Best PSC SYSTEM installation article

Probably since the day I bought this jeep in 2015 the one thing that has given me the most trouble is the power steering. If I had a good four-wheel-drive shop, that would have given me some good advice, like changing out the stock high pressure power steering line, I would probably never had a problem with my stock system.

enough with the past, I upgraded the Jeep with UD60s and 40” tires. so I knew I had to upgrade my stock system with a hydraulic ram. I went with the PSC hydraulic Ram power steering system.

PSC has the worst installation instructions for being over $3000 upgrade.

I have posted a great installation article definitely read and study that article. I have now upgraded or changed my set up again for the fourth time. Each time learning a little more each time. Most of the changes were tweaks and adjustments.IMG_2683.thumb.jpeg.879aacf8f7fe59002a881762d21c9e82.jpeg
IMG_2683.thumb.jpeg.6101ace76795d2be9f9e3863f6296c45.jpeg
IMG_2683.thumb.jpeg.511cb333cdb60033aa5f3d1dd167dbec.jpeg
first time I welded the bracket to low on the track bar mount on the axle and the bracket and Ram was going to hit the tie rod when I get into heavy flex. so I had to adjust and move that attachment point.

second time was remounting the bracket after reading the article I found (article attached in forum) bracket is to straddle the track bar bolt for the UD60s axle installation.

IMG_2685.thumb.jpeg.606effd02456aa36575d14a5c199fc0a.jpeg

third was buying the double sheer ram clamp from TMR, for the tie rod.IMG_2686.thumb.jpeg.596b3ae88776467a3d11c64a4a3188d2.jpeg

fourth time here is shortening up the overall length of the adjustment on the ram bringing the clamp a little closer and tightening up the clearances so it doesn’t hit that nut on the drag link in heavy flex. all these little adjustment make a big difference in the overall performance.IMG_2684.thumb.jpeg.b108019346d88f6e4f66c1d62aee32bf.jpeg

to say the least I’m disappointed PSC installation instructions. I am happy with their product. Once you figure out all the nuances and make sure that you have the correct system installed on your Jeep set up.

remember this information is for a UD60s, if you had stock Dana 44s and installed your PSC system at that time, that system will probably not work with your UD60s and if you upgraded to a different 60 and you have a PSC system for the Dana 44 more and likely it’s not working at its best either.

I attached a link, showing their new configurations for each different axle configuration. Kind of interesting, I don’t know when they came out with that list of different configurations. I did not know of that list when I was putting this build together, I was lucky enough to get the correct system.

Maybe they do a better training for the shops but I have not really found a four-wheel-drive shop that can be a complete turnkey four-wheel-drive shop. I have found that most shops are specialty shops that can do specialty items.

IMG_2687.jpeg

IMG_2689.jpeg
these two pictures show my steering stop adjustments

IMG_2690.jpeg

IMG_2691.jpeg

IMG_2693.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, I have more to add to the PSC installation process, I have two PSC hydraulic assist diagrams.

First one is for the big bore steering box set up with the PSC cooler, pretty straightforward, no added notes.IMG_1192.thumb.jpeg.51611d872a66ba2a2a734defb5eef9dc.jpeg

Second diagram for existing steering gear box that has been ported for hydraulic assist ports. Focus on the instructions on the right of the diagram on the page. RED LINES (hoses)

IMG_7012.thumb.png.d002bafe73c8b046ab11fd098babb573.png

“The port closest to the firewall connects to the drivers side of the cylinder in most applications.
Ford and some other Will use the opposite config cylinder.”

Both of these diagrams are correct!! It is based on the PSC kit or the steering gear box that’s on your Jeep.

On 5/12/2024 at 7:28 AM, Nice Little Jeep said:

Well, I have more to add to the PSC installation process, I have two PSC hydraulic assist diagrams.

First one is for the big bore steering box set up with the PSC cooler, pretty straightforward, no added notes.IMG_1192.thumb.jpeg.51611d872a66ba2a2a734defb5eef9dc.jpeg

Second diagram for existing steering gear box that has been ported for hydraulic assist ports. Focus on the instructions on the right of the diagram on the page. RED LINES (hoses)

IMG_7012.thumb.png.d002bafe73c8b046ab11fd098babb573.png

“The port closest to the firewall connects to the drivers side of the cylinder in most applications.
Ford and some other Will use the opposite config cylinder.”

Both of these diagrams are correct!! It is based on the PSC kit or the steering gear box that’s on your Jeep.

And, of course, Vengeance is one of those "some others"!

Damnit!🤬

And we had the hoses done so nice.

On 7/25/2024 at 12:47 PM, Nice Little Jeep said:

Jeep stopped manufacturing the JK in 2018. It took PSC six years after production of the JK to create the big bore insulation video. Good job PSC for releasing this video April 2024. 😂🤣😂🤣

Well, better late than never!