RPM Steering and Suspension

On 2/20/2023 at 4:37 PM, AJK said:

Thanks. Right now I am at a stand still. I am not happy with the Jeep, dont know what direction I want to go. As of what I see now 3 link front is the only option, but man cutting off the front Evo arm brackets is gonna be a pita to keep them in good enought shape to resell. I dont think cutting off the rear is even a option for resell. I think that just gets cut and grinded flat and keep the flat plate on the jeep frame.

RPM catches my eye all the time and I have heard nothing but good about them.

I am just so tired of fixing this fucking POS UD60. If after this fuckery of fixing the front UD dosent stop my coil binding on the Evo bracket, then the front Evo kit is comming off for sure. 

I need to step back and keep a more open mind going into the next phase and not get boxed into one product. I love Evo, been a great product, and I highley recommend them, but just knowing what I know now I would have gone a different direction.

I know you probably don’t wanna hear this, but I have no binding issues. I did this rock pile with the jeep last weekend, and the jeep just rolled right up these rocks with no issues. The guys that were there compared my Jeep and how it rolled over the rocks to Ed’s new GenRight build, no issues. I had to turn off the elockers to turn on top of the rock pile to get myself position to go down the other side, and those elockers worked perfectly disconnected and connected.

I built and setup this Jeep exactly to EVO’s instructions. I didn’t push the axle more forward in the front and I didn’t change dif angle in the rear more then what Evo instructions indicated. I than took the Jeep to my alignment guy to set the pinion angle in the front.

my set up is a modified stock set up. It is nothing more than that, instead of having coil springs and shocks, I have coilovers. I’m not expecting more out of the system then it’s capable of giving me. if you want more than a modified stock system, you need to go to GENRight and build a GenRight system, they figured it all out. trust me I want a GenRight system but it’s not in my price tag right now.

• Thumbs Up 1
24 minutes ago, riskitforthebiskit said:

I wish the RPM suspension kit wasn't so damn expensive.  I like the fact that they took into account Anti-squat.  Cause I feel like right now my nose of my jeep goes up 5' when I smash the skinny.  

Anyone run this? 

Compare Rpm, Genright, Motobilt, and Hepta rear 4 link? 

The Genright kit is expensive as shit, but they have the entire system figured out for you. Gas tank, geometry, bracket locations, all of it. RPM & Hepta have the suspension arms & mounts figured out but you're on your own for a lot of the remainder. Motobilt has a pretty complete kit comparable to Genright, but it's much cheaper.

Mine ended up being kinda Frankensteined with mostly Genright and a smattering of Motobilt parts. It probably ended up costing me at least as much if not more because we had to figure a ton of shit out. I can say that they both are of the same quality. Great welds & same thickness. Makes Evo stuff look like it's light duty. 

Weebz used all Motobilt on his & it came out killer. 

However you do it, I can say the results are pretty drastic. Stable as hell and tracks straight and true. Removes a lot of drama in the nasty stuff. 

• Thumbs Up 3
1 minute ago, Gruff said:

The Genright kit is expensive as shit, but they have the entire system figured out for you. Gas tank, geometry, bracket locations, all of it. RPM & Hepta have the suspension arms & mounts figured out but you're on your own for a lot of the remainder. Motobilt has a pretty complete kit comparable to Genright, but it's much cheaper.

Mine ended up being kinda Frankensteined with mostly Genright and a smattering of Motobilt parts. It probably ended up costing me at least as much if not more because we had to figure a ton of shit out. I can say that they both are of the same quality. Great welds & same thickness. Makes Evo stuff look like it's light duty. 

Weebz used all Motobilt on his & it came out killer. 

However you do it, I can say the results are pretty drastic. Stable as hell and tracks straight and true. Removes a lot of drama in the nasty stuff. 

Awesome!!  I actually have the Motobilt backhalf kit and Fuel tank.  Bubba and I were contemplating big things but don't think I wanna go that far.  I think I just want simple, stable, and works.  Like triangulated rear, 2.5" COs and a bigger fuel cell.  My LS likes to sip the petro.  So may just stick with Motobilt but wasn't sure on the Anti-squat numbers they have.  I know RPM and Hepta considered it when building there kits.  I have heard that Genrights is not the best but I know it can't be worse that the Evo stuff. 

