Crawl2Camp’s 2014 JKUR Build(s)

13 hours ago, AJK said:

Nice....yes they look well made for sure. So I am guessing you can bolt in for placement then weld on?

Yeah the plan is to prep everything, then bolt it in and weld it on.

Sorry guys busy day today and was trying to reply on my phone earlier. (With my old crappy eyes)

Got some progress done on the Jeep this week.  My foot is removing from this last surgery decently, and I finally am getting some strength back so I can move around better and work on things without pain/tiredness setting in my foot quickly.  

Installed the new injectors, plugs, coil boots, intake seals, throttle body, intake runners and now just need to finish up the cooling system replacements. (Water pump, thermostat, hoses and flush.)
 The leak on the PSC low pressure line that feeds the pump, was simply due to using push-loc’s with no clamps along with time.  PSC now ships that line with clamps due to this same issue occurring.  

29ECBE51-C1F2-4F2A-89BB-E237327F50A1.jpeg

51D655F3-CA78-4C9B-A8B1-CAC53E4F0EDA.jpeg

47DF0F94-B4EB-44AA-8084-CFAFF99C8A77.jpeg

On 3/18/2023 at 11:08 AM, fiend said:

wow. That photo really helps understand what you've been going through.  Glad you are starting to feel better.

Thanks Greer, I appreciate that comment.  

It will be two years since the injury on April 8th.  I’d be lying if I didn't say t’s been a monumental struggle; both mentally and physically.  
At least with the Jeep, it keeps me somewhat mentally in the game, thinking and researching and talking to people.  

The internet has taken the humanity out of of being social.  People only want to see/show the facade, and not the struggles of regular life we all go through.  It’s the “lets just amplify the vision of all the fake BS of us enjoying everything in our lives”..  Meanwhile people have never been so disconnected, alone, depressed, down on themselves, and just plain hopeless..  

• Thumbs Up 1
1 hour ago, Crawl2Camp said:

Thanks Greer, I appreciate that comment.  

It will be two years since the injury on April 8th.  I’d be lying if I didn't say t’s been a monumental struggle; both mentally and physically.  
At least with the Jeep, it keeps me somewhat mentally in the game, thinking and researching and talking to people.  The internet has taken the humanity out of of being social.  People only want to see/show the facade, and not the struggles of regular life we all go through.  It’s the “lets just amplify the vision of all the fake BS of us enjoying everything in our lives”..  Meanwhile people have never been so disconnected, alone, depressed, down on themselves, and just plain hopeless..  

You said it Kevin. 

I can't imagine how much harder it has been with your injury, and the lack of work it brings. 

Your foot looks better than the last time you shared pics, but that still makes me cringe to see. 

How is your mobility now? 

I can imagine being on it for very long is not happening. 

Glad to hear your Jeep is making progress. Hopefully it runs like new when you get it all buttoned up. 

Thanks guys..
Sorry to vent on the interwebz and go off a that tangent, but we’re all human here.  Yeah the foot and the entire event has just been a mind fuck and I’ll leave it at that.
After my last surgery which was a month and a half ago, I basically had to start all over again with recovery etc. for the third time now.  Working on the Jeep and walking the dogs has helped me bring back that strength in my legs which ultimately helps with pain reduction and overall endurance.  No pain no gain. (To a degree)  I’ve gotten it to where I can work on the Jeep for about 2 hours standing on it before it gets tired, stiff and starts getting pissed off.
Well enough of that…

Going to have the RPM front 3 link installed on the Jeep within the next two to three weeks.  Taking care of the cooling system tomorrow and then it should be back up and running.  I also need to still swap in my new 8” PSC ram.  I already took care of the stops and checked bind etc..    It’s a bit annoying doing four point turns, so I need to get to it. 

1E2783B5-E259-43D0-A20F-628EE3AC99EB.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Well somehow talking to all of the cage guys and then going back and talking to them again, I ended up coming up on a fat deal that was too good to pass up.  Talked to the wife this morning and the Jeep goes back into the shop in the end of April to get a full cage and B pillar chop completed.  Front section of the cage to the B pillar bar will be Genright with the rear being full custom to my liking.  I plan to have a tire mount made into it, but haven’t figured out anything beyond that. Looking to also keep weight down as much as possible.  

