Lets talk Buggies

AJK

At the end of the day it’s about what you want to do and how much you are willing to damage doing it for me.  I spent a metric ass ton building that JK and love it but the truth is I wasn’t willing to destroy it to keep doing the things I wanted to do.  

• Thumbs Up 2

If I was gonna do a split personality rig I would go with a tj/yj body on a wide open design chassis.  Gets best of both worlds.

for 10-11k you have a full chassis setup for a ls-th400-atlas..  but with a real body.  I at times wish I went that route but I’m enjoying this build granted I like building more than anything

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
47 minutes ago, Spareparts said:

If I was gonna do a split personality rig I would go with a tj/yj body on a wide open design chassis.  Gets best of both worlds.

for 10-11k you have a full chassis setup for a ls-th400-atlas..  but with a real body.  I at times wish I went that route but I’m enjoying this build granted I like building more than anything

Like this?

https://www.wideopendesign.com/jc-jeep-chassis-for-lj

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Spareparts said:

Yes, I regret when I built the yj not doing that.  When your all in it’s about 10-11k

That makes more sense then to buy an LJ strip it rebuild it and re-cage it.

So then in the end all you really have are body panels of the Jeep correct?

• Thumbs Up 1
On 1/29/2024 at 8:52 AM, AJK said:

Ran into this dude out in Sand Hollow over New Years this is that line that Jerry always looks at right next to the Chute.

What type is this?

Screenshot_20240129_085019_Photos.thumb.jpg.60607cf9a9e728091241f86be182c507.jpg

Screenshot_20240129_084957_Photos.thumb.jpg.1d9263a010236e2267e461b1fd010fab.jpg

Does this look like a bent fab chassis?

On 1/29/2024 at 2:44 PM, AJK said:
On 1/29/2024 at 11:43 AM, Spareparts said:

Yes what you supply is the body, wiring and drivetrain.  Chassis, links, cage etc is there

On 1/29/2024 at 5:44 PM, AJK said:

This is the route I have been sending customers! WOD is the best imo, Goat built is good too, GB is not as bouncer/tube chassis style. They use square tube for the main structure. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1