Insurance for our heavily modified Jeeps

On 5/1/2023 at 8:58 AM, AJK said:

Any updates on this topic Dennis?

My sister has been real busy, I think I’m going to go with a separate insurance company just for the jeep just because it’s a difficult vehicle to insure and my other cars are just basic insurance.

It all comes down to the accessory’s and how the insurance companies look at the value of the accessories. For example, my axles cost $5000 more today than when I purchased them. So really what is the depreciation value of those axles? If the costs are going up instead of down. I’ve had this conversations.

I remember my truck valued at $12,000 in 2016-17 but in 2021 the truck valued at $17,500 with more miles. These are the problems I’m having talking to insurance agents and getting an understanding of what value I should put on the jeep one point I will just insure it for what it is and have to deal with it later.

update, Geico insurance is pulling all there offices out of California. The only way to deal with Geico is online, phone or app. Wow!! farmers is increasing their rates along with all the other insurance companies, so be ready for your insurance to increase in California this year. Man it’s just making it harder and harder to live in California.