I don’t run an ls in the jku but I don’t have problems with anti squat on the Motobilt.  Really it’s going to simply come down to how you can set your links and how much separation you can create.   Ultimately you are going to be limited by tub on creating separation because the link mounts on the truss will bury into the tub.   I have mine as tight as I possibly could and all seems very happy with it.  I do run ORI all the way around which probably helps some too where a CO wants to unload the ORI fights itself.  

6 minutes ago, Weebz said:

I don’t run an ls in the jku but I don’t have problems with anti squat on the Motobilt.  Really it’s going to simply come down to how you can set your links and how much separation you can create.   Ultimately you are going to be limited by tub on creating separation because the link mounts on the truss will bury into the tub.   I have mine as tight as I possibly could and all seems very happy with it.  I do run ORI all the way around which probably helps some too where a CO wants to unload the ORI fights itself.  

Gotcha.  Is that why the RPM kit gives some clearance on the belly? 

My plans are to stay with some coilovers like 2.5s all around.

I could be wrong, but I believe the RPM kit is fashioned after what they did to the Rde2Rok JK a while back. That system on that Jeep is so clean and simple looking. 

Their high steer setup they did on that Jeep is badass too. I tried reaching out to Don when I was starting to plan my shit out but he stopped responding. I gave up trying to get info. Maybe he was too busy, IDK, but I'm not at all disappointed with what we did. The double triangulated rear is a game changer, regardless of which one of those systems you mentioned above is used.

• Thumbs Up 2
3 hours ago, Gruff said:

I could be wrong, but I believe the RPM kit is fashioned after what they did to the Rde2Rok JK a while back. That system on that Jeep is so clean and simple looking. 

Their high steer setup they did on that Jeep is badass too. I tried reaching out to Don when I was starting to plan my shit out but he stopped responding. I gave up trying to get info. Maybe he was too busy, IDK, but I'm not at all disappointed with what we did. The double triangulated rear is a game changer, regardless of which one of those systems you mentioned above is used.

Well we all know his rig WORKS!  

Got any pics of your rear setup? Im sure they are in here somewhere but havent seen them. Thanks for your help! 

On 11/15/2023 at 8:28 AM, riskitforthebiskit said:

I wish the RPM suspension kit wasn't so damn expensive.  I like the fact that they took into account Anti-squat.  Cause I feel like right now my nose of my jeep goes up 5' when I smash the skinny.  

Anyone run this? 

Compare Rpm, Genright, Motobilt, and Hepta rear 4 link? 

Out of all the research I did RPM has the best overall setup second to Genright. It's small details like front upper control bracket mounting locations running slightly longer control arms over the others. 

RPM is also the only other company that sells the full kit everybody else you got a piece your shit together with other companies products.

I would prefer Genright rear crossmember over RPMs simple towers though.

If my wife told me it was okay to pull the trigger on any kit today I would definitely pull the trigger on the RPM kit.

6 minutes ago, AJK said:

Out of all the research I did RPM has the best overall setup second to Genright. It's small details like front upper control bracket mounting locations running slightly longer control arms over the others. 

RPM is also the only other company that sells the full kit everybody else you got a piece your shit together with other companies products.

I would prefer Genright rear crossmember over RPMs simple towers though.

For sure.  Genright has been doing that kit for years and has been proven to work.  

RPM kit is pretty new but has some great reviews so far.  

I keep picking them apart till I find the one and the pieces that work for me.  Prob will have more questions along the way.  No time frame yet on when it will happen but someday it will.  

Thanks for your input! 

2 hours ago, riskitforthebiskit said:

For sure.  Genright has been doing that kit for years and has been proven to work.  

RPM kit is pretty new but has some great reviews so far.  

I keep picking them apart till I find the one and the pieces that work for me.  Prob will have more questions along the way.  No time frame yet on when it will happen but someday it will.  

Thanks for your input! 

Just saw this!Screenshot_20231116_205646_Instagram.thumb.jpg.647e70666c3140cfa4832b44355520b9.jpg

• Like 1

Just to throw more shit in the mix, Hepta has a kit out as well. From what I've seen of their stuff, it's right up there with the rest of these guys. I have their front bumper and while a bumper isn't the same as a suspension layout, the build quality is comparable. 

