Show off your new tools.

This could be a long thread. 

I will start with today's new arrival. 

I have been wanting a good portable die grinder for a while. After Mike's front axle repair on the trail in Arizona, I decided to check out the options. 

Milwaukee has come through, I got this today, and tried it out right away. 

It's a 1/4", so it takes the good cutters, yet it is compact. 

I'm impressed by what it does on a short trial. Seems nearly as strong as my corded one, and way better than air powered ones I have used, plus no cord or hose to deal with. 

It is definitely going to live in the bag of tricks that goes along with my welder. 

IMG_20220602_174407.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

Nice tool there, I never thought that they had those in a battery version.  Love the Milwaukee line, it’s what I have and have been very happy with everything so far.  Thanks for helping spend more of my money Jerry.. 😆

as far as bits etc, don’t forget about McMaster-Carr.  They have some of the best and largest inventories out there for all things industrial.   

Not a "New" tool, but one I like to carry and haven't seen anyone else use. 

It is a chain wrench. Great for large nuts, like on control arm joints and such. 

It fits better than a pipe wrench or large adjustable wrench, or even the right size end wrench. 

It is smaller, lighter, and grips better due to completely surrounding the nut so it can't slip. 

It also works with a narrow opening, basically if the chain will fit it will work. 

The dual foot design let's you turn either direction without turning the wrench around. 

It is a handy tool to have around. 

IMG20230409182422.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1
3 hours ago, Jdofmemi said:

It is a chain wrench. Great for large nuts, like on control arm joints and such. 

It fits better than a pipe wrench or large adjustable wrench, or even the right size end wrench. 

It is smaller, lighter, and grips better due to completely surrounding the nut so it can't slip. 

It also works with a narrow opening, basically if the chain will fit it will work. 

The dual foot design let's you turn either direction without turning the wrench around. 

IMG20230409182422.jpg

If harbor freight sells one, I’ll buy it! Lol

21 hours ago, Jdofmemi said:

IMG20230409182422.jpg

Adding that to the long list of stuff i need.

2 hours ago, Nice Little Jeep said:

love this thing
IMG_3380.thumb.jpeg.fa52be4299911e21e6a3175c223965b6.jpeg

Seems like overkill for a Jeep, but they are amazing.

I have one for work. Sure beats pumping a tube by hand daily. 

I love how easy they are to prime when putting a new cartridge in. Way better than anything else I have used short of a pneumatic barrel pump. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1