What ya watching?

AJK

On 3/21/2023 at 3:14 PM, AJK said:

Anyone watch the Last of US? 

I started watching it with 2 of my 3 sons, 11 and 14. After two episodes, my 11yo decided it's too creepy and didn't want to watch it anymore. My 14yo didn't want to watch it without his brother. He tried for a few weeks to talk my 11yo into watching it, unsuccessful.

We are watching Mandalorian. This week was pretty good. Mostly a B plot. Last week was probably one of the worst episodes ever with a B plot with a scientist (I wont' give away the details), but not much Mandalorian. Both of my boys were complaining the whole time. Seemed to be more about a villain that is not interesting.

I'm watching Mayor of Kingstown with my wife. I'm 4 episodes in, so far I really like this show. Your typical crime drama. Things happening in and out of prison. 

I heard Succession is about to drop a new season. This is my favorite series of the year. Love the dark comedy and how the family is a bunch of misfits. Reminds me of a modern day Arrested Development. 

I've been watching Boardwalk Empire since I never got past season 1 years ago. Cool show. I'm in season two and curious how they develop Al Capone's character. 

Watching the last season of Snowfall. Not the best, but still want to see how it ends up. 

• Thumbs Up 1
On 3/21/2023 at 3:14 PM, AJK said:

Anyone watch the Last of US? 

That's one Kristi and I have been keeping up with. 

It is...... interesting. And a scary preview of what would happen if society ever breaks down. 

I never even knew of the game, much less played it, so it's all new to me. 

Mayor of Kingston is off to a good start. We are about 5 or 6 episodes in to the first season. Lots of corruption on all sides. 

We have also been watching Yellowstone, and the spin offs of it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm in withdrawals now that I've burned through all the Yellowstone series. I started New Years weekend & watched Friday & Saturday evenings til last night. Bummed.

I'm not a TV person and t's rare that a series captures my attention like these have done. Looking forward to the next spinoffs.

• Thumbs Up 1
On 3/24/2023 at 6:09 PM, Jdofmemi said:

That's one Kristi and I have been keeping up with. 

It is...... interesting. And a scary preview of what would happen if society ever breaks down. 

I never even knew of the game, much less played it, so it's all new to me. 

Mayor of Kingston is off to a good start. We are about 5 or 6 episodes in to the first season. Lots of corruption on all sides. 

We have also been watching Yellowstone, and the spin offs of it. 

On 3/25/2023 at 5:13 AM, Gruff said:

I'm in withdrawals now that I've burned through all the Yellowstone series. I started New Years weekend & watched Friday & Saturday evenings til last night. Bummed.

I'm not a TV person and t's rare that a series captures my attention like these have done. Looking forward to the next spinoffs.

The four sixes spin off sounds like it's happening.  Jimmy is one of my favorite characters so pretty psyched for it.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
On 3/25/2023 at 5:13 AM, Gruff said:

Wife and I watched 1883 and 1923. Both are really good, but I though 1883 was much better. When watching 1928, I kept thinking that I couldn't believe they were able to do some of the things 100 years ago. Seemed like a lot of senseless killings that you wouldn't be able to get away with today. Also really makes me think about how much technology has progressed in the last 100 years. Particularly with contacting people. There's a part where someone 'sends a wire' to a relative and it takes him a long time to actually get it. These days everyone is chained to cell phones and computers. You can get a hold of most people instantly. 

I do miss the days when you would check your answering machine at the end of the day and call someone back, OR NOT. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I agree - 1883 was pretty damn good. 1923 is good but for some reason Harrison Ford isn't doin it for me in this series. 

One of the underlying themes in all 3 series I noticed is Sheridan illustrating how badly we've fucked the indians over. What a mess. SMH

• Thumbs Up 2
13 hours ago, 6wt said:

Watching my Celtics play the Hawks in the playoffs…

That was a good game. They should have easy work to win one more and head to the next round. 

I'm a Lakers fan, but don't have a lot of hope for them going very far. I was surprised they actually made it into the playoffs with the current roster. 

5 hours ago, suicideking said:

That was a good game. They should have easy work to win one more and head to the next round. 

I'm a Lakers fan, but don't have a lot of hope for them going very far. I was surprised they actually made it into the playoffs with the current roster. 

I liked basketball more before they made dribbling optional

• Haha 2