1 hour ago, Gruff said:

Just to throw more shit in the mix, Hepta has a kit out as well. From what I've seen of their stuff, it's right up there with the rest of these guys. I have their front bumper and while a bumper isn't the same as a suspension layout, the build quality is comparable. 

For sure!  Been looking at his stuff too.  I like it too.  I know he he uses his rig too.  Watched some of his videos.  I think he uses 12" fronts and 14" rears don't he? 

1 hour ago, riskitforthebiskit said:

For sure!  Been looking at his stuff too.  I like it too.  I know he he uses his rig too.  Watched some of his videos.  I think he uses 12" fronts and 14" rears don't he? 

I believe he does. looks solid. wouldn't be afraid at all to try his stuff

• Thumbs Up 1
3 hours ago, riskitforthebiskit said:

Yes on shocks and yes he makes amazing stuff for sure. What I don’t like is the front upper is a lot shorter than the lower which creates bind faster from what I was told. If the two arms are closer to the same length it allows less binding. Take a good look at where Hepta front arm pocket is vs RPM.  At the end of the day if you buy the Hepta kit (and since he does not offer arms with his kit) you will need RPM, MB, or other arms which puts you to the same price bracket of the RPM full kit.

Now where Hepta shines IMO is his rear shock tower. That thing is beautiful, and he recommended to me to do the MB gas tank over GR for better fitment on his kit.

I am not trying to push one over the other. I think they both make amazing products and all great options. In the real world you probably couldn’t tell the difference. Just giving you some of the small details I learned over the past few months researching MB, RPM, GR, and Hepta.

Here is a picture showing the lengths of the upper arm that are almost the same length. This is also something Genright does as well on their front.

Screenshot2023-11-17092318.thumb.png.4870d88a7b47e84093ceab8c91b3d20a.png

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
52 minutes ago, AJK said:

Yes on shocks and yes he makes amazing stuff for sure. What I don’t like is the front upper is a lot shorter than the lower which creates bind faster from what I was told. If the two arms are closer to the same length it allows less binding. Take a good look at where Hepta front arm pocket is vs RPM.  At the end of the day if you buy the Hepta kit (and since he does not offer arms with his kit) you will need RPM, MB, or other arms which puts you to the same price bracket of the RPM full kit.

Now where Hepta shines IMO is his rear shock tower. That thing is beautiful, and he recommended to me to do the MB gas tank over GR for better fitment on his kit.

I am not trying to push one over the other. I think they both make amazing products and all great options. In the real world you probably couldn’t tell the difference. Just giving you some of the small details I learned over the past few months researching MB, RPM, GR, and Hepta.

Here is a picture showing the lengths of the upper arm that are almost the same length. This is also something Genright does as well on their front.

Screenshot2023-11-17092318.thumb.png.4870d88a7b47e84093ceab8c91b3d20a.png

I see what your saying.  Qnd if your going to spend that kinda of money you want it to be the best you can get it. I appreciate you pointing that out. 

I mean if Im going to have to buy arms from somewhere anyway.  

The more I watch the Hepta kit work the more I like it anyways. Ha

Yes Hepta rear shock mount is sweet.  

I have the Motobilt backhalf kit and fuel cell already as I was planning on doing some trailing arms but not anymore.  I don't think the Genright or Hepta rear shock mounts will work with the Motobilt backhalf kit.  So may have to scrap all that and just get the stock frame cell eventually.  

• Thumbs Up 1

The thing I most enjoy out with us is everyone here has experience with each company. Jeffs MB back half is awesome, ECJ GR fusion setup is awesome, WCJ GR setup is going to be great, Byron’s DTD is tits. I love how everyone has gone a slightly different direction and all have built great rigs. It's some much fun being on the trail with everyone and seeing how each rig works a little different.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3
25 minutes ago, AJK said:

The thing I most enjoy out with us is everyone here has experience with each company. Jeffs MB back half is awesome, ECJ GR fusion setup is awesome, WCJ GR setup is going to be great, Byron’s DTD is tits. I love how everyone has gone a slightly different direction and all have built great rigs. It's some much fun being on the trail with everyone and seeing how each rig works a little different.

I agree!  Well said

• Like 1