Crawl2Camp’s 2014 JKUR Build(s)

8 hours ago, Crawl2Camp said:

All of the new current rear 4 links available have better geometry than Genright.  (Motobilt, Hepta and RPM). Genright chose to go with a flat belly which resulted in the frame side brackets not having enough separation, and the result is compromised anti squat.  All of the other kits keep with the stock crossmember drop in order to have the most frame side separation without going below the skid or into the tub.  Those roughly 2” of additional separation go a long way.  Think of it this way, an anti squat of around 150 compared to 90. I hope that helps in your decision making. IMO the Hepta and RPM are both good, although Hepta does have some very nice bracing and those dimes he puts down.. ❤️. Honestly love his stuff but I liked RPM’s front better. The nice thing is that I can put either an RPM or Hepta rear.  

So they have passenger JK 3 link front connection and the JL is a driver connection.  I didn't ask Don about that, but I will when I talk to him.

That makes alot of sense,,, but 3 more inches of flat belly clearance is hard to give up too. You gonna make me ponder this alot more now LOL.

• Thumbs Up 1
On 2/14/2023 at 6:55 PM, Jdofmemi said:

I'm looking forward to seeing you out on the trails again, so we can compare. 

I get the improvement in antisquat, but the flat belly and 3" of added ground clearance factors into the decision for me. 

It will be nice to compare and contrast the difference between the two. 

Jerry you and I are in the same boat as far as looking forward to seeing me getting my ass back on the trail.  This injury and the aftermath has just been so long and shitty of an process and I'm honestly super over it already.  Just had another surgery two weeks ago and now I'm dealing with the aftermath of that now.  I’ll know tomorrow if I have to spend the next month going to the hospital three times a week again.  🤦🏼‍♂️ Im hoping not. 

Yes the belly clearance definitely needs to be considered, especially with the JK’Us wheelbase.  Technically they are both “Flat” bellies though, cmon man.  🤷‍♂️🤣. Im interested to see how things work out as well as compare also.  

10 hours ago, Crawl2Camp said:

Jerry you and I are in the same boat as far as looking forward to seeing me getting my ass back on the trail.  This injury and the aftermath has just been so long and shitty of an process and I'm honestly super over it already.  Just had another surgery two weeks ago and now I'm dealing with the aftermath of that now.  I’ll know tomorrow if I have to spend the next month going to the hospital three times a week again.  🤦🏼‍♂️ Im hoping not. 

Yes the belly clearance definitely needs to be considered, especially with the JK’Us wheelbase.  Technically they are both “Flat” bellies though, cmon man.  🤷‍♂️🤣. Im interested to see how things work out as well as compare also.  

🤞🙏 For you that you get past this sooner than later. 

I can't imagine being down as long as you have been. 

Hang tough! 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Crawl2Camp said:

Here are both Hepta and RPM’s bellies.  Heck if I need to 42’s are just a stones throw away. 🤘

A92FDF04-53CF-485A-8F23-FDE6A9DA78D3.jpeg

20941818-568B-473E-939C-FC6ECEA1069F.jpeg

Don't take any of what I said badly. 

Having seen this set up first hand, with both Jeff and EC Jerry having a similar version, I will say it works great, and is super stable. 

Now I'm reminded that I need to measure up Vengeance and see what the antisquat number ended up at, since nothing is as designed. 

I know I missed the link separation on the axle end by around 3/4". This causes the links to touch each other at full stuff, though that should be remedied when I get longer coilovers which will reduce the up travel. 

That's ok, since the tires go an inch or more into the body with 2 inches of shaft still showing 🤦

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm using a hybrid setup all over my Jeep. The rear uses the Genright coilover mounting system on the frame and brackets on the axle for the lower control arm brackets. The upper control arm bracket on the axle is from Fusion - Dan welded that onto the pumpkin at his shop. The frame mounts for the front of the rear control arms use the Motobilt pieces. Just my personal preference based on attachment points & how heavy the brackets are. I'm also using the Genright tank, Motobilt skid and front crossmember mount. 

Fronts pieced the same way, Motobilt, Genright and custom brackets on the axle for the control arms & coilover mounts

Rear 1.jpg

Rear 2.jpg

Rear 3.jpg

Rear 4.jpg

Rear 5.jpg

Rear 6.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Found a soft radiator hose that was pushing against my hydro assist lines out of the reservoir.  Also found a leak from one of the lines coming from the reservoir to the pump.  Going to have to look at that also and change that hose at a minimum.  All of this was pretty much hidden from eye sight due to the intake covering it.

4302F0E4-70A6-476E-9220-A81392CF1CA5.jpeg

16 hours ago, fiend said:

I guess that kit is bolt on, but I’d think welding would be prudent. What’s your plan?

Yeah I thought I had mentioned it earlier; these brackets and crossmember supports are all getting fully welded in.  
Bolt on.. That’s funny.  😂