Motor Mounts

Keep an eye on your motor mounts.  Last year I started noticing where my PSC pump bracket was touching the frame side of the motor mount bracket.  I couldn't figure out why it was doing it.  I even talked with Jeff and found out he had the same issue.  Figured it was normal at that point.

BA05658E-917E-444F-9472-F9F105EC0236.png

Fast forward to yesterday.  Started the Jeep and noticed some odd noises from the front of the engine.  Open the hood... The belt is rubbing in 2-3 spots and about ready to come off the PS pump pulley!

Apparently I hit the PS pump on the frame hard enough that it busted the bolts in the bracket!  The only thing holding the pump on was the belt!

06DCA4A9-0E3B-4A23-A3D3-7A55C602A11F.jpeg

Looking closer I found that the passenger side motor mount is shot.  Top is ripped out and the bottom has pulled away from the casting.  This allowed a ton of movement.

7F939FF5-390E-4299-A819-BF0ECE7DCD61.png

5DB37DE4-63D1-446A-8C0E-B1DC912AD043.png

50F58307-0028-44F1-864C-D2B4A90B4B33.jpeg

05A66F80-DAE0-46D7-9782-72BE9815819D.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1
1 minute ago, Weebz said:

How hard are they to swap?

Drivers side looks bad....  But mine is still good.

Passenger side looks like an easy swap when the PS pump is out of the way.

I will know for sure next Wednesday when the mount shows up.

1 hour ago, MIOffroadCustoms said:

Not the first time I’ve heard of this happening…. Typically if it’s the passenger side and is bad enough it will break the PSC bracket and or bolts clean off. Good catch before it got really bad. 

That is exactly what they did!  Glad I found it when I did.  Not what I want to deal with on the trail.

1 hour ago, Weebz said:

I expect a DIY for this when done.  Details man.  Details.  Lol

You should have seen the goofy shit I had to do to get it out!  I hope I can get it back in!

It involved 3 jacks... Some up and down action to get the last bolt... Then an end to end roll to get the mount out of the frame.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
6 hours ago, BHaner said:

You should have seen the goofy shit I had to do to get it out!  I hope I can get it back in!

It involved 3 jacks... Some up and down action to get the last bolt... Then an end to end roll to get the mount out of the frame.

I hate you

• Haha 3
On 10/18/2022 at 9:03 AM, BHaner said:

Sounds like a fun time.