Rock Hard 4x4 roll cage sport

3 hours ago, Nice Little Jeep said:

Not happy with this gap. I have some ideas but I can do that on the finish work.

IMG_2580.jpeg

I’m happier with the passenger side. I know what I did different, I drilled the holes a little closer to the edge on the passenger side. It’s a game of 1/16th of an inch.

IMG_2585.jpeg

The key to not bending the A pillars inward, make sure all the mounting bolts are loose, when you’re tightening up the crossbars. Before tightening up the crossbar clamps, loosen up all the bolts on both sides of the windshield, then start tightening the clamps on the crossbars that will help everything adjust accordingly. I added a washer as a shim in between the bracket and the A pillar. The single bolt on the side of the A pillars.

7 minutes ago, Nice Little Jeep said:

The key to not bending the A pillars inward, make sure all the mounting bolts are loose, when you’re tightening up the crossbars. Before tightening up the crossbar clamps, loosen up all the bolts on both sides of the windshield, then start tightening the clamps on the crossbars that will help everything adjust accordingly. I added a washer as a shim in between the bracket and the A pillar. The single bolt on the side of the A pillars.

12 hours ago, Nice Little Jeep said:

I’m happier with the passenger side. I know what I did different, I drilled the holes a little closer to the edge on the passenger side. It’s a game of 1/16th of an inch.

IMG_2585.jpeg

So what do you do if you need access inside the dash side panel?  Do you need to take the whole thing apart?  I've pulled those side panels off a few times to run wiring.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, I don’t run wire through there, I know some guys run wire through that hole in the fire wall. I run all my wire through the main access hole underneath the brake master cylinder.  so yeah, if you have to run wire there, you will need to tear apart the whole roll cage. That would really suck to upgrade or add accessories in the cab if that’s the case. 

4 hours ago, Nice Little Jeep said:

Well, you don’t run wire through there, I know some guys run wire through that hole in the fire wall. I run all my wire through the main access hole underneath the brake master cylinder.  so yeah, if you have to run wire there, you will need to tear apart the whole roll cage. That would really suck to upgrade or add accessories in the cab if that’s the case. 

5 hours ago, Dave said:

So what do you do if you need access inside the dash side panel?  Do you need to take the whole thing apart?  I've pulled those side panels off a few times to run wiring.

There are rubber gromets on both sides of the firewall. On the pass side it's behind the glove box to access. I have all my wires going through there with no issues. Take off your passenger’s inner fender and look slightly up at the fire wall and you will see it. Then reach up behind the glove box and you can feel it.

• Thumbs Up 1
1 hour ago, AJK said:

There are rubber gromets on both sides of the firewall. On the pass side it's behind the glove box to access. I have all my wires going through there with no issues. Take off your passenger’s inner fender and look slightly up at the fire wall and you will see it. Then reach up behind the glove box and you can feel it.

All my wires going through the firewall on the drivers side near the brake master cylinder. I attached a picture.

IMG_2592.jpeg

7 hours ago, Dave said:

You’re talking about this hole on both sides of the Jeep, correct? I attached a picture 

IMG_2593.jpeg

Ya I know about those grommets.  I used it on the driver's side for some switches and CB antenna.  On passenger I pulled wiring for my underseat ARB through a small gap near the hood hinge.  Comes out behind the dash and runs down the plastic trim in front of the door opening.  Need to remove that side panel to fish the wires through.

• Thumbs Up 1
On 5/1/2023 at 9:03 PM, Nice Little Jeep said:

Thats a good point there and make sense. I dont think they state that in the instructions.