New guy, hello!

Thor

Greetings, my name is Thor and I am new to the group, I live in Bellingham, WA. I run a 2018 JL 4dr Rubicon on 35" right now. Have a 2.5" terraflex lift with falcon shocks and ordering 37" beadlocks now. Kevin Graham has been great with information and tutoring, as well as helping with installs, he thought that I could gain more knowledge in this forum. My career is a veterans employment representative for the State of Washington and I enjoy helping veterans with resources and employment. I look forward to hanging out virtually, or in-person with this group and am stoked to just go Jeepin' whenever I can get away!

IMG_5462.JPG

• Thumbs Up 4
On 8/3/2022 at 4:33 PM, AJK said:

So what are some other plans for the jeep after 37s?

Looking into a better tire carrier for sure since the 37's weigh 123 ponds a piece, I have the Rough Country tailgate support bracket, but not sure that will do the job? I left the 35" spare on there for now. Kevin sent me a link to the EVO tailgate kit that incorporates the hinges, so looking into options? I need to get the procal out and recalibrate for the bigger tire because my shift points are off, but it didn't seem to be a big deal at Walker Valley last weekend. I love the 37 Pro Comps, for sure but had issues airing down because they hold so much air and for some reason the cores blew out of the stem? Weird because I have aired down a hundred times with the 35's with no issues? I have the twin ARB compressor, and luckily once my son Ian pulled forward slightly to get the stem at the bottom, I saw the core from the valve stem slide down inside the bead ring, so I was able to get it reinstalled. I think I have the ARB tool for airing down, just wonder if there is a better way? Jeep looks better with 37's...

Walker Valley 8_20_2022 1.jpg

On 8/1/2022 at 9:44 AM, BHaner said:

Howdy neighbor!

Welcome!

Dude, I LOVE the Pro Comps, but installing beadlocks for the first time was trail by fire for real.. hahahaha by the fifth one, I felt like I knew what I was doing and it went smoothly. Pic is from Walker Valley last Sunday and it was dry as the desert out there; I bet it's real fun in the mud. The Pro Comps walked right over the "gatekeeper" rocks by the gate.

Walker Valley 08_20_2022 4.jpg

56 minutes ago, Thor said:

Looking into a better tire carrier for sure since the 37's weigh 123 ponds a piece, I have the Rough Country tailgate support bracket, but not sure that will do the job? I left the 35" spare on there for now. Kevin sent me a link to the EVO tailgate kit that incorporates the hinges, so looking into options? I need to get the procal out and recalibrate for the bigger tire because my shift points are off, but it didn't seem to be a big deal at Walker Valley last weekend. I love the 37 Pro Comps, for sure but had issues airing down because they hold so much air and for some reason the cores blew out of the stem? Weird because I have aired down a hundred times with the 35's with no issues? I have the twin ARB compressor, and luckily once my son Ian pulled forward slightly to get the stem at the bottom, I saw the core from the valve stem slide down inside the bead ring, so I was able to get it reinstalled. I think I have the ARB tool for airing down, just wonder if there is a better way? Jeep looks better with 37's...

The Evo hinge carrier does a really good job also check out Rusty's Off-Road. If I wasn't running the cage style I would be running one of those two.

Now, if you want to go to like the cage style the aluminum from Genright is what I run and it weighs like 30 lbs.

• Thumbs Up 1
3 hours ago, Thor said:

Re: valve cores blowing out. 

User error is my suspicion. 

On the ARB air down tool, if you don't pull the stem that engages the core all the way out BEFORE you unscrew the tool from the valve stem, it will unscrew the core as you remove the tool, leading to loosing the core. 

I've seen people do that many times, and it's an easy mistake to make, especially if no one ever tells you the right way to do it. 

As for the tire carrier, both EVO and Rusty's do a similar job, though the camera arrangement on the EVO one is a PITA. 

I think Rusty's does a better job with it. 

• Thumbs Up 1
On 8/27/2022 at 12:20 PM, Thor said:

AEV tire carrier is a great choice, for 40” tires as well, it also has a single latch swing you open your tailgate and  the tire swings at the same time, the only one that can do that with a 40 inch tire. 

PS. you don’t have to have the rear bumper

81F0BE4B-823E-41B6-B0FA-8080E886B61E.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 2