Cruise Control

24 minutes ago, BHaner said:

It's the end of the world!!!

Yep.  My cruise control quit turning on.  The "Cruise" light on the dash is off and nothing happens when I hit the set button.

What do you think?  Clock spring? 

I am at about 60k miles.

Bad wheel sensor will cut that all off.

7 minutes ago, AJK said:

Bad wheel sensor will cut that all off.

All good there.  No codes or anything.

No idea when it last worked.  I hardly ever use it.  But is nice on the freeway.

All the buttons on the left side work.  Horn works.  No airbag lights.

I know from experience the brake switch will cut cruise control but you will get a code and brake lights stay on. The other would be its not communicating with the ERM Electronic Roll Mitigate module under the center console.

No codes at all? You using Jscan? You can reset each module independently. 

I know from experience the brake switch will cut cruise control but you will get a code and brake lights stay on. The other would be its not communicating with the ERM Electronic Roll Mitigate module under the center console.

8 minutes ago, AJK said:

I did a scan on the ABS system thinking it could have been something there.  Nothing.  And that is a first because it seems like I always have a wheel speed sensor or the wheel angle acting up.  Funny.  The cruise control even worked then.

No Brake, ABS, or CEL.

On 10/5/2022 at 5:59 PM, Jdofmemi said:

Sounds more and more like the clock spring. 

Progression of faults, no codes. 

Check with the dealership, FCA was forced to extend the warranty for the clock spring. They replaced mine in the White Jeep for no cost. 

Is there a recall for the clockspring for newer models now?
 I know part of the older 12-13’ years were originally recalled.  I have a bad clockspring in mine I need to get replaced. 

8 hours ago, Crawl2Camp said:

Is there a recall for the clockspring for newer models now?
 I know part of the older 12-13’ years were originally recalled.  I have a bad clockspring in mine I need to get replaced. 

Probably worth checking with the dealership. 

It's pretty much the only positive experience I've had with a dealership, getting my clock spring replaced. 

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Jdofmemi said:

Probably worth checking with the dealership. 

It's pretty much the only positive experience I've had with a dealership, getting my clock spring replaced. 

I checked online last night and couldn’t really find any recall data on a 2014, but I’ll do a bit more searching today.  🍻

Yeah i’m fearful of those idiots at the dealerships, as I never had one positive experience at any of them. NOT ONE!  The last thing they “fixed” for me was my passenger airbag.  I had to re-attach my dash (wasn't clipped or fastened properly), they damaged my center console by prying it all the way up the side with a screw driver etc. (wrong disassembly as they forgot to remove the screw under the window controls) and found half the fasteners and the plastic bracket that goes by the window under my passenger seat.  Sorry for the rant.  😝 

• Sad 1

Alright, I am picking up your rant and running with it. 

So I had the dreaded "rocker knock" about a year ago.   The Dodge/Jeep dealership is right across the street from my dealership.  I made an appointment for diagnosis and told them "I know what it is, you know what it is, just fix it and be fair".  After two days of waiting, I called over to see how things were going and they said that it's pulled in, torn down and waiting for parts.  I'm literally on the phone with the service advisor and looking across the street and see my jeep parked in the same spot from when I dropped it off.  I asked if the Service Manager was in,  they offered to put me on hold so I walked over, and stood outside next to my Jeep.  When the manager told me it was torn down in the shop waiting for parts I told him I was outside next to it and asked him to bring me my keys.

I work in a dealership and won't deal with a service department.  After seeing some of the crap our guys are getting away with since they are so busy, I just can't trust them.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2
2 hours ago, KevinG said:

So I had the dreaded "rocker knock" about a year ago.   The Dodge/Jeep dealership is right across the street from my dealership.  I made an appointment for diagnosis and told them "I know what it is, you know what it is, just fix it and be fair".  After two days of waiting, I called over to see how things were going and they said that it's pulled in, torn down and waiting for parts.  I'm literally on the phone with the service advisor and looking across the street and see my jeep parked in the same spot from when I dropped it off.  I asked if the Service Manager was in,  they offered to put me on hold so I walked over, and stood outside next to my Jeep.  When the manager told me it was torn down in the shop waiting for parts I told him I was outside next to it and asked him to bring me my keys.

I work in a dealership and won't deal with a service department.  After seeing some of the crap our guys are getting away with since they are so busy, I just can't trust them.

Absolute B.S. that shit would piss me off… definitely would have done the same thing. 

