Buggy 55

12 minutes ago, AJK said:

Is that painter tape on some of the wires???? Ohhhh my ADD would get the best of me on that. At least its all ruining in the same location and should make finder the issue a littler easier. 

Yep.  But I can't read the writing on any of it. 

I spent hours yesterday just removing the ECM and labeling everything that hooked to it.

I also removed the battery box so I can move it.  This will allow me to move the seat back some.  It was built for short people apparently.

• Thumbs Up 2

A few months have passed.

I have completely rewired the whole rig.  Moved things around.  Added some switches.

Generally tried to make everything neater... More serviceable, and hopefully more reliable! 

- Holley Terminator X Max.... I should have done this the day I got the rig home.  I wasted like $800 trying to make the factory LS1 ECM work...  This is so much better!  Fires right up.  No stalls.  I can idle all the way down to 650 so it doesn't want to push through the brakes in low range.  It also has the ability to control the cooling fan.  So it isn't just running full tilt all the time.

- Rock Lights. 8 KC Cyclone 2.0's.  They work!  Hopefully they are out of the way enough that I don't rub them off.

- Dome Lights. 2 KC Cyclone 2.0's.  Don't look up.

- Flag. Mounted in a place that hopefully will protect it when I roll over.  I even wired it up!

- Hydraulic Oill cooler. For some reason it never had a cooler for the steering system.  On an hour trip you couldn't touch the lines they were so hot.  Hopefully this helps. 

- Moved the seats back, more reclined, and up.  This was made possible by moving the battery to the center of the rig.  It gave me about 2" more leg room.  So much more comfortable!

- New winch control.  No more switch electrical taped to the cutting brake handle!

- Turn signals.

- Oil leaks fixed.  Dip stick tube and the port above the oil filter were all drippy. 

- Vents moved.  Everything was venting to under the drivers seat.  I "vent" enough as it is so I moved stuff like the gas tank vent to the rear of the rig.

- New AR450 skids.  The old mild steel skid plates were custom formed to the tube frame under them.  Hopefully these new ones hold up a little better.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
18 minutes ago, Weebz said:

Lot of work done.  Glad you got that motor working right.   Time to button the whole thing up and shake her down.   Need to get answers on those struts before it is too late.   

Worst case Steven offered his set if needed.  But that is the plan.  So far just driving around with the new settings seems better.  But I won't know for sure until I twist it up off camber.  That's when it got bad last time.

12 hours ago, Jdofmemi said:

Glad to see progress.  I'm looking forward to seeing what you can do with it! 

Don't get your hopes too far up there...

I still don't have much seat time. 

It could be a bit before I do anything note worthy.

Or I could flop it on the first rock.  You know... Get it out of the way.

• Haha 1
  • Ketchup 1
2 hours ago, BHaner said:

I hear you on that!

I'm fully expecting after all the changes to Vengeance, I will flop it trying to learn the new, higher balance point. 

2 hours ago, Jdofmemi said:

I hear you on that!

I'm fully expecting after all the changes to Vengeance, I will flop it trying to learn the new, higher balance point. 

5 hours ago, BHaner said:

So its gonna be a party.

• Ketchup 1