Just a $325 bomber build

Been making progress rear end is coming along, links are tacked in should have the rear finalized this weekend.  Then mount the front next.  I do a few hours every night and making tons of progress.  It’s not going to be as light as I wanted but that’s life.

i can’t wait to see wheels and tires on this ole pig.

.IMG_0778.thumb.jpeg.c5a916e37293b72d6fb26b766dbda0d4.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I actually enjoyed the part of building and laying out the links and and struts when I did the JK.   The engine, trans and driveline layout still gets me.   Too many things to consider.  

keep it up man.  Looking forward to some progress pics.  

Spent another few hrs tinkering.  Engine trans and tcase wasn’t to bad I shouldn’t have used a deep pan but after spending what I did on the trans I wanted as much fluid capacity as I can get.  I’m using the rear area as much as I can as I’m trying to make it possible for a passenger seat.  Rear axle is 90%. Just have to finish weld the link mounts.  Doing trailing and leading arms has made things super easy as you don’t have to fight shock mounts to bad.

biggest things is finding spots for all of my junk

=accusump

=efi

=wiring setup 

=fire suppression

=rear steer pump setup, 

etc…….

i have to bring back my past and remember how to make aluminum sheet look good for roof, floor and simple fire wall.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Link mounts are hard tacked in and set will make uppers tonight and tig them together.

i have to weld in the upper strut mounts tomorrow (already have them burned out)

front suspension should be done this week then it’s final weld everything 

next is driver seat and driveshafts

IMG_0812.thumb.jpeg.53c03dbd4be5df2d912e89a71d68efd5.jpegIMG_0810.thumb.jpeg.3589e92e81d86e5ce1cc30ba9fb11698.jpeg

IMG_0809.jpeg

IMG_0811.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 3

Got the knuckles on tonight did my normal couple of hours each night.  Need some mock up nuts for the unit bearings because I want to save the locking ones for the last tighten up.  Doesn’t matter the project keep clipping at it.  I’m ready to be done and get back to work on my jk.IMG_0857.thumb.jpeg.7d57a39d51619c9df74939da2fbc3934.jpeg

IMG_0858.jpeg

IMG_0856.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2