Vengeance

1 hour ago, Savage90 said:

looks like its coming along! 

this all looks very similar to what i was dealing with a few months ago! very very tight clearances with all the steering components thats for sure! 
are you taking the clearances into consideration when you go with a bigger front axle in the future? 

It's moving the right direction for sure!

The clearance will change some unknown time down the road, with hopes for a Currie 70 axle.  Then a straight track bar will work, because of the rolled back cover.  

This will gain back the up travel that is currently lost, along with other benefits.

The Jeep side will not need to change, except for the last bit of EVO remaining in the front shock towers.  The future towers will be less limited by the unnecessary items in the engine bay, and will be able to come up higher.  

The axle side mounts for the lower control arms, and the axle side track bar mount is all I will need to buy a second time for a new axle. 

IMG_20240219_193258.thumb.jpg.5d9b2ad95cae9a7125a31bd3f06b0fab.jpg

More progress!

Got the other rear tower locked in.

IMG_20240219_193301.thumb.jpg.55dd90ef3aafde0e6901698ebba6e7a7.jpg

Towers tied together, and part of the tire carrier. 

Under the bar will be closed in storage

IMG_20240219_193318.thumb.jpg.ab6a21abaa7c7a295c127fd159d88319.jpg

Front end is getting close too 

IMG_20240219_134116.thumb.jpg.7012b38ef97f6ef03bb18dc5a95fa07a.jpg

Sleeves going in for the bumper.  This one mounts extremely well! 

IMG_20240220_071921.thumb.jpg.a82352feaa2da20da510e81c1716207f.jpg

Nothing much here, just a steering box, back in the proper location. 

Uh oh!

Another set back!

What do we have here?  So glad to find this now, instead of on the toughest obstacle of the next trail!

IMG_20240220_071934.thumb.jpg.6faca2c99da43186b07207be415c9401.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1
43 minutes ago, BHaner said:

That crack could be an excuse for full hydro... Just go with it.

I get it, but that's a whole new process, and I just spent a shit ton of time and money getting the steering and track bar dialed in.

I also have an idea, for later.

Seriously considering going that way when I ever get the new axles I want.

In the meantime, we are shooting this box to PSC for a rebuild. 

• Thumbs Up 1
1 minute ago, Nice Little Jeep said:

No, no no no no no no, no did I also say no!!!!  

Why say no when it feels so good to say yes!!

I mean... It's basically a buggy already...  Buggies have full hydro... I rest my case.

• Haha 3
22 hours ago, Jdofmemi said:

I get it, but that's a whole new process, and I just spent a shit ton of time and money getting the steering and track bar dialed in.

I also have an idea, for later.

Seriously considering going that way when I ever get the new axles I want.

In the meantime, we are shooting this box to PSC for a rebuild. 

To get this box rebuilt he’s probably looking at $475.00. The box has been in this jeep (being beat up with really bad steering angles) since about 2011 or 2012,  I think the box has done its job!! 

17 minutes ago, Nice Little Jeep said:

To get this box rebuilt he’s probably looking at $475.00. The box has been in this jeep (being beat up with really bad steering angles) since about 2011 or 2012,  I think the box has done its job!! 

I'm thinking the way the ram was rigged to the pitman arm, it was probably not exactly lined up, and pushing or pulling past the stops in the box, causing the sector shaft to twist a bit.

Fortunately it was found before the stress crack became a full blown emergency.

Plus, with the ram pushing there, it wouldn't help in case of failure of the sector shaft.

All bad!

I just feel fortunate that it lasted this long. 

28 minutes ago, BHaner said:

Why say no when it feels so good to say yes!!

I mean... It's basically a buggy already...  Buggies have full hydro... I rest my case.

