Does it fit?

Question for the group. 

Vengeance has the butchered Double Throw down front mounts. 

Does anyone know if a 2.5" coilover will fit?

Also, tale of the tape, I have 12" travel front and rear. 

There is room to go to 14" without any changes in the rear, or to go to 16" with a change in the upper mount. 

Or, I could go to 14 Front and 16 rear and a higher ride height, but it may be too tall. 

Thoughts? 

Last year sometime I called Evo and about this and I can't remember for sure but I think he said a 2.5 would fit but if running the double throw down it would hit the bypass.

I know both GR and Motobilt sell the towers that you can cut down to the proper size that will both clear a 2.5 with no problem. I think you're probably better off cutting it off repositioning the shock tower to a better location and slightly raising it if you can.

42 minutes ago, AJK said:

Last year sometime I called Evo and about this and I can't remember for sure but I think he said a 2.5 would fit but if running the double throw down it would hit the bypass.

I know both GR and Motobilt sell the towers that you can cut down to the proper size that will both clear a 2.5 with no problem. I think you're probably better off cutting it off repositioning the shock tower to a better location and slightly raising it if you can.

I have considered that, and if I go that far, it will be a major change, relocating things under the hood to make room for 16" without cutting the hood. 

I may wait on the front, get longer rears and call it good for now. 

16 minutes ago, Redline said:

I have seen a couple JKs running the DTD kit but just using a 2.5 c/o and no bypass. 

With the bastardized upper mount (Thanks EVO) there is only one mount available anyway, since the front and rear ear are cut off, and the single mounts in between the rear front ear and the front rear ear, if that makes sense. 

I'm now leaning towards just leaving the front, and adding a 14" to the rear, call it good, and work on White Jeep. 

1 minute ago, Jdofmemi said:

With the bastardized upper mount (Thanks EVO) there is only one mount available anyway, since the front and rear ear are cut off, and the single mounts in between the rear front ear and the front rear ear, if that makes sense. 

I'm now leaning towards just leaving the front, and adding a 14" to the rear, call it good, and work on White Jeep. 

Forgot about how that mounts in the middle. I can loan you a spring to cycle and see

I think the coil would be closer to the mount than the bypass.  Looks like there is over an inch between the coil and the bypass.

If you can outboard the lower mount on the axle past what I have you would be good to go.

However if you went with a bigger bypass as well... Not so much.

FA3E9173-B04B-41ED-A337-D079014B112A.jpeg

57672300-FE4A-4BAC-8546-BB3763AE1FC2.jpeg

• Ketchup 1
7 minutes ago, AJK said:

That's a 2.5 bypass right? If you replace the bypass with a 2.5 CO is it should clear I would think.

No idea.  I just checked all my paperwork and the only thing it says is 12".

All I know is the coil over springs all say 2.5" on them.   

I do know the bypass shocks on the rear have a much smaller tube.  They seem to match the coilover tube size.

70182504_10157543350086703_989690207370477568_o.thumb.jpg.47a71863b938034bb8cc64936857d49f.jpg

On 11/15/2023 at 9:25 AM, riskitforthebiskit said:

Did yall ever figure out if you could fit those 2.5" COs in the DTD front mount without a bypass? 

Evo told me yes when I asked, but I would still make a call and ask Mel not Evo. I think he said would need to run a smaller bypass as well. It was a while ago and I ask Evo at a show.

1 hour ago, Gruff said:

That Evolever system layout is so badass. Wonder if/how it would work with double triangulated control arms.

Have to run a fuel cell for sure, but it would sure be unique. 

I have wondered about it too but would have to mount the fuel cell inside the cab.  That makes it tough.  Not as easy to fill up the pig with the soft top on.  Plus takes up alot of room back there.  I have to drive my jeep from place to place since I don't have a tow rig. I wish my Raptor could tow.  Now I'm just being picky.  

Maybe I could get Bubba to give me the fuel cell he had in his Pig before he parted it out.  I think he still has it. 

It would def be a step in the right direction. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Gruff said:

That Evolever system layout is so badass. Wonder if/how it would work with double triangulated control arms.

Have to run a fuel cell for sure, but it would sure be unique. 

It would fit... But you would need a fuel cell in the cab because the TJ setup wont fit with the evolever.

To be honest if I decided to go triangulated I would ditch the evolever for some 16's just like Jeff did.

The evolever is cool but it has its own set of issues.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
4 minutes ago, BHaner said:

It would fit... But you would need a fuel cell in the cab because the TJ setup wont fit with the evolever.

To be honest if I decided to go triangulated I would ditch the evolever for some 16's just like Jeff did.

The evolever is cool but it has its own set of issues.

Of course it does but it does flex.  Constantly on the straps. 

I have thought (and have) bought a JK frame and roll the complete Evo long arm and DTD/Evolever frame out and sale it as a whole.  Then build a new frame the way I want it.