P0520 code

So last week I had this code come up after ran the Jeep pretty hard. It is for engine oil pressure circuit. No low oil pressure light. 
I thought might need to change oil and it would go away….. wrong.

if I clear the code it’s fine until the next start up.

Anybody else experience this? According to Google it’s fairly common issue and replacing the sensor doesn’t sound like fun.

10 hours ago, Redline said:

So last week I had this code come up after ran the Jeep pretty hard. It is for engine oil pressure circuit. No low oil pressure light. 
I thought might need to change oil and it would go away….. wrong.

if I clear the code it’s fine until the next start up.

Anybody else experience this? According to Google it’s fairly common issue and replacing the sensor doesn’t sound like fun.

I had that issue a couple of times on the White Jeep. 

The cam/lifter issue killed the engine before it got resolved, so no help there. 

I do recall that the first time it happened was after pushing hard through the desert, and found it was a couple of quarts low on oil. 

The level was fine when I went out, but pushing it hard led to high oil consumption, like a quart per tank of gas. 

Once the oil level was restored, and the code cleared, mine was fine. 

Not sure any of this helps, but it may give some context. 

On 3/20/2022 at 6:53 AM, Jdofmemi said:

I had that issue a couple of times on the White Jeep. 

The cam/lifter issue killed the engine before it got resolved, so no help there. 

I do recall that the first time it happened was after pushing hard through the desert, and found it was a couple of quarts low on oil. 

The level was fine when I went out, but pushing it hard led to high oil consumption, like a quart per tank of gas. 

Once the oil level was restored, and the code cleared, mine was fine. 

Not sure any of this helps, but it may give some context. 

I thought maybe thinned out the oil by being late to get the kid and also find out out jeep ram pretty smoky at 110. But oil level was still just below full line. Changed the oil hoping that would “fix” the issue but no dice. Jeep runs fine if clear the code and start it. Code doesn’t come back until you leave it shut off for a couple hours. Runs a little laggy when light is on but fine with it off.

Helpful advise when you replace the oil filter/cooler housing. Ditch the factory compression clamp on the water line and replace it with a real hose clamp. I didn’t and ended up having to take everything back apart to find coolant leak. That was the culprit. But knock on wood, check engine light hasn’t come back on so far and jeepjeep seems to be running much better.

Also found in the process that someone else had been under the manifold and when they put it back together they some how screwed up the rear upper manifold bolt and it wasn’t going through the right hole or holding the plenums together properly. Took some work but got that fixed too.

• Thumbs Up 1
On 12/24/2022 at 6:21 PM, Redline said:

Helpful advise when you replace the oil filter/cooler housing. Ditch the factory compression clamp on the water line and replace it with a real hose clamp. I didn’t and ended up having to take everything back apart to find coolant leak. That was the culprit. But knock on wood, check engine light hasn’t come back on so far and jeepjeep seems to be running much better.

Also found in the process that someone else had been under the manifold and when they put it back together they some how screwed up the rear upper manifold bolt and it wasn’t going through the right hole or holding the plenums together properly. Took some work but got that fixed too.

WTF. Glad you got it fixed. See ya Thursday in the beautiful land of Utah.