• Thumbs Up 2
9 minutes ago, Crawl2Camp said:

Finally messing with these half door upper mounts today, so I can get these things into paint.  They’ve been siting in the boxes in our bedroom for something like six months now, I think it’s time and my wife thinks it’s a bit beyond time.  😂

C497963F-FC6A-41F9-8E17-27BE44ADCB24.jpeg

Ahhhhh,,,, I need to get me some. MB or GR? Dude you're having all kinds of fun over there.

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, AJK said:

Ahhhhh,,,, I need to get me some. MB or GR? Dude you're having all kinds of fun over there.

Motobilt.  I wanted my doors to look like “regular doors” both on the inside as well as the outside. 😉  
This is with the inner panel and handles removed. 

24A3222C-66C1-4615-8CDF-7229656573F7.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 3
6 minutes ago, Crawl2Camp said:

Motobilt.  I wanted my doors to look like “regular doors” both on the inside as well as the outside. 😉  

Did they come with hinges? And can you remove the inner? I have been bouncing back and fourth on the GR and MB for months LOL.

Edit...I just found the install instruction and see the inner can come off and the hinges are included......Hmmmm I think that's a better deal then GR.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, AJK said:

Did they come with hinges? And can you remove the inner? I have been bouncing back and fourth on the GR and MB for months LOL.

Edit...I just found the install instruction and see the inner can come off and the hinges are included......Hmmmm I think that's a better deal then GR.

Yes they include hinges and they have inner panels as well. (Just took them off for fitment)  It’s by far the better deal IMO.  My wife saw the inside of the others and told me “hell no”, thats why I had a set of Rugged Ridge briefly prior. 

• Haha 1
22 hours ago, Crawl2Camp said:

Well somehow talking to all of the cage guys and then going back and talking to them again, I ended up coming up on a fat deal that was too good to pass up.  Talked to the wife this morning and the Jeep goes back into the shop in the end of April to get a full cage and B pillar chop completed.  Front section of the cage to the B pillar bar will be Genright with the rear being full custom to my liking.  I plan to have a tire mount made into it, but haven’t figured out anything beyond that. Looking to also keep weight down as much as possible.  

Nice!

What's your plan for the back? 

I like the door choice too👍👍. They have a nice finished look to them. 

17 minutes ago, Jdofmemi said:

Nice!

What's your plan for the back? 

I like the door choice too👍👍. They have a nice finished look to them. 

still got to work through all the details on that.  I want to incorporate some sort of tire mount in the rear, but at the same time future proof it and keep the area clear for coilover towers.  Maybe a mount where I could switch between a tire and a storage basket. 🤔. Im open to any thoughts or ideas there.  🤙

10 hours ago, Crawl2Camp said:

still got to work through all the details on that.  I want to incorporate some sort of tire mount in the rear, but at the same time future proof it and keep the area clear for coilover towers.  Maybe a mount where I could switch between a tire and a storage basket. 🤔. Im open to any thoughts or ideas there.  🤙

Something like this maybe? 

Of course, after I posted it, I realized it pretty much eliminated the possiblity of a rear seat. 

Screenshot_2023-03-22-18-11-28-51_f9ee0578fe1cc94de7482bd41accb329.jpg

9 minutes ago, Jdofmemi said:

Something like this maybe? 

Screenshot_2023-03-22-18-11-28-51_f9ee0578fe1cc94de7482bd41accb329.jpg

Exactly for the tire/basket mount and “kind of” on the rest of it.  Not sure if I want to go fast back or not, but seeing im not putting back seat in... I’ll have to take a closer look at her and also that giveaway jeep to get some more ideas.  Thanks Jerry. 

• Thumbs Up 1
35 minutes ago, Crawl2Camp said:

Exactly for the tire/basket mount and “kind of” on the rest of it.  Not sure if I want to go fast back or not, but seeing im not putting back seat in... I’ll have to take a closer look at her and also that giveaway jeep to get some more ideas.  Thanks Jerry. 

Yeah the cage on her rig is nice.

• Thumbs Up 2