RPM Steering and Suspension

After the fuckery of my front end the three link is starting to look like the best option to minimize the ridiculous amount of bind that I found in my system today. 

As I was cycling my suspension I got tired of fighting everything and took off one of my upper control arms. Holy shit did all the bind immediately vanish.

I'm contemplating removing one of the arms and running a three-link system with the Evo kit temporarily. 

So about 3links, does it matter which upper Mount you keep? Is removing one side over the other better?

The bind is crazy.  I learned it when doing my build.  Same thing.  One link gone and suddenly the front end opened up.  

the link you remove does matter on a JK.  Personally, removing the driver made the most sense because of interference with steering.  I was able to crest the best range while not fighting steering boxes and such. I don’t know if it matter if you aren’t redoing the brackets though.  

8 hours ago, Weebz said:

Those Evo brackets for the long arm with the joint in the horizontal is what caused all my bind. 

Its odd, as soon as I remove the pass upper arm the axle drops out to the floor pretty much, and the disconnect arm will sit on the axle lower then the mount. So the arm has plenty of freedom to drop out. But as soon as I connent it, the axle stops before my full shock travel. Without arm axle drops out further then shocks do. 

5 minutes ago, Jdofmemi said:

I picked up one of these for the drivers side 3 link on Vengeance. 

It presses right into the housing. 

Clearance issues aside, I feel that the mount cast into the diff is stronger than the passenger side mount 

https://www.rockjock4x4.com/RJ-301001-101

On edit, this looks like the same part included in the RPM kit pictured above 

I did those on both sides of the front of my UDPOS. So you think to keep it connect to the housing side?

Spoke to Don at RPM again and asked a few more questions, including those mentioned above.  
So there were some photos of a driver side drop on some of the photos, that is for the JL/JT kit as they have the FAD and it just isn't cool to run a 3rd link off of that. He did say that they also have passenger side drops for the JL.  (Fixed)
The 3rd link on the JK is on the passengers side for clearance.

Alan if you have any question Don said you or anyone on here could reach out to him anytime. (480) 476-2073
Maybe after you talk to him you can let him in here to answer any questions, thats completely up to you. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3
22 hours ago, Jdofmemi said:

I picked up one of these for the drivers side 3 link on Vengeance. 

It presses right into the housing. 

Clearance issues aside, I feel that the mount cast into the diff is stronger than the passenger side mount 

https://www.rockjock4x4.com/RJ-301001-101

On edit, this looks like the same part included in the RPM kit pictured above 

Yeah you just run into too many clearance issues on the drivers side, is what I’ve been told.  I deleted the photo of the JL kit with driver drop, as we are all JK’s and I don't want people to get confused between the two kits. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
57 minutes ago, Crawl2Camp said:

Spoke to Don at RPM again and asked a few more questions, including those mentioned above.  
So there were some photos of a driver side drop on some of the photos, that is for the JL/JT kit as they have the FAD and it just isn't cool to run a 3rd link off of that. He did say that they also have driver drops for the JL.  
The 3rd link on the JK is on the passengers side for clearance.

Alan if you have any question Don said you or anyone on here could reach out to him anytime. (480) 476-2073
Maybe after you talk to him you can let him in here to answer any questions, thats completely up to you. 

Thanks. Right now I am at a stand still. I am not happy with the Jeep, dont know what direction I want to go. As of what I see now 3 link front is the only option, but man cutting off the front Evo arm brackets is gonna be a pita to keep them in good enought shape to resell. I dont think cutting off the rear is even a option for resell. I think that just gets cut and grinded flat and keep the flat plate on the jeep frame.

RPM catches my eye all the time and I have heard nothing but good about them.

I am just so tired of fixing this fucking POS UD60. If after this fuckery of fixing the front UD dosent stop my coil binding on the Evo bracket, then the front Evo kit is comming off for sure. 

I need to step back and keep a more open mind going into the next phase and not get boxed into one product. I love Evo, been a great product, and I highley recommend them, but just knowing what I know now I would have gone a different direction.

• Like 1

Yeah,,, this got me thinking alot about going this direction.

@Crawl2Camp I swear you talked about the difference of the flat belly vs the tucked belly somewhere I can't find it. It had something to do with the bracket mounts if I remeber correcty. Can you elaborate more on that here please?

On 2/21/2023 at 5:17 PM, KevinG said:

The way they box it in is pretty genius.  Thanks for starting the thread.  

Yeah I really likes how they did that also, definitely helps add support in multiple areas.  I plan to weld the front crossmember support and third link bracket to the frame rails as well.  

• Like 1
4 hours ago, AJK said:

Ok, so if you go 4-link rear dont you have to outboard the shocks and move gas tank? Does RPM sell all that as well?

Yes exactly.

my plan is to go with a Motobilt tank when I eventually get the rear triangulated 4 link part of the kit. It works with their frame chop rear bumper which I run on my Jeep. (As well as others of course)
RPM does sell solutions for coilovers (Towers etc) and also has a connection with ADS.
You really should reach out to Don and pick his brain when you have a chance.  You’ve already talked to Tony, why not talk to Don and then talk to Brian at Hepta also if you’re interested?  Both of them are very willing to talk and answer your questions. 👍

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
On 2/23/2023 at 11:30 PM, Crawl2Camp said:

Yes exactly.

my plan is to go with a Motobilt tank when I eventually get the rear triangulated 4 link part of the kit. It works with their frame chop rear bumper which I run on my Jeep. (As well as others of course)
RPM does sell solutions for coilovers (Towers etc) and also has a connection with ADS.
You really should reach out to Don and pick his brain when you have a chance.  You’ve already talked to Tony, why not talk to Don and then talk to Brian at Hepta also if you’re interested?  Both of them are very willing to talk and answer your questions. 👍

Good plan you got, what thickness arms you going with?

Yeah I'll hit up Don when the time comes. I dont like to bug people unless I plan to buy or in the process of buying. This wont happen till after June at least.

Also, I really like what Brian has for the front and rear mount to go with RPM rear.