I don’t care either way full Hydro or Hydro assist. I just don’t want to conquer that project at this point. Rebuilding the existing steering box and moving forward is such a better direction than going down another rabbit hole, which Vengeance has a million rabbit holes. 😁😎😳

• Thumbs Up 1

Jeep.IMG_6011.thumb.jpeg.b0f78fb37977bf5dba1cfd2655142e3f.jpeg

When you want to go to the best Off-Road shop in the Central California Valley Area, go to Nice Little Jeep Off-Road, and here is why.   Your project will NOT be completed in a timely matter, when Dennis tells you the Jeep will be done, good luck!!  Dennis will call or text you whenever he wants, to update you on how things are going. When the Jeep is finally completed, Dennis will walk you around your rig and tell you what you still need to complete in detail and explain how much that work will cost. So ask yourself!! Does your shop update you? Does your shop get things done in a timely matter? Show you all the details? There’s always a better shop than Nice Little Jeep Off-Road simple as that.

The new slogan: Bring your Jeep by Nice Little Jeep Off-Road will help build your Jeep …….. Not complete the project.

IMG_6249.thumb.jpeg.bddd3540a331e192b3738a1d9f65ad02.jpegIMG_6135.thumb.jpeg.96cae72c4ee286a1b42c56ed062834ba.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2
27 minutes ago, Nice Little Jeep said:

Jeep.IMG_6011.thumb.jpeg.b0f78fb37977bf5dba1cfd2655142e3f.jpeg

When you want to go to the best Off-road shop in the Central California Valley Area, go to Nice Little Jeep off-road, and here is why.   Your project will NOT be completed in a timely matter, when Dennis tells you the Jeep will be done good luck!!  Dennis will call or text you whenever he wants, to update you on how things are going. When the Jeep is finally completed Dennis will walk you around your rig and tell you what you still need to complete in detail and explain how much that work will cost. So ask yourself!! does your shop update you? dose your shop get things done in a timely matter? show you all the details? There’s always a better shop than Nice Little Jeep off-road simple as that.

The new slogan: Bring your Jeep by Nice Little Jeep off-road will help build your Jeep not complete the project.

IMG_6249.thumb.jpeg.bddd3540a331e192b3738a1d9f65ad02.jpegIMG_6135.thumb.jpeg.96cae72c4ee286a1b42c56ed062834ba.jpeg

But, it's always just one or two more things!  

All we were going to do was build a cage and fix a broken front axle 😵‍💫

Now, it's just 💰💰💰 and ⏳⌛

🤣🤣

It's good to have friends

• Thumbs Up 2

The progress continues, though slowly.

Nothing is as easy as is seems. A solid plan to have Vengeance on its own feet turned into more disassembly.

The steering is good, though clearance issues won't let me put the tie rod where I hoped. IMG20240302121934.thumb.jpg.bf21bc1727c40000304d02f6b049eefb.jpg

I am excited to get the 14" coilovers on the front, and only lose a couple of inches of droop in the left side only to keep the driveshaft from binding at the CV..

Flex is going to be even better, and it was pretty good before.

We had to pull the knuckles to get the arms drilled out to 3/4" for the larger steering parts. Tried drilling it, and after only getting about 1/16" after a few minutes, realized it needs to be done in a machine shop.IMG_20240304_182714.thumb.jpg.67dbb3f7bb1ee5d531ce69e37de6dac9.jpgIMG_20240304_182909.thumb.jpg.cf39f1f30991ba812a1b43c17bc81373.jpg

Good thing, as I got practice on the Dynatrac hub assembly.

Oh, and the axle guy put red loctite on the hub nuts.

That would make a trail repair a real PITA

Then the rear axle didn't show, so another week before we get it on its feet 

• Thumbs Up 1
2 hours ago, Weebz said:

That’s awesome Jerry.  You going to make it?

🤞🤞

Pretty sure it will be ready, as long as not too many more unexpected issues come to light.

There's still a lot to do, but a solid plan that should be able to have it ready.

We have a few things that are going to have to wait until a later date.

Cage should be going in next weekend 🤞

• Like 1