Cargo rack and storage ideas

Been looking at getting a cargo rack and first choice is Genright and second is the Motobilt. I did order a tuffy from Amazon but already on the fence about.

What are you guys running or built for a security deck or storage organization.

Personally I’m not a fan of the Tuffy lid.   I am looking at GR myself but now that

you showed me the MB I will strongly consider that.   I really want a secure place for my cooler truthfully.   The underside is just east tool storage then for me.   

1 hour ago, Weebz said:

Personally I’m not a fan of the Tuffy lid.   I am looking at GR myself but now that

you showed me the MB I will strongly consider that.   I really want a secure place for my cooler truthfully.   The underside is just east tool storage then for me.   

Yeah, I ordered the Tuffy and it showed up but feels flimsy sending it back.

GR said it will fit with universal mounts but I am leery on that and dont want to drill holes in my wheel wells to find out it wont work.

I order a Amazon rack to test fit and should be here tomorrow. I came across the Motobilt and it looks perfect just trying to get confirm from MB if it fits with trektop and will I be able to stuff 40 under it. Casey said the top wonts close all the way but I am willing to modify if needed.

7 minutes ago, fiend said:

I have the Tuffy.  I like that it makes the entire cargo area underneath lockable and secure.  Also doesn’t interfere with the hard top, which I rarely but occasionally run. 

My thought with the Tuffy was to not install the back part so I could used as a pass through when I fold my seats down. This will allow me to put my 40 in back with some tools and still protect them. 

I welded a tab on my seat brackets and run a bolt through so you can't fold down seats. It is easy to get to bolts with old deck setup but I need more height now.

My question is with out the back divider is the tuffy going to be flimsy?

I spoke with Motobuilt they were cool enough to take measurements call me back and the measurements they gave sounds like it will fit the tire underneath and with the trektop.

Apparently, they will have free shipping over 200 starting tomorrow and might even be a sale.

• Thumbs Up 2
1 hour ago, AJK said:

I spoke with Motobuilt they were cool enough to take measurements call me back and the measurements they gave sounds like it will fit the tire underneath and with the trektop.

Apparently, they will have free shipping over 200 starting tomorrow and might even be a sale.

Glad they got back to you.   We will match as I’ll be ordering with their next sale

On 8/24/2022 at 8:08 AM, AJK said:

My thought with the Tuffy was to not install the back part so I could used as a pass through when I fold my seats down. This will allow me to put my 40 in back with some tools and still protect them. 

I welded a tab on my seat brackets and run a bolt through so you can't fold down seats. It is easy to get to bolts with old deck setup but I need more height now.

My question is with out the back divider is the tuffy going to be flimsy?

I don’t recall it being flimsy, but I rarely take out the back panel. Also, I think the 2007-2010 design is different from the 2011-2018 design, so whatever my experience has been may not be informative for you anyway. 

22 hours ago, KevinG said:

If you want some pics of the GR I can snap a few.  I have set it up a few times to drill the holes for the bungs in the cage but life keeps getting in the way.   Still don't have it installed   🤣

No thanks, I ordered the Motobilt. 10% off and free shipping. Saved $110.

• Thumbs Up 3
18 minutes ago, Crawl2Camp said:

If there isn't anything out there that meets peoples wants and needs, we can always design and build something that will.  (Especially if it isn't going to be a one off piece.)  We have the ability at my place of work to build all of these Jeep parts in both steel or aluminum.  

Ohh now you tell us lol.

I am trying to think of something to attach to side to block access and still be useful.

2 hours ago, AJK said:

Ohh now you tell us lol.

I am trying to think of something to attach to side to block access and still be useful.

I know I’ve mentioned it before in the past.  
I run the Quality Department for three fabrication companies owned and operated by the same private ownership.  (Although right now I’m out due to work injury). 

https://www.westernmetalservice.com
http://westcoind.com
http://www.wadcoindustries.com

Have you seen the Diabolical stuff?  It’s very pricey but it may be close to what your looking for. 
https://shop.diabolicalinc.com

• Like 1

Yeah the diabolical stuff is nice looking similar to Tuffy but expensive. What I didn't like about the Tuffy was that entire system was connected by two bolts to the Jeep.

I'm not looking for 100% zero visibility. I like the rack it's simplistic just got to figure out something to do so you can't get your hands in the side of it so easily.