Rolling jack stands

On 3/28/2022 at 7:57 PM, Crawl2Camp said:

That’s how I did my front axle change along with two hand jacks. 👍

Weren’t we supposed to turn in those jack stands due to failures?  🤔

I’ve had those jackstands back in the 90s when we were building Toyotas. That’s when they made sure that the tolerances were right.

• Thumbs Up 1

My harbor freight stands were not in the recall batch thankfully.  I have used them many times to hold up the Jeep and nothing bad has happened yet. Honestly, living in California, I’m more afraid of an earthquake happening while the Jeep is on the stands. 😮 

• Thumbs Up 1
4 hours ago, fiend said:

My harbor freight stands were not in the recall batch thankfully.  I have used them many times to hold up the Jeep and nothing bad has happened yet. Honestly, living in California, I’m more afraid of an earthquake happening while the Jeep is on the stands. 😮 

Yeah I remember there was that one Jeep owner killed a few years back in a quake after his jeep came off the stands.  😕 

• Hmmmm 1
3 hours ago, Crawl2Camp said:

Yeah I remember there was that one Jeep owner killed a few years back in a quake after his jeep came off the stands.  😕 

Before I take the wheels off I give the Jeep a vigorous shake to see if it will fall off the stands. Hasn’t yet. 🤞🏻

• Thumbs Up 2
23 hours ago, Crawl2Camp said:

I think that maybe was the Ridgecrest quake.  I was up at Lake Isabella/Kernville when that hit.  Fourth of July weekend, as I recall.

• Thumbs Up 1
2 hours ago, fiend said:

I think that maybe was the Ridgecrest quake.  I was up at Lake Isabella/Kernville when that hit.  Fourth of July weekend, as I recall.

Wow... I try to work on front or rear independently with my main set of jack stands and then the secondary set just in case.

I hate having stands on all 4 corners but sometimes it is what it is.

• Thumbs Up 1