Toys

Jdofmemi

Those look like a blast. I have a couple buggies and a stadium truck that go entirely too damn fast. Got in trouble for making a big track with jumps & all kinds of obstacles in the horse pasture while wife was away one weekend. Don’t know why. Lol

• Thumbs Up 1

I have been eyeing this one for a while. Also thinking of buying the build your own kit. Basically it's all the body and suspension in a kit then you pick axles, tires, wheels, motor, remote, esc body.... You get the idea.

Screenshot_20221202-185837.thumb.png.503d93d5f081962a19db0c8c7eb4e0e1.png

I can't wait to see the course you gonna set up in the yard LOL.

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, AJK said:

I have been eyeing this one for a while. Also thinking of buying the build your own kit. Basically it's all the body and suspension in a kit then you pick axles, tires, wheels, motor, remote, esc body.... You get the idea.

That's the bigger version of the one I got. 

It's got more features, but I am going to stay smaller and simple. 

Main reason is to save money for the full sized Jeep. 

1/18th scale. Big enough to be fun, but not so big it's hard to bring along 

27 minutes ago, AJK said:

That's the bigger version of the one I got. 

It's got more features, but I am going to stay smaller and simple. 

Main reason is to save money for the full sized Jeep. 

7 hours ago, AJK said:

Now you gonna make me go down to HobbyTown and look at these again. Austin has really been wanting one. The SCX24 are fun but  are a little to small.

Man I hate/love going into that damn store. I try to go in with the intention of just looking but then the juvenile in me takes over....

14 hours ago, AJK said:

Now you gonna make me go down to HobbyTown and look at these again. Austin has really been wanting one. The SCX24 are fun but  are a little to small.

I was thinking about the SCX24, but decided that it was too small. 

I went into the store thinking about the 1:10 scale one, but decided it was too big to carry in the limited space I have. 

The 1:18 ended up being just right, in my opinion. 

After cruising around the house, using various furniture as obstacles, it crawls really good. 

The balance is there, suspension is really good right out of the box, and the control is precise. 

Speed is good for crawling and you can inch it very easily.  

Price was not bad, about $300, plus I bought an extra battery for $25. 

It charges with a USB plug, so you can charge on the road, which is another plus. 

It doesn't have the features of the 1:10 scale like digs, and selectable lockers, two speed transmission, etc, but that is less to go wrong, and a toy that works like most of our trail rigs. 

The Nitto tires are on point, and seem to grip well and flex like a properly aired down full sized version. 

One more feature is the functional lights, for night rides. They are bright! 

I say a great Christmas present. 

Don't be mad that you guys spend more money now 🤣🤣

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Jdofmemi said:

I was thinking about the SCX24, but decided that it was too small. 

I went into the store thinking about the 1:10 scale one, but decided it was too big to carry in the limited space I have. 

The 1:18 ended up being just right, in my opinion. 

After cruising around the house, using various furniture as obstacles, it crawls really good. 

The balance is there, suspension is really good right out of the box, and the control is precise. 

Speed is good for crawling and you can inch it very easily.  

Price was not bad, about $300, plus I bought an extra battery for $25. 

It charges with a USB plug, so you can charge on the road, which is another plus. 

It doesn't have the features of the 1:10 scale like digs, and selectable lockers, two speed transmission, etc, but that is less to go wrong, and a toy that works like most of our trail rigs. 

The Nitto tires are on point, and seem to grip well and flex like a properly aired down full sized version. 

One more feature is the functional lights, for night rides. They are bright! 

I say a great Christmas present. 

Don't be mad that you guys spend more money now 🤣🤣

I wasn't aware of the 1/18th and thought that was the 1/10. Last time I was at the hobby store and talk to the guy about building the 1/10, he said I would easily be into it to $1500 once all said and done.

I was like nah thats cool, but it's still been rolling around in my head.

I watched some reviews on the one you got and everything they say is nothing but good. So now I need to go put hands on.

The problem with the 1/24 is you immediately put bigger tires on and start having problems with motor and servo so then you upgrade. The next thing you know you paid $125 for the SCX24 but you have $200 into it. This 1/18th has oil filled adjustable shocks and they used an oversized servo and motor so out of the box this thing looks like it's pretty tits.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Weebz said:

I own an E-Revo brushless.  Damn thing pushers near 75 mph.  Stupid fast and fun.    

The Revos are insane. I also have the Speed RC truck.....it's so fast you can't control it and when you crash it breaks shit.

I have a 1:10 and love it . Don’t really bring it around much because the dog hates it . We built it from scratch during COVID and it was a ton of fun . Def almost $1000 into it though so not cheap

let me know when y’all bring yours and I’ll try to remember to take it along . 

BE071A9A-DA4B-4719-AD89-65FE3DE0F9C9.thumb.png.fea63dee87ab36cadfd8ea45b080ca6d.png

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
5 minutes ago, Jetlau3 said:

I have a 1:10 and love it . Don’t really bring it around much because the dog hates it . We built it from scratch during COVID and it was a ton of fun . Def almost $1000 into it though so not cheap

let me know when y’all bring yours and I’ll try to remember to take it along . 

BE071A9A-DA4B-4719-AD89-65FE3DE0F9C9.thumb.png.fea63dee87ab36cadfd8ea45b080ca6d.png

I like how you built yours, and made it closely match your 1:1 Jeep. 

I have too many project already, so I opted for the RTR.