Crawl2Camp’s 2014 JKUR Build(s)

10 hours ago, fiend said:

Sure does make it easier to get things done. I’m redoing my PSC set up and swapping my front track bar. Still need to get my parking brake working. Those should be the last items on my list.  When do you expect to be trail ready?

Yeah the cooler weather makes working on the Jeep much more doable. There is virtually no ventilation in my garage, so it gets HOT in there.  I also try and keep the garage door closed to keep prying eyes away.  

Your really close to getting things completed.  I still haven’t done my parking brake cables either.  I tried to pawn it off to the shop that did my alignment after we did a quick driveway adjustment.  Lets just say they were less than enthused to do it and well it didn't get done.  😂 

I still have to do my onboard air & lockers, get my rear driveshaft shortened a bit and trim about 1/4” or so from my steering stops.  I’m still running my 6.75” throw ram on it at the moment also.  I think if I get that done I should be  able to get out on the trails to see how it does.

I also have some maintenance to complete on the engine.  Going to put a new water pump as it’s the original and new thermostat (my 4th).  I also want to replace the spark plugs.  I can do all of this maintenance at another time though.  

Hoping to be trail ready in a few weeks. 🍻 

I did the same with mine.  Then tried to hook them all back up.   Still can’t get them adjusted.  They will either come out fully now or just get tucked away and forgotten.  

10 hours ago, Crawl2Camp said:

I tucked mine up under the frame crossbar and zip tied those suckers.  I would like to have a parking brake again though, so it’s still on my list of things to do..  eventually.     

• Thumbs Up 1
6 hours ago, Weebz said:

I did the same with mine.  Then tried to hook them all back up.   Still can’t get them adjusted.  They will either come out fully now or just get tucked away and forgotten.  

Your making me not even want to try and install mine.  😂 
I did get the new E brake lines from ECGS when I got my axle though.  Do you have the same?

18 hours ago, Crawl2Camp said:

Yeah the cooler weather makes working on the Jeep much more doable. There is virtually no ventilation in my garage, so it gets HOT in there.  I also try and keep the garage door closed to keep prying eyes away.  

Your really close to getting things completed.  I still haven’t done my parking brake cables either.  I tried to pawn it off to the shop that did my alignment after we did a quick driveway adjustment.  Lets just say they were less than enthused to do it and well it didn't get done.  😂 

I still have to do my onboard air & lockers, get my rear driveshaft shortened a bit and trim about 1/4” or so from my steering stops.  I’m still running my 6.75” throw ram on it at the moment also.  I think if I get that done I should be  able to get out on the trails to see how it does.

I also have some maintenance to complete on the engine.  Going to put a new water pump as it’s the original and new thermostat (my 4th).  I also want to replace the spark plugs.  I can do all of this maintenance at another time though.  

Hoping to be trail ready in a few weeks. 🍻 

My garage is west facing, so basically it's like working under a broiler from noon onward during the summer.  Unbearable.

I don't understand why my parking brake won't work.  I have adjusted the shoes several times but no dice.  They are Fusion 4x4 cables.  One of these days I may call Fusion and see if they have a trick to getting brakes to work. 

What on board air system are you going with?  I have an ARB dual under the passenger seat, which works pretty well other than being loud. Fortunately it doesn't really come on much until the end of the day at tire fill up time.  

What length ram do you need? I am using my old 6.75", from the PR44.  Seems to work fine.   There's a tech sheet on PSC's website that explains how to determine what ram you need.

What do you think about a run on Saturday, October 22? Location TBD depending upon weather.  Hopefully I will be done with everything by then.

9 hours ago, fiend said:

My garage is west facing, so basically it's like working under a broiler from noon onward during the summer.  Unbearable.

I don't understand why my parking brake won't work.  I have adjusted the shoes several times but no dice.  They are Fusion 4x4 cables.  One of these days I may call Fusion and see if they have a trick to getting brakes to work. 

What on board air system are you going with?  I have an ARB dual under the passenger seat, which works pretty well other than being loud. Fortunately it doesn't really come on much until the end of the day at tire fill up time.  

What length ram do you need? I am using my old 6.75", from the PR44.  Seems to work fine.   There's a tech sheet on PSC's website that explains how to determine what ram you need.

What do you think about a run on Saturday, October 22? Location TBD depending upon weather.  Hopefully I will be done with everything by then.

Yeah I'm ready for this heat to be done.  Im hoping this weekend will be it’s (the heats) last stand and then finally we will stick to 80’s and lower.

I have the ARB twin with the ARB manifold.  I purchased a custom Innovate AT kit with both on board air & air lockers, that positions the manifold under the hood and the pump under the passenger seat.

I really dont know if I will need to go up to an 8” or not.  Im planning on taking 1/4” off of each stop and then go from there and see how things are.     

I may be up for a run on October 22nd.  I know thats my parents anniversary, however I haven’t heard of anything planned.  That should motivate me to get my rear in gear and get the Jeep capable.  

21 hours ago, Crawl2Camp said:

Your making me not even want to try and install mine.  😂 
I did get the new E brake lines from ECGS when I got my axle though.  Do you have the same?

Lol.  Mine are Fusion but yeah I got new cables.   There just is too much slack in mine to adjust them to function.   I probably should spend a little more time playing with star adjusters to see if I can take some out but I think the reality is the simple design at the lever with the little wire coupler for the cables is probably just stretched or they clock spring is worn out.   Either way I will give them one more shot but I’m tired of taking my seats out to get the console out to even play with the whole set up.   

