Buggy 55

Started cleanup after the trip.   Found the engine oil pan was leaking.  

That gave me the push to order the Holley pan that Jeff had good luck with.  

When I dropped the pan I found some go fast parts.   Didn’t seem to help much with keeping oil pressure at high angles though…

Trap doors!

IMG_3498.jpeg

Engine looks good.  Nothing extra in the pan.

IMG_3503.jpeg

The new pan:

IMG_3505.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
1 minute ago, Weebz said:

I had the same trap doors and they did shit.  I was losing pressure all over the place with that old pan like yours.  The new pan seems to work awesome.  

Awesome!  I can't wait!  I was getting worried a few times when I was at like 2-3 PSI.  It didn't get clicky... SO I guess that is good.

I also have a new idea for the engine breather.  I want to plug off both ports on the valve covers.  Then put a 3/8 hose directly in the center of the valley plate.

I am going to need a different intake before that will work... But I think that will do the trick no matter what angle I am at.  

1 hour ago, BHaner said:

I also have a new idea for the engine breather.  I want to plug off both ports on the valve covers.  Then put a 3/8 hose directly in the center of the valley plate.

I am going to need a different intake before that will work... But I think that will do the trick no matter what angle I am at.  

Draw it and show me and make it happen because I can’t do what happened last time again or I’m getting out and leaving it sit and collecting insurance (which I don’t have).  That was frustrating as shit. 

5 minutes ago, Weebz said:

Draw it and show me and make it happen because I can’t do what happened last time again or I’m getting out and leaving it sit and collecting insurance (which I don’t have).  That was frustrating as shit. 

I started looking stuff up and found this.  The LS1 had it's breather right where I was thinking.   Plus it will work with my current intake.

https://www.amazon.com/AngyMeck-Cadillac-2004-2005-Chevrolet-Corvette/dp/B0CNX3YQHB/ref=sr_1_1?sr=8-1

Connect a single hose to that guy and route it down away from everything.

Cap off the valve covers and good to go.

6 hours ago, BHaner said:

The valve covers are connected to the crank case right?  So if I vent the case from the valley how would they build pressure?

You gonna find out.

sometimes-maybe-good-sometimes-maybe-bad.thumb.gif.44d51c26c12a10aeea05089e67d62e41.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1