The Build of Wanda

10 hours ago, Savage90 said:

Continuing with the rear. 

time to work on the rear long arm EVO brackets. 

I would have loved to go with a triangulated set up here but I had All these parts donates from Pickle Rick so it was the smart thing to do and most cost effective. 

got the rear brackets burned in and control arms installed. 

while working in the rear it was time to do the frame side track bar relocation bracket since the EVO lever put the track bar to the front side of the axle. 

also fitted up some rear bump stops 😁

IMG_6427.png

IMG_6428.png

IMG_6430.png

IMG_6431.png

IMG_6432.png

IMG_6433.png

IMG_6434.png

IMG_6436.png

I can't tell from these, but in the first  and second picture of this group, did you lift the body enough to fully weld the top of the EVO bracket to the frame?

It usually has some gaps, and needs filler pieces cut to be able to tie in properly. 

If the top gaps and the gaps in the center holes are not filled, the bracket flexes and eventually breaks. 

Again, no judgement, as I can't see if it was done, just trying to make sure you don't have future problems. 

• Thumbs Up 2
12 hours ago, Jdofmemi said:

I can't tell from these, but in the first  and second picture of this group, did you lift the body enough to fully weld the top of the EVO bracket to the frame?

It usually has some gaps, and needs filler pieces cut to be able to tie in properly. 

If the top gaps and the gaps in the center holes are not filled, the bracket flexes and eventually breaks. 

Again, no judgement, as I can't see if it was done, just trying to make sure you don't have future problems. 

I'm pretty sure Mike knows all about that.  He took my girl to his buddy to mine fixed in the past. 

Screenshot_20231209_095936_OneDrive.jpg

Screenshot_20231209_100029_OneDrive.jpg

Screenshot_20231209_095957_OneDrive.jpg

13 hours ago, Jdofmemi said:

Good question. 
im not sure to be honest. I’ll have to take a look when I get It back. 
I have Seen these brackets break as well. Usually in the upper mount. Infact I have Personally helped fix one kn Jakes Jeep that ripped off 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
5 hours ago, Savage90 said:

Good question. 
im not sure to be honest. I’ll have to take a look when I get It back. 
I have Seen these brackets break as well. Usually in the upper mount. Infact I have Personally helped fix one kn Jakes Jeep that ripped off 

Knowing the weak points is half of the battle. Once you know it's a problem you can address it in the build, and keep a close eye on it for cracks later. 

It is highly recommended to raise the body enough to get the top side done right. 

• Thumbs Up 1
5 hours ago, Jdofmemi said:

Knowing the weak points is half of the battle. Once you know it's a problem you can address it in the build, and keep a close eye on it for cracks later. 

It is highly recommended to raise the body enough to get the top side done right. 

Thank you for the reminder. I haven’t looked at how these brackets were welded on yet; so something i need to double check.

but Yes I am aware is this issue on the control arm mounts. 
I will be sure to check the top welds of The brackets and address if necessary. I too have seen too many of these fail. 

I would have considered other options but from a cost perspective at this time it was my best option! 

maybe Wanda build 3.0 will be different. Haha 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Let’s move back up to the front and start working in the hydro mount and skid plate. 

also, now would be a good time to mention another part about the EVO DTD and high steer set up that doesn’t make sense. granted we may have created this issues ourselves by trying to correct the geometry with the drag link and track bar.

But it confuses me with how many jeeps are built with this set up that don’t have interferences or I guess Ignore them?

I digress:) 

because if the issues we had to overcome with the front end we lost some up travel in the suspension. Unless we wanted to notch more of the frame, put bends in the front upper control arms, or cut out and reweld a new driver motor mount we had to come up with a new solution for the coilovers and bypasses to get their full travel. 
so I found some longer rod ends. 
quick swap and we were in business. No more interferences and we would be using the full travel of the suspension now. But the clearance are very tight and full stuff:)

IMG_6446.png

IMG_6447.png

IMG_6448.png

IMG_6449.png

IMG_6451.png

IMG_6450.png

IMG_6452.png

IMG_6453.png

• Like 2

At this point everything is set up and has been checked and recheck for clearance and binding in every which way possible. 

so it’s time to weld it all up. 

you may notice all the rear brackets have had weld washers added. This was for 2 reasons. 
1-the axles were off a previously abused Jeep so they have been obliged out. 
2- all the front is set up with 1/4 material which the rear is 3/16. So this helps add some more strength. 

we also added some gussets to the track bar on the axle side. 

IMG_6490.png

IMG_6491.png

IMG_6492.png

IMG_6493.png

IMG_6494.png

IMG_6495.png

IMG_6496.png

IMG_6497.png

IMG_6498.png

IMG_6499.png

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

This next upgrade is another one that im excited about mostly because i bought these used about 3 years ago and they have been sitting on my garage floor ever since i brought them home:( taking up a lot of space as well. 

Rock sliders!!:) very much needed for the crawling i like to do to protect the body! 

this is my second used set of sliders i have found off marketplace so i knew exactly what i had to order up from EVO to get them burned on. 

My builder made it a lot more simple this time round though and just cut the feet off and welded up the new plates and then burned them on the frame. i really think it changed the way Wanda looked just by adding these. 

IMG_6507.png

IMG_6508.png

IMG_6509.png

IMG_6510.png

IMG_6511.png

• Like 3

Up next is something I’m super excited about and have never had!! 

all hard brake lines at all 4 corners!🤗🤗

at the same time we will be extending the ABS wires so they will run along side the bake lines. No more wires and brake lines dangling in the wind!!

Also used some of the left over clamps to hold the hydro lines to the track bar. 

IMG_6536.png

IMG_6537.png

IMG_6538.png

IMG_6539.png

IMG_6540.png

IMG_6541.png

IMG_6542.png

IMG_6543.png

IMG_6544.png

IMG_6545.png

IMG_6546.png

• Like 2
16 hours ago, Savage90 said:

Up next is something I’m super excited about and have never had!! 

all hard brake lines at all 4 corners!🤗🤗

at the same time we will be extending the ABS wires so they will run along side the bake lines. No more wires and brake lines dangling in the wind!!

Also used some of the left over clamps to hold the hydro lines to the track bar. 

IMG_6536.png

IMG_6537.png

IMG_6538.png

IMG_6539.png

IMG_6540.png

IMG_6541.png

IMG_6542.png

IMG_6543.png

IMG_6544.png

IMG_6545.png

IMG_6546.png

I love this!

Doing the same on mine, plus ditching the ABS module and going straight from the master cylinder. 

• Thumbs Up 1
1 hour ago, Jdofmemi said:

I love this!

Doing the same on mine, plus ditching the ABS module and going straight from the master cylinder. 

im really excited about the brake lines. it was a lot of extra cost for parts and labor but i think in the end its going to be worth it! 
This is my only vehicle so i wanted to maintain the ABS.

• Like 1

We are finally in the home stretch!

a few things that happened that I didn't Get many photos of. 
-switch pro was fully wired up 

-single compressor wired up and air lines ran to each axles 

-dual compress is mounted under the driver seat and wired up. 

things I have Photos of at that the Jeep is off the jack stands; in its own wait and driving under its own power!!!!

if you notice the rear anti rock is hanging very low and will get damaged you are correct. 
it was the only place that it could fit as of now because of where the rear coilover reservoirs were mounted. Something I will Address later. 😞

IMG_6555.png

IMG_6556.png

IMG_6558.png

IMG_6557.png

IMG_6559.png

IMG_6560.png

• Like 3