Hepta Mfg

AJK

I’ve been digging into suspension recently and talked to Brian about what he offered earlier on in my search.  At the time I was looking more at retaining the stock gas tank, so the focus was more on Rock Krawler 3 links and the EVO high clearance long arm.  I was looking into Brians version of the “high clearance” long arm.  After talking to him he admitted that that kit wasn't that great, but was what a lot of people were looking for.  He also sells a 3 link rear that he doesn’t advertise online which quite a few people have been using.  He sells a really nice set of frame side brackets also, that I’ve seen used by more and more people also..  He also makes a triangulated 4 link bracket kit which I’ve taken a lot of good looks at.  The guy has a pretty good attention to detail and can lay dimes for days.. He’s an artist. 

2A581C29-66AF-4380-BABB-B1E52BD51FC4.jpeg

11F05406-3143-40B6-8F03-E8A8751AB754.jpeg

FB1695BC-D8C5-4FDA-A6AE-6D7FC5D73658.jpeg

BC65A231-7132-45D8-B780-D4B37523BD1A.jpeg

40BFEDB0-7E5A-4578-AC80-C46262075C7E.jpeg

F13B55C1-A7A2-4085-B2B9-B1C69EF113D1.jpeg

FB1B6659-6CFC-409D-A9C4-469624D79142.jpeg

5FC0D323-C89A-41DB-8461-2E1E5E8601E9.jpeg

• Like 1

While I really like what is going on here, the question I have is this:

In this picture, you see the front cross member is attached to the frame with the factory brackets. 

You are adding suspension loading to frame brackets that are barely adequate to hold the drivetrain up. 

On both of my Jeeps these brackets had tore the welds from the frame. When I took Vengeance apart, there was about 1/3 of the weld still holding, and it wasn't easily seen until I started pulling things apart. 

There may be additional connections, but it doesn't look like it in the photos, and is something I would definitely ask about before committing to this direction. 

11F05406-3143-40B6-8F03-E8A8751AB754.thumb.jpeg.f84e4b4392b5855bc0633d067c1fc78f.jpeg

23 minutes ago, Jdofmemi said:

In this picture, you see the front cross member is attached to the frame with the factory brackets. 

You are adding suspension loading to frame brackets that are barely adequate to hold the drivetrain up. 

On both of my Jeeps these brackets had tore the welds from the frame. When I took Vengeance apart, there was about 1/3 of the weld still holding, and it wasn't easily seen until I started pulling things apart. 

There may be additional connections, but it doesn't look like it in the photos, and is something I would definitely ask about before committing to this direction. 

11F05406-3143-40B6-8F03-E8A8751AB754.thumb.jpeg.f84e4b4392b5855bc0633d067c1fc78f.jpeg

I have the same concern.  The stock cross member bracket is pretty thin material, and definitely was not designed for the stress of control arm attachments. There are add on reinforcement brackets (https://www.outtahandfab.com/product-page/jk-jku-crossmember-reinforcement-plates), but I’d prefer to see a kit that comes with its own solution. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Jdofmemi said:

I had the exact same concern with the front of this kit, and I also do not like the shorter 3rd link length that he uses.  Those are the two reasons I went with the RPM kit (front), as it has additional support on both sides which I plan to weld to the frame.  (I’ll start another thread on RPM to keep them separate). I swill say that the crossmember itself is very beefy and extremely well put together.  

I like Hepta’s rear triangulated 4 link brackets that he sells, as it has additional gusseting etc.. 

5E1CF141-F6E5-46D2-BD94-60E396A6683D.jpeg

E4C915EE-1E62-40DF-B8CB-80499F4FCE32.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1
6 hours ago, fiend said:

I have the same concern.  The stock cross member bracket is pretty thin material, and definitely was not designed for the stress of control arm attachments. There are add on reinforcement brackets (https://www.outtahandfab.com/product-page/jk-jku-crossmember-reinforcement-plates), but I’d prefer to see a kit that comes with its own solution. 

That is a good find, though a complete solution would be preferred to a band aid. 

53 minutes ago, ManinBlack said:

So with the frame chop. Did you have to ditch the rubicon sway bar. I bought the genright one and seems like the sway bar will be hanging way out there. 

I have the Genright one. Yeah the swaybar hangs down slightly. It is in a spot to get hit but I havent hit it yet ....I think.

3 hours ago, ManinBlack said:

So with the frame chop. Did you have to ditch the rubicon sway bar. I bought the genright one and seems like the sway bar will be hanging way out there. 

You don't really have to, but the Genright coilover setup ditches the front swaybar - you only run one in the rear. It made this bumper an easy choice. 

It's a pretty significant increase in clearance. Old pic here but you can see the difference

Gruff.JPG

I had a really good conversation with Brian the other day. I got to say I like how he does not talk shit on any company just Dives in the Deep of what he believes his setup works better.

I really like the focus on the anti-dive and the anti-squat with the system and that it can be adjustable. 

For the first time a company or Builder has all the proper brackets for my ud60s so I won't have to modify them. I mean I have to cut everything off but I won't have to modify the track bar bracket, control arm brackets, and all the steering shit because most of that stuff's made for a 3 in axle.

He also said the new Moto built Factory frame 22 gallon tank fits perfectly with his setup and won't have any issues with the axles.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
1 hour ago, AJK said:

I had a really good conversation with Brian the other day. I got to say I like how he does not talk shit on any company just Dives in the Deep of what he believes his setup works better.

I really like the focus on the anti-dive and the anti-squat with the system and that it can be adjustable. 

For the first time a company or Builder has all the proper brackets for my ud60s so I won't have to modify them. I mean I have to cut everything off but I won't have to modify the track bar bracket, control arm brackets, and all the steering shit because most of that stuff's made for a 3 in axle.

He also said the new Moto built Factory frame 22 gallon tank fits perfectly with his setup and won't have any issues with the axles.

You redoing your suspension?

14 minutes ago, Weebz said:

Have you officially pulled the trigger?

No, Just putting out the information I got for others. I need to source longer rear shocks first. I forget to ask if I can run 14inch in the front without major mods. I want to go to 2.5s so now would be the time to do it. 

1 hour ago, Jetlau3 said:

Lot of long arm bolt on coil over kits going to be on the market soon lol 

Yeppers. Evo has been a great kit and for a bolt on I would say it's the best out there IMO. I just want to step up to the next level and outboard the rear and upgrade to 2.5s.