The Count

Weebz

Well as most of you know I also bought a buggy.  It apparently is now called The Count.  I have Cookie Monster and Oscar my truck.  This one is the count.  Luckily I have had very little to do on this since buying and getting a shakedown.   Inner axle seal, fuel vent line relocation, some touch up paint. The biggest problem though has been oil pressure.  On my last trip though I was losing oil pressure on all steep climbs.   

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

So after consulting with my owner manual, aka Matt (thanks buddy), we decided I would be better served changing my oil pan before I went the route of adding an accumulator.   As you can see the stock f body oil pan has a shallower sump and longer sump which keeps the oil level lower and the suction end actually sits higher in it.  The new sump also moves the up take tube back.  

IMG_9022.jpeg

IMG_9021.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

So seems easy except the fact in order to fit the new sump the windage tray needs to be remove as I have not enough clearance between the block and the tube frame.  Them reassemble the windage tray and pickup tube with about 2” of room to work.   

IMG_9024.jpeg

IMG_9023.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1

So after fighting this for 5 hours the kick in the nuts came when literally getting all the nuts back on and went to screw the uptake tube on and nothing.  No tension.  Backed the bolt out and the engine side stripped out.  Luckily undoing things is really easy because you can just everything into the pan unlike assembly once you a drop a nut they roll into the sump and you are screwed.  

tap and die and reassemble once again.  

IMG_9026.jpeg

IMG_9025.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2
11 hours ago, Spareparts said:

Did you put a oil pickup bridge 

https://www.improvedracing.com/oil-supply/oil-pumps/engine-oil-pumps/ls-engine-oil-pump-pickup-tube-brace-clamp.html

there is different orings for different oil pumps.

i add a bit extra oil as well. 

No name for my pile of parts yet lol. I’m glad your getting it squared away

You just named it. Pile Of Parts.  Fitting for Spare Parts.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1