg

848CD7D6-B948-4F66-927E-9C6E08AEE700.jpeg

I like the look and sound of that. 

I have the GenRight bumper, but am always bashing it on rocks. 

I may have to keep this in mind when I ever get time to work on it again. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Love your build.  Reminds me a lot of mine even when I look at upgrades you’ve made . 

I’m overdue for a psc system and a front axle upgrade but have procrastinating both since my stock 44 has a lot of upgrades and I’m hesitant to commit to another round of wrenching lol

• Thumbs Up 1
2 hours ago, Jetlau3 said:

Love your build.  Reminds me a lot of mine even when I look at upgrades you’ve made . 

I’m overdue for a psc system and a front axle upgrade but have procrastinating both since my stock 44 has a lot of upgrades and I’m hesitant to commit to another round of wrenching lol

Thanks Dan. I love your Anvil jeep BTW. Me and the wife were having such a hard time picking between Granite and Anvil back in 2014.  

The PSC was definitely a game changer when locked and in rocks.  It’s nice to be able to turn when and where you want.  Oh cmon, you know you love to wrench.  I think I love tinkering with my jeep as much as I do driving it offroad.  

I’ve started to swap out my Nemesis fenders this week to my new sets.  You may need to do some wrenching in the future if your interested. 🤪 

18 minutes ago, Crawl2Camp said:

Thanks Dan. I love your Anvil jeep BTW. Me and the wife were having such a hard time picking between Granite and Anvil back in 2014.  

The PSC was definitely a game changer when locked and in rocks.  It’s nice to be able to turn when and where you want.  Oh cmon, you know you love to wrench.  I think I love tinkering with my jeep as much as I do driving it offroad.  

I’ve started to swap out my Nemesis fenders this week to my new sets.  You may need to do some wrenching in the future if your interested. 🤪 

Whats wrong with old set?

30 minutes ago, AxK said:

Whats wrong with old set?

Nothing really.  The finish (Powder coat) isn’t quite as good as they were new, but I just spray them with trim shine when I wash the jeep along with all my powdercoated items and they look good.  

I’ve actually had a spare set of rear flares for over five years and nobody ever wanted to buy just rear flares or they wanted me to give them away.  I finally bought another set of narrower fronts and am now just swapping sets/ putting that spare set of rears to use.  

D60DBBBD-2D27-46C1-89EF-FD314308A0F4.jpeg

6FF949CD-F96E-404C-BB7C-4F1AC292C9CE.jpeg

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Jetlau3 said:

Are they powder coated black ? What do you want for them once they are off?  My bushwackers are beat to shit and the front has pretty bad lines so def interested 

Yes they are powder coated semi gloss black.  Not really sure on a price but I’ll give you a good deal on them. 
They can take a really good beating.  I’ve bounced them off rocks a few times and you can barely tell.  😎  I’ll try and get some photos when I get a chance.  

10 hours ago, Jetlau3 said:

Are they powder coated black ? What do you want for them once they are off?  My bushwackers are beat to shit and the front has pretty bad lines so def interested 

Dan I’ll sell you the set(front and back) for $800.  I paid almost $1650 for them shipped from Nemesis. 

08F0F63B-84CF-4036-BD40-A0240D0A2BF8.jpeg

47 minutes ago, Jetlau3 said:

Would love to see some photos . I’m on a deal spree on fenders . Think ECJ sold me these bushwackers for $250 shipped to LA 🙏

With how crummy life has been lately, if someone can get a win it will make me happy.  👍

I’ll try my best to get some photos for you as soon as I can.  I’m hoping to be able to get back out in the garage this coming weekend to continue working on removing the fenders.  I’m disabled and haven’t really done much in close to a year now, so please bare with me if it takes a little bit of time.  I was able to remove one fender last weekend along with hang a half door mount and I considered that quite the accomplishment. 🫣🤪

• Thumbs Up 1
1 hour ago, Crawl2Camp said:

With how crummy life has been lately, if someone can get a win it will make me happy.  👍

I’ll try my best to get some photos for you as soon as I can.  I’m hoping to be able to get back out in the garage this coming weekend to continue working on removing the fenders.  I’m disabled and haven’t really done much in close to a year now, so please bare with me if it takes a little bit of time.  I was able to remove one fender last weekend along with hang a half door mount and I considered that quite the accomplishment. 🫣🤪

Im in no rush . Im installing the arb compressor and 4 tire air up kit this weekend and that’s prob all I have time for for a while . Cheers 

• Thumbs Up 1
9 minutes ago, Crawl2Camp said:

Got my new front flares installed yesterday.  It was nice to tinker in the garage for a little while, all made possible by the new creeper stool I got last week.  I was wiped out after two hours though.  I just have no endurance or energy anymore.

9A31229D-F36F-4F6A-85D9-123E947825B6.jpeg

9F1F6C9A-7B01-4AAC-87D2-9FD1564020C0.jpeg

Those look really good.

• Thumbs Up 1