Door storage solutions

Interested to see what solutions people have come up with for door storage.

At my old house space was tight so I stored my Jeep doors in bags in a back shed. Needless to say, not an ideal solution.  I moved a couple of months ago to a new house with more garage space. I started looking into door storage solutions that mount on a wall. Still wanting to conserve space, I wanted to stack the doors rather than have them side by side. (I have an 9 foot ceiling in my garage. Stacking probably wouldn’t work, or would be very tight, with an 8 foot ceiling.). After looking at various options, I decided to go with the Surco DH1002. Yesterday I got them installed and hung the half doors.  Very pleased so far. They are steel and have provisions for using the existing door straps to keep the doors from swinging away from the wall. They are adjustable for use with various Jeep models.  They have plastic bushings to protect the hinges and hinge pins. To top it off, they are made in America.  This weekend I will swap the half doors to the Jeep and put the full doors on these mounts. Will update with a photo after that. 

IMG_7096.jpeg

• Like 1