17 hours ago, KevinG said:

I completely believe it.  I once had my Jeep at a dealership for two weeks for a thermostat under warranty.  They would lie to me, hang up on me, put me on hold forever and never come back etc..  Eventually I had another stealership go and pick it up from them and they did the work in a day.  Then all I needed to do was burp the cooling system myself when I got it back, as they didnt do it.  

My buddy Luis had a cylinder head go bad on his 2013.  He took it in and they refused to fix it under his lifetime warranty and recall because his Jeep was lifted.  Funny thing is that he had a Mopar Teraflex lift.  They swore that that wasnt a Mopar lift even though many of the parts had Mopar stickers.  He got the dealership he bought it from involved.  They said it was indeed a Mopar lift.  Then they had another Mopar big wig come out and they had photos of his poison spyder diff covers and his 37’s said his Jeep was modified with aftermarket parts and that they were flagging his lifetime warranty and not covering the cylinder head that was listed under the recall.  He ended up paying 2K for the Job and it still was not right and misfired.  Tore into it himself and found a damaged engine harness with bare wires that the dealership had destroyed, a messed up timing chain tensioner, timing slightly off and multiple other things not hooked up right, missing bolts etc..  Struggled to figure out the missfire by himself for months.  He changed rockers and lifters, engine harness etc. himself and still problems..  Parked the Jeep almost a year ago now and bought a new car.  The Jeep now just sits there.  

FYI my clockspring seems to be fine now.  My steering wheel was one turn off (Blaine! LOL) and just pulled the shaft and rotated it back.  🎉

• Sad 2
14 hours ago, MIOffroadCustoms said:

Absolute B.S. that shit would piss me off… definitely would have done the same thing. 

The funniest part is that they were trying to recruit me for a position over there.  Admittedly, I'm not a typical car salesman (good credit, no drug problems, one legitimate child and a degree).  They offered me a pretty lucrative position but I'd rather work somewhere like I do now than somewhere that I feel like I need an acid shower to wash the dishonesty and shame away.

14 hours ago, Crawl2Camp said:

I completely believe it.  I once had my Jeep at a dealership for two weeks for a thermostat under warranty.  They would lie to me, hang up on me, put me on hold forever and never come back etc..  Eventually I had another stealership go and pick it up from them and they did the work in a day.  Then all I needed to do was burp the cooling system myself when I got it back, as they didnt do it correctly.  

My buddy Luis had a cylinder head go bad on his 2013.  He took it in and they refused to fix it under his lifetime warranty and recall because his Jeep was lifted.  Funny thing is that he had a Mopar Teraflex lift.  They swore that that wasnt a Mopar lift even though many of the parts had Mopar stickers.  He got the dealership he bought it from involved.  They said it was indeed a Mopar lift.  Then they had another Mopar big wig come out and they had photos of his poison spyder diff covers and his 37’s said his Jeep was modified with aftermarket parts and that they were flagging his lifetime warranty and not covering the cylinder head that was listed under the recall.  He ended up paying 2K for the Job and it still was not right and misfired.  Tore into it himself and found a damaged engine harness with bare wires that the dealership had destroyed, a messed up timing chain tensioner, timing slightly off and multiple other things not hooked up right, missing bolts etc..  Struggled to figure out the missfire by himself for months.  He changed rockers and lifters, engine harness etc. himself and still problems..  Parked the Jeep almost a year ago now and bought a new car.  The Jeep now just sits and he no longer wheels or drives it.  

FYI my clockspring seems to be fine now.  My steering wheel was one turn off (Blaine! LOL) and just pulled the shaft and rotated it back.  🎉

Ha ha!  Glad the clockspring is good.  I have one sitting in my garage.  For the last few months, no horn or radio controls and lights in the steering wheel buttons.  I actually yelled (HONK) to someone the other day.  My kid thought it was hilarious.

That sucks for your buddy.  I'm at a Subaru dealership.  We see our fair share of modded WRX's, STI's and Crosstreks come in.  One thing our service department does right is that if it's a radio/nav unit going bad, it obviously isn't anything to do with a cat back exhaust or tune or suspension.  They just look the other way and fix it.  Subaru pays the same as a customer would.

• Thumbs Up 3
On 10/17/2022 at 5:06 PM, KevinG said:

What a lying piece of shit.

On 10/17/2022 at 5:06 PM, KevinG said:

LOL what a POS. And that was smart of you.