White Jeep 2.0

Working for a bit on the front end. 

I am trying to get maximum approach angle, and at the same time keep my Zeon 12, because as most of you know, when I get stuck, it's usually somewhere that takes a lot to get drug out of. 

I bought a cheap broken grille on eBay and cut the bottom to clear the winch. 

If I keep it this way, I will mold some slats to tie in the two cut pieces so they don't flop in the wind, and it will frame the winch better as well. 

If I decide against it, my original grille is still intact. 

So far I like it. 

IMG20230506154032.jpg

• Like 1
On 5/6/2023 at 4:09 PM, Jdofmemi said:

Working for a bit on the front end. 

I am trying to get maximum approach angle, and at the same time keep my Zeon 12, because as most of you know, when I get stuck, it's usually somewhere that takes a lot to get drug out of. 

I bought a cheap broken grille on eBay and cut the bottom to clear the winch. 

If I keep it this way, I will mold some slats to tie in the two cut pieces so they don't flop in the wind, and it will frame the winch better as well. 

If I decide against it, my original grille is still intact. 

So far I like it. 

IMG20230506154032.jpg

I like it....  I had to zoom in to even see the cut.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

White Jeep made it's way into the trailer today for the road trip. 

Had some help, first from a forklift, the Vengeance winching him into the trailer. 

A few more things to load up and we will be off for the heart transplant. 

It's surprising how easily it fits in the trailer with stock axles and stock tires and wheels. 

IMG20230529104636.jpg

IMG20230529105329.jpg

IMG20230529121001.jpg

IMG20230529122359.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1
17 hours ago, AJK said:

Yeah baby!!!

And Jesus you're doing a lot of driving this month. Are you coming back home to turn back around and go to Colorado?

I was in San Jose last week, Texas this week, San Jose again Monday, come home and leave for Colorado, back to San Jose the day after we return, then back to Colorado the next weekend, then another San Jose week........ And on it goes. Going to be about a 10,000 mile 5 week stretch, plus 3 weeks working. 

No wonder I don't have any time to work on the Jeep 

• Confused 1
10 hours ago, BHaner said:

That's my kind of MPG!

Better than when I got 6.6 going to Colorado last time.

I slowed down on the way there to keep tires and bearings happy due to the weight and got 8.5 going 60-65

Ramped up to 80 on the way home empty, that hurt the average 

12 hours ago, Jdofmemi said:

Better than when I got 6.6 going to Colorado last time.

I slowed down on the way there to keep tires and bearings happy due to the weight and got 8.5 going 60-65

Ramped up to 80 on the way home empty, that hurt the average 

7-8 is about what I get doing 70-80 at about 30k.  If I stay under 70 it goes up a little.  But what fun is that when the speed limit is 80.

11 hours ago, BHaner said:

7-8 is about what I get doing 70-80 at about 30k.  If I stay under 70 it goes up a little.  But what fun is that when the speed limit is 80.

I was 29,500#, with 8,500# on the rear axle of the truck. With single tires, not duals, hence taking it easy on the way there. 

All the parts, including the new axles, were at the front. 

Sounds like we are both in the same ballpark on mileage, though yours is probably slightly better 

7 hours ago, AJK said:

Jerry, did you see Bubbas video he put out the other day on the company he uses for V8 conversion? Is that going to effect you on anyway? 

The only thing I could find is about Dakota Customs and their new corporate owners lack of support. 

That is only on the Hemi swaps. 

I'm getting the LT with the RPM Extreme kit, so it shouldn't be any issues

1 hour ago, Jdofmemi said:

The only thing I could find is about Dakota Customs and their new corporate owners lack of support. 

That is only on the Hemi swaps. 

I'm getting the LT with the RPM Extreme kit, so it shouldn't be any issues

Yeah that was it. I couldn't remember the company. Glad to hear thats a non issue for you.

• Thumbs Up 2