13 hours ago, Weebz said:

Lol.  Mine are Fusion but yeah I got new cables.   There just is too much slack in mine to adjust them to function.   I probably should spend a little more time playing with star adjusters to see if I can take some out but I think the reality is the simple design at the lever with the little wire coupler for the cables is probably just stretched or they clock spring is worn out.   Either way I will give them one more shot but I’m tired of taking my seats out to get the console out to even play with the whole set up.   

Fusion / ECGS are the same thing.
Seats out just to work on it, thats great.  I’m going to move trying those out to the bottom of my list of things to do now.  🤣

• Thumbs Up 1

Got a few more things done with the Jeep since my last post.  Installed the Innovate AT Products onboard air and locker system with the ARB twin.  I mounted the manifold and solenoids under the hood by the brake master, the pump is under the passenger seat.  The air up/down all at once is definitely nice.

I also removed the rear seats and added in a new storage system by cargodog.  Super impressed by the cargodog system. (available for the JKU and JLU). The system has great storage, no rattles, has lights, good locks, USB’s, voltage indicator and is flush with the existing rear.  

F12FE8B1-CE8E-4A3F-B170-3C5A949FDBE1.jpeg

873A0B2D-60FB-4AA6-8687-2A1694F8AEF8.jpeg

C0F4106F-8D35-4AF2-A29F-BA8197B3EF12.jpeg

9EEB4E8F-D377-4C87-94AD-4FAECB304948.jpeg

7FE00568-7700-464D-A457-ECFF197AC20B.jpeg

CE1A436E-681D-4D36-BE76-DEF76A59576F.jpeg

F06D5F17-D948-475B-B56F-44CB4014159B.jpeg

7F5EC2D4-18D5-488B-AA2F-4FAA70DB0F20.jpeg

FA95D0FE-5DCF-41DC-8ACE-994C5F6774B0.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1
2 hours ago, AJK said:

I like, I saw on IG as well. Does is bolt or secure down?

Yes, it secures via 2 seat bolts on each side and the two pieces mate and line up via alignment pins.  Here’s a photo of the bottom, where you can make out one of the two mounting holes. The holes have rings welded to them on the bottom for good positive install.  First product in a long time that I'm super impressed with.  Everything is 100% US made and all parts were used from only US manufacturers. There’s a 10% off code right now, with tax included and a flat rate shipping fee of $50.  Even the packaging was top notch. 

F1125EA5-26EB-4053-A219-33ECFAECD7AD.jpeg

FD189A30-0C85-4739-B932-4E0361CCB892.jpeg

82E3826C-33AB-4DBB-9A57-EBADC8519693.jpeg

354811C8-1447-442F-A4C8-AEFAC7F32DFD.jpeg

632ACD4A-BBDC-4E44-B31C-F81C293AC163.jpeg

• Like 2
2 hours ago, fiend said:

That cargo dog system is pretty sweet. Looking forward to your review after some time with it.

I’ll probably go that way when I have a place to store my rear seats. 

My seats went into the rafters in the garage for storage.  🍻
Keeping the 40% side handy as I can re install that side and keep the 60% side of the cargodog system (center and passenger side) still installed. Another really cool option. 

• Thumbs Up 1
15 hours ago, Crawl2Camp said:

My seats went into the rafters in the garage for storage.  🍻
Keeping the 40% side handy as I can re install that side and keep the 60% side of the cargodog system (center and passenger side) still installed. Another really cool option. 

Won't work with a Genright cage though, will it?

16 hours ago, Gruff said:

Won't work with a Genright cage though, will it?

I was looking at cage pics, then this, and it looks like it would be really close. Could go one way or the other. 

The deciding factor could be the lids hitting the X brace, keeping them from opening. 

Great option, nice and clean, really similar to the one I made, though much better quality. The only concern I have is I made my deck taller, and still barely could fit my tool bags. 

I don't think my gear will fit in these, as great as they look. 

I hope to see this in person someday😁

6 hours ago, fiend said:

Yeah it doesn’t look like the compartments are very deep. I don’t think I could fit tools on there, but maybe things like recovery gear, air up lines, first aid kit, and my welding bag (gloves, shield, etc.).  

So I took some measurements for you guys.  The “main square” in the boxes (not counting the contoured areas) measures in at 20”x19”x6.5”, with you getting around 6.75” or so with the lid down.  The actual box measures 20x24.5” at it widest widths.  Im actually able to fit quite a bit in there.  One side I have my big tool bag, my recovery bag and first aid kit.  The other side I have my air lines, power inverter and a walking stick.  Lastly I have my fluids, which I plan to stuff in one of Artecs fluid storage boxes. Not sure about the Genright cage fit, but I know I recline my seats further than that cage will allow with the cross braces installed. 

AB80D909-88B1-4B96-AECB-8E2ACBE798BE.jpeg

16ECEB7E-8B96-430F-BD3F-F361C7281A3A.jpeg

82360FF8-58D4-4FA7-910E-323EEBB3A1DF.jpeg

9415787F-95BC-410B-8A6A-9BCC5F9606EC.jpeg

6A2FC16E-1B3C-4AA6-AB89-3D452D08726E.jpeg

EDBB99E9-D9EE-4599-A85C-D0585FB219AF.jpeg

3D996242-9B70-4990-8913-51480EFAFA5E.jpeg

7596CEE6-95CD-4DA6-9070-CF12F145EE50.jpeg

9D3925B8-FC91-4970-8A25-7EAAD1659FE5.jpeg

F1D7D9A2-08F7-4F20-BFD9-A156CC130613.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 2