King Rebuild Kit

Does anyone know if there is a kit available with everything needed to rebuild my King coilovers and bypasses?

From what I can find I will need some soft jaws for my vice... Shock oil... New seals... Replacement shims for any that are broken...

Where is the best place to get all that?

After 4 years I think it is at least time to change the oil in mine.

On 2/27/2023 at 10:13 AM, BHaner said:

Does anyone know if there is a kit available with everything needed to rebuild my King coilovers and bypasses?

From what I can find I will need some soft jaws for my vice... Shock oil... New seals... Replacement shims for any that are broken...

Where is the best place to get all that?

After 4 years I think it is at least time to change the oil in mine.

Shockseals.com is the best price you are going to get for the seals. 

blue on the thing Alan put which you can order from Kartek.

aluminum angle cut to the size of your vise jaws is all you need for soft jaws.

If you still have the Evo valving, I highly doubt you cracked any shims because they are heavy.

make sure you get all the air out humanly possible (not how yours were new) and you should be a lot better.  (Don’t follow the king or fox YouTube videos)

Honestly, every “new” shock I have taken apart in the past decade atleast has air on the wrong side. Every bit of air on the oil side shortens the life of the oil and makes the shock work less efficient.

another tool you will need is a t bar a little longer than your reservoirs with a 1/4” coarse thread bolt welded to the end of it.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Well... Time to get on this.  One of my coilovers decided to relieve itself all over my triple bypass...

It looks to be leaking from the 90° fitting where the remote res attaches.  I figure there must be an o-ring in there that is cracked or something.  I tightened the lock nut and it got more angry...

Do you have tips on how to get the air out?

Is there a way to know how much oil to put in?  I have lost some in both coilovers so looking at the current level isn't going to work.