Crawl2Camp’s 2014 JKUR Build(s)

19 minutes ago, AxK said:

Did you put the code in for NR?. I would ask Currie to match that price and just drive down to Corona and pick them up and save more on shipping. I know when I did my PR44 picking up local was like a 250 savings.

Use code: Sharktank (10% 0ff from Northridge)

I’m honestly just thinking about getting a set of 60’s from ECGS.

47 minutes ago, AxK said:

Nice, which ones?

60/60 35 spline kingpin, Eaton E lockers, 72 WMS to WMS with 1 ton brakes. 

I’m kind of set on running E lockers instead of ARB’s, so that eliminates the 14 bolt and the 40 spline 60 unfortunately.  I’m still not 100% on that though, but I’ve seen plenty of ARB’s not locking up on the trails in the few years I’ve been wheeling. 

Hers are a few photos of a set of their 60’s, although with some different brackets and lockers. 

05E2A95D-2906-43B4-8255-F79C66A8BC07.jpeg

21F354C9-9F09-4D0A-B0A2-9099D568B20E.png

BAF1A6BF-45A8-4B72-B5C0-D384DD2F8E1C.jpeg

E7F8F8D1-E412-4F7E-8B8B-F677A9F02CB9.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1
7 hours ago, Crawl2Camp said:

I’m kind of set on running E lockers instead of ARB’s, so that eliminates the 14 bolt and the 40 spline 60 unfortunately.  I’m still not 100% on that though, but I’ve seen plenty of ARB’s not locking up on the trails in the few years I’ve been wheeling. 

Hers are a few photos of a set of their 60’s, although with some different brackets and lockers. 

Let me know & I will match or beat that price. FYI the last fully built & shaved 40 spline 14b rear & built comp hp 60 was around 14k$ shipped to my shop in Northern Michigan.  

210BACF4-E046-4543-A797-C27C5E9ED4E4.jpeg

• Like 1
1 hour ago, MIOffroadCustoms said:

Let me know & I will match or beat that price. FYI the last fully built & shaved 40 spline 14b rear & built comp hp 60 was around 14k$ shipped to my shop in Northern Michigan.  

210BACF4-E046-4543-A797-C27C5E9ED4E4.jpeg

I’ll definitely let you know and thanks.  I’m still doing some digging into the different options on things on the front axle, as there are so many options that they give you.  

Oh that looks nice. That front diff looks like its cut like the UD60? Looking closer the fit and finish look wayyyyy better then the UD does.

I hope the E locker is a 4 pin? After taken apart the 2 pin and seeing how it works I dont trust it anymore.....thats just me though. 

Thats a dam good price for the package. Whats the build time on them?

3 hours ago, AxK said:

Oh that looks nice. That front diff looks like its cut like the UD60? Looking closer the fit and finish look wayyyyy better then the UD does.

I hope the E locker is a 4 pin? After taken apart the 2 pin and seeing how it works I dont trust it anymore.....thats just me though. 

Thats a dam good price for the package. Whats the build time on them?

I’m not sure on the build time yet, I still need to talk to them. (Just woke up from my morning nap) 😂 

They only sell the new Eaton 4 for the 60, so I'm assuming thats what going inside.  Wait I see there’s a 40 spline now too..  🧐. I’ll definitely verify though.

36476FBF-10AC-4AE6-ABCE-BB58AE6B99F0.png

14 hours ago, Crawl2Camp said:

Makes my welds look like boogers. 😞

So I’ve been working on quotes for axles and am about to pull the trigger.  Right now I’m working with Matthew and ECGS on a set of 60’s.  60/60 combo 40/35 spline with the new Eaton4 E lockers. (Luckily Eaton makes a 40 spline for the 60 now) Am I really limiting strength and reliability by not going to a 14 bolt?  14 bolt just means ARB’s and for simplicity etc. I’ve wanted to stay with E lockers.

I dont think there is a major difference. If you want Es get what you want now. Dont do what I did and buy something you really dont want.

I am putting the order in to Currie tomorrow and bouncing back and fourth on 60 or 70 rear right now with 40 spline. How much more is it with ECGS going from 35 to 40 spline?

54 minutes ago, AxK said:

I dont think there is a major difference. If you want Es get what you want now. Dont do what I did and buy something you really dont want.

I am putting the order in to Currie tomorrow and bouncing back and fourth on 60 or 70 rear right now with 40 spline. How much more is it with ECGS going from 35 to 40 spline?

Nice to hear about your Currie order happening. 👍 I want to get my set on order this week also, I just dont want to have any buyers remorse. 
The difference from 35 to 40 spline is around $500 with ECGS.  I’m definitely going 40 spline for the rear.

36 minutes ago, Crawl2Camp said:

Nice to hear about your Currie order happening. 👍 I want to get my set on order this week also, I just dont want to have any buyers remorse. 
The difference from 35 to 40 spline is around $500 with ECGS.  I’m definitely going 40 spline for the rear.

Awesome.... its like 2k more for the 70 but thats also a slightly different case as well.

Also coming from someone with experience going through this recently definitely buy what you want. I completely regret buying the E locker and they were my biggest concern going into these axles. I'm not trying to steer you away from E lockers at all but helping you make sure you buy what you want so you don't go through what I went through.

If you have any concerns about air problems with ARB and it's something that you don't want to deal with, the first time they give you an issue you're going to be wishing you went with the E locker.

26 minutes ago, AxK said:

Awesome.... its like 2k more for the 70 but thats also a slightly different case as well.

