White Jeep 2.0

Long overdue update;

Since work and family has kept me from getting very far on this, I have made the decision to send it out to get finished. 

All I need to do is bolt in the new cage that's already welded, and put the stock axles in, and some roller tires to get it in the trailer. 

I'm going to bring the Jeep and all the parts to Bubba, and get it back "finished" and with an L-87 with a 10 speed to motivate things. 

I have a slot set up for March, and hopefully it will be finished in time for Moab next spring. 

IMG_2800.thumb.jpg.9d9a6a87a7c9f6dafba5b3c538cef4d4.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Ketchup 2
  • Middle Finger 1
1 hour ago, Weebz said:

That’s aweso Jerry.  Can’t believe you are actually handing this off.   What are you doing for a transfer case given the swap?   You going Atlas?  So what does that mean for Vengance?    

Atlas is already on order for Vengeance. It will stay the lower geared, more technical ability Jeep, less power, less road friendly, and mostly be trailered places. 

My plan is for White Jeep is to be more user friendly, and set up for distance and speed, drive there and back kind of trips. 

This swap includes a change to a sport T-case. I may add an Atlas later, but it adds too much to do this go around, both $$ and time. 

• Thumbs Up 1
3 hours ago, Jdofmemi said:

☝️This. They are thick enough that the bolt heads are recessed, even with washers. They aren't really wider though. 

I remember when I was shopping for new wheels last year and was looking at ring thickness. Seems like some are pretty thin. 

11 hours ago, fiend said:

I remember when I was shopping for new wheels last year and was looking at ring thickness. Seems like some are pretty thin. 

Most are. It seems the thick ones are all discontinued.

The other thing is now I have shiny new rings to sell with my old wheels. 

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Gruff said:

The rings on the Grenade Crawls I bought this year are still like the Chamber Pros & Slabs were. 

On 12/31/2022 at 9:44 AM, Jdofmemi said:

Most are. It seems the thick ones are all discontinued.

The other thing is now I have shiny new rings to sell with my old wheels. 

Interesting. I ended up keeping my old Chamber Pro rings and using them on the KMCs.  Sold the Chamber Pros with the new KMC rings.

Progress on White Jeep this weekend. 

Dennis came down to help, and we hung my stock axles back under the Jeep, and sourced some stock tires and wheels to make it ready to roll into the trailer for the ride to Bubba. 

We also loaded all the parts into the toy trailer. Waiting on loading the Jeep, and I'm going to try to get the armor and fenders on before it goes. 

It was great to work with Dennis on a project. It's been a long time since we have done this. 

We balance each other nicely, he has an eye for details, while I have a way with making tough situations work out. 

IMG-20230115-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20230115-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20230115-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20230115-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20230115-WA0000.jpg

IMG_20230115_192748.jpg

IMG20230115145708.jpg

IMG20230114153356.jpg

• Like 1