Got to love the Pentastar

Well I went to get in the Jeep earlier this week and the battery was dead.  I scratched my head, put it back on the tender and today went to drive it.  Got in and the Jeep has bad miss and check engine light as soon as it fires up.  I guess I’ll add new injectors to my list that includes new spark plugs and a new water pump.  LOL / SMH 

Yep.  This is the second time this has happened to me, so I knew exactly what it was.  Last time was a few years ago in Big Bear.  Fire the Jeep up after a stop and the injector decides it’s no longer going to fire.  Ordered a set of Bosch’s tonight; got to get this beesh back up and running and on the trail.

2 hours ago, AJK said:

That sucks man.

It happens and I’ve come to accept it, but still frustrating.  Im just going to keep a spare going forward and I have Jscan which has saved my ass more than once now.  At least everything I’ve changed so far or plan to change can go to a new motor. (In the event). 
The minute I actually need to get “into” this motor it’s getting pulled and replaced. 

2 hours ago, Crawl2Camp said:

It happens and I’ve come to accept it, but still frustrating.  Im just going to keep a spare going forward and I have Jscan which has saved my ass more than once now.  At least everything I’ve changed so far or plan to change can go to a new motor. (In the event). 
The minute I actually need to get “into” this motor it’s getting pulled and replaced. 

I like your plan.

21 hours ago, Crawl2Camp said:

I'm pretty much at that point with mine.  After the oil leak debacle, it's now manageable and I may run it for Colorado.  The next couple of weeks I'm going to at least see if I can find where the leak is.  At this point I'm thinking about saving up for a swap.

47 minutes ago, Jdofmemi said:

There, I fixed it for you 👍👍

The only other thing I heard was blah blah blah. 

Yeah yeah yeah.  At least at this point I'm not making the 1200 mile trip in the Jeep.  Bought a truck this weekend.

• Like 1
On 3/5/2023 at 12:06 PM, Crawl2Camp said:

How many miles do you have on that engine now?