Also coming from someone with experience going through this recently definitely buy what you want. I completely regret buying the E locker and they were my biggest concern going into these axles. I'm not trying to steer you away from E lockers at all but helping you make sure you buy what you want so you don't go through what I went through.

If you have any concerns about air problems with ARB and it's something that you don't want to deal with, the first time they give you an issue you're going to be wishing you went with the E locker.

The Eaton4 is much improved over the older Eaton lockers.  Not only are they 4 pinion, they also do not disengage for 120 degrees and then re-lock when going from drive to reverse.  That can cause shock and binding resulting in not so good results as you can imagine.  

I just wish they made an E locker for the 14 bolt, as the dual supported pinion gear and larger ring and pinion is really bomb proof stuff.  The 80 is just too big (ground clearance) and heavy IMO, unless your going to run 42” or larger tires and a V8 to push it all. 

17 minutes ago, Crawl2Camp said:

The Eaton4 is much improved over the older Eaton lockers.  Not only are they 4 pinion, they also do not disengage for 120 degrees and then re-lock when going from drive to reverse.  That can cause shock and binding resulting in not so good results as you can imagine.  

I just wish they made an E locker for the 14 bolt, as the dual supported pinion gear and larger ring and pinion is really bomb proof stuff.  The 80 is just too big (ground clearance) and heavy IMO, unless your going to run 42” or larger tires and a V8 to push it all. 

I can tell you that you can really feel that 120 degree rotating between locks. One of the biggest reason I can't stand the two pinion.  The Eaton4 sounds like a winner. That is a much better and stronger design.

• Thumbs Up 1

You got me looking at ECGS site again. Man do they got some good stuff. I found the ARB for the UDs 60s are only 1180 each with master install kit around 250 each....Hmmm might be another option for me. Could probably sell the E Locker for 5-700 each.

3 hours ago, AxK said:

You got me looking at ECGS site again. Man do they got some good stuff. I found the ARB for the UDs 60s are only 1180 each with master install kit around 250 each....Hmmm might be another option for me. Could probably sell the E Locker for 5-700 each.

It would probably be easier to buy new axles than swap carriers?

• Thumbs Up 1

So I'm getting closer to pulling the trigger on a set of axles.  I spoke with ECGS today and went over a few options etc. They were also asking if I’d want to go with an 80 rear in the rear.  🤔

Right now i’m trying to determine how much to post my current axles for sale for.  I saw a set of “built” JL axles sell in under a day today on facebook and the guy was asking $8500. 😳. This is what he was including with a few photos.

0CD2591E-0D4F-49C0-A1F2-A6EEF71AFEFB.png

7893D9D3-3D14-43CD-B2BB-5428DAC27407.png

B171DC7F-6517-43EE-9C14-248DE63514EF.png

This is what I'm including:

Tera R44 front axle with the following: 4.88 Spicer gear set, OEM E locker, 1/2” axle tubes, reinforced high steer bracket with hydro assist brackets welded on, caster correction, boxed control arm brackets, shock mounts moved out wider.

Tera HD ball joints

Rancho high steer knuckles

Revolution Gear and Axle American Forged axle shafts (Foote Forge)

Fusion 4x4 2.5 ton 7075 aluminum tie rod

Fusion 4x4 7075 aluminum drag link (Flipped)

New Core 4x4 stage 4 (Johnny joints at both ends) track bar

Teraflex big rotor kit

Spicer unit bearings replaced under 10K miles.  

Extras: New in box Spicer unit bearing, extra nodular iron diff cover.  

Rear Dana44 axle with the following: 4.88 Revolution Gear and Axle gear set, OEM E-locker with axle tubes welded at the housing. Welded boxed shock skids for Falcon shocks. (Can be trimmed down for smaller footprint for any other shock).
Revolution US forged (Foote Forge) axle shafts

Metalcloak raised trackbar bracket. 

Extras included: Spare set of OEM axle shafts in good condition. 

8AC6682C-FC17-47E1-A8C5-0F5098BB3580.jpeg

3E5215BC-B692-4131-9BB2-020088B62543.jpeg

A292A0CA-E18E-45D6-AD0A-EE306B1FA54E.jpeg

AFB76391-BC94-4608-93E7-7B5E6610E177.jpeg

9BD663F2-C58E-4196-9870-62F96B49F589.jpeg

38 minutes ago, AxK said:

I sold mine last February for $6500. That was a PR44 ARB 5.13s with the steering and rear D44 with brand new chromoly shafts. Are these current pictures or when you first installed?

The $8500 is what I just saw posted today for a set of JL stock axles built up.  (I attached his add in the first post with photos). I was a bit stunned to see them sell in less than a day at that price and it didnt even have an aftermarket front axle.

• Confused 2
11 hours ago, AxK said:

I sold mine last February for $6500. That was a PR44 ARB 5.13s with the steering and rear D44 with brand new chromoly shafts. Are these current pictures or when you first installed?

My photos (The second set of photos of the Tera axle etc) was just taken two days ago.  I spent some time cleaning everything up and took a rattle can to rock scars. 👍  Sorry I was tired last night and didn't read your reply very well.

Man looking at the photos my Genright bumper looks like crap.  Might have to have the wife get me a new front bumper.  😆 

20 minutes ago, Crawl2Camp said:

My photos (The second set of photos of the Tera axle etc) was just taken two days ago.  I spent some time cleaning everything up and took a rattle can to rock scars. 👍  Sorry I was tired last night and didn't read your reply very well.

Man looking at the photos my Genright bumper looks like crap.  Might have to have the wife get me a new front bumper.  😆 

Dude those are clean. I would put up for at least 7.

• Thumbs Up 1