What ya watching?

AJK

8 hours ago, suicideking said:

That was a good game. They should have easy work to win one more and head to the next round. 

I'm a Lakers fan, but don't have a lot of hope for them going very far. I was surprised they actually made it into the playoffs with the current roster. 

They are going to take out the Memphis Grizzlies and shut the mouth of Dillon Brooks…I’m not a Lakers fan, but I can’t stand that idiot…

• Thumbs Up 1
On 4/26/2023 at 12:11 PM, 6wt said:

Jurassic Punk…watched on the plane. Very interesting documentary about the creator of digital imaging…he did the water worm in Abyss, then the cop terminator in Terminator 2, followed by the original Jurassic Park

When I read Jurassic Punk, for some reason I heard in my head Diamond David Lee Roth singing Atomic Punk.

• Haha 1
23 hours ago, 6wt said:

I’m still pissed at him for breaking up the band…

I think it was Eddie that kept sabotaging the band. I'm sure it didn't help that Dave wasn't easy to deal with either. 

Lucky I got to see them, but it wasn't until 2015 at the Hollywood Bowl. Should've seen them in the 80's or 90's. 

Special Ops: Lioness (Paramount+), Ragnarok (Netflix), and saw Oppenheimer the other night, which was excellent…and reminded me of an Albert Einstein joke…

Apparently he was obsessed with his large breasted niece, which inspired the Theory of Relative Titty…

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Gruff said:

Just started on Suits. Also Lioness.

just finished The last couple Jack Ryan series. All are pretty good.

and yes, college and pro football now

Check out SISU…it’s a Scandinavian production set in WWII…seriously edgy dark comedy…

• Like 1

We're also watching Lioness. Really like that show. Reminds me of Homeland which is also really good.

Billions 

Manifest

Lincoln Lawyer

Designated Survivor

Boardwalk Empire

The Wire - Watching this for the second time. Such a great show. 

Ray Donovan - Cheesy, but good characters. Jon Voight is hilarous with his antics. 

Finished The Diplomat 

Finished Jack Ryan recently. 

Finished Mayans. Barely hung in there. Just doesn't compare to SOA, but still entertaining. 

Just finished Spec Ops: Lioness

I thought the show was really good, looking forward to another season. Only things I didn't like:

1. The B plot where the daughter gets into a car wreck and found out she's pregnant. Just totally pointless to the A plot, but I guess they have to kill some time and do some character development.

SPOILER ALERT:

2. Didn't really appreciate the part where they interrogate the main character and beat her up. I thought that was a bad decision to send her into an OP all beaten up. It did play into the story a bit, but still a sloppy writing decision. 

Wife and I also finished the Longmire series. This took us a few years since there were so many seasons. Good cop show that you don't have to take too seriously. Pretty easy to follow. We would watch this show as a 'last show for the night' because my wife usually falls asleep during that last show lol. Then you can easily pick it up again. 

Also been watching It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Good stupid-funny show. The absurdity reminds me of Seinfeld. Though taking it even further with death, racism, drugs, etc. 

8 hours ago, 6wt said:

Red River Rivalry in Dallas…UT-Oklahoma. Just sent my annual email to my buddy in Yap that used to pitch for the UT baseball team…

”Howzit Manta Dude

GO SOONERS

AMF,

Ed”

"You can unhitch the wagons, put the ponys in the barn!"

Been a Sooners fan since Brian Bosworth. 

That, and a pet hate of UT. 

It was a great start to the day. 

A few more will ease the pain of 49-0 last year.