Big Bear John Bull Gatekeeper

3 hours ago, suicideking said:

Need to try it now. It has been too easy the last few years.

Yeah it was virtually non existent the past year or two.  I remember how much fun it was just to hang at the gatekeeper watching people try and get through back in the day.  I was really happy to see that someone finally did some work to it.

Now the mall crawler groups are going to throw a fit. 🤣

• Thumbs Up 1
9 hours ago, AxK said:

Good... the only trail I really like up there is Dishpan. Glad to see they changing it up.

I like Holcomb a lot.  The rock garden always presents some challenges.  And the trail is scenic. Feels like an adventure.  Gold Mountain can be a shit show crowd wise, but it has some nice views.  When you get lucky and beat the crowds, it’s fun. JB is probably the most challenging, hopefully the newly rebuilt gatekeeper will help.  Itching to get up there soon. 

48 minutes ago, fiend said:

I like Holcomb a lot.  The rock garden always presents some challenges.  And the trail is scenic. Feels like an adventure.  Gold Mountain can be a shit show crowd wise, but it has some nice views.  When you get lucky and beat the crowds, it’s fun. JB is probably the most challenging, hopefully the newly rebuilt gatekeeper will help.  Itching to get up there soon. 

Holcomb has been my favorite for the last few years. Used to be JB back when it was harder. That middle rock garden on Holcomb is fun and the rest of the trail does seem to be more scenic.

Agree with you that Gold Mountain can be fun when you don't get stuck in traffic. I joke about it, that it's Cleghorn on the mountain. One time I had a Bronco group in front of me. A couple were too stock and couldn't get over most of the obstacles. That made Gold Mtn take much longer than it should have. 

• Like 1