The Build of Wanda

6 hours ago, Jdofmemi said:

Looks good!

I wish either one of mine was this close to running! 

We will see. I have no patience or money left to it’s either drive home Monday or tow home. 
I would like drive home. It would make me feel a hell of a lot better about the money this build has cost!!

Oh boy. Last post and we are up to date with real time updates after this. 

December 5th Wanda was dropped off for an entirely new exhaust. With the real shitty suspension she came with and the heavy modifications that were made. The exhaust was never going to bolt back up. 
it was expensive ($600) but a better use of time to just drop it off and have done. 

unfortunately I don’t know how to add a video to show the exhaust:( so here are some screenshots. Lol 

its a dual 2.5” into a single muffler with 3.0” out. 

IMG_6563.png

IMG_6564.png

IMG_6565.png

IMG_6566.png

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
15 minutes ago, Savage90 said:

I paid a shop to do it haha. The did it all in 1 day. 

I need a good shop to do Vengeance once it's ready to roll again. 

Flex tube and no mufflers is the set up for now. 

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised by the sound not being as annoying as I expected. 

6 minutes ago, Jdofmemi said:

I need a good shop to do Vengeance once it's ready to roll again. 

Flex tube and no mufflers is the set up for now. 

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised by the sound not being as annoying as I expected. 

I havent checked it out in person yet but Darin says it sounds great. 
a little worried weather the transfercase skid plate is going to fit. The jeep was dropped off the the shop without it so they did know it would have to be built around it. 😬😬 

I should find out today if there is any clearance issues. lol. 

13 minutes ago, Savage90 said:

I havent checked it out in person yet but Darin says it sounds great. 
a little worried weather the transfercase skid plate is going to fit. The jeep was dropped off the the shop without it so they did know it would have to be built around it. 😬😬 

I should find out today if there is any clearance issues. lol. 

🤞🤞 That it doesn't need massaged much to get it all to fit. 

FYI, I have the Rock Hard engine/transmission skid available cheap, in case you need one. 

• Thumbs Up 1
5 minutes ago, Jdofmemi said:

🤞🤞 That it doesn't need massaged much to get it all to fit. 

FYI, I have the Rock Hard engine/transmission skid available cheap, in case you need one. 

I would be down! Do you think it would fit an LS engine?

my builder is suppose to be doing an engine skid plate but I’m not sure he will get to that. I told Him if he doesn’t get to if by Monday then it’s fine. I’m picking the Jeep up Monday whether it has an engine skid or not.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Savage90 said:

I would be down! Do you think it would fit an LS engine?

my builder is suppose to be doing an engine skid plate but I’m not sure he will get to that. I told Him if he doesn’t get to if by Monday then it’s fine. I’m picking the Jeep up Monday whether it has an engine skid or not.

I believe it will, may just need some slight mods on the front mounts. They are easy to re work. 

2 hours ago, AJK said:

Dang that took me a while to get thorough all that. Awesome job on all the pictures and steps during the process. You did a great job man. What was the worst part looking back?

oh thats a good question!
hmm. for me there may be a few things. 
#1 would be how i got to this point in the first place with accidents and parts vehicles and parting out an entire jeep. that for sure sucked and 10/10 would not recommend. haha
#2 would be how long it took leading up to this point. just over 3 years i had a dead jeep sitting in my garage:/ and thats no ones fault but my own. just procrastination and lacking of proper space to even get started.
#3 would be how long the build took once i did start. I am a few days shy of it taking 4 months. 
and lastly,

#5 would be the cost associated with this phase of the build. that part is hitting me pretty hard right now. i hope i'll start to feel better about it once i drive it home and start wheeling it. but at this very moment i dont really have an idea on the return just yet. but it looks bad ass! hahaha

• Thumbs Up 2
8 hours ago, Savage90 said:

oh thats a good question!
hmm. for me there may be a few things. 
#1 would be how i got to this point in the first place with accidents and parts vehicles and parting out an entire jeep. that for sure sucked and 10/10 would not recommend. haha
#2 would be how long it took leading up to this point. just over 3 years i had a dead jeep sitting in my garage:/ and thats no ones fault but my own. just procrastination and lacking of proper space to even get started.
#3 would be how long the build took once i did start. I am a few days shy of it taking 4 months. 
and lastly,

#5 would be the cost associated with this phase of the build. that part is hitting me pretty hard right now. i hope i'll start to feel better about it once i drive it home and start wheeling it. but at this very moment i dont really have an idea on the return just yet. but it looks bad ass! hahaha

I hear you on all points!

The only thing I'm missing is the two accidents. In their place I have a blown engine and a failed transmission, though those aren't as bad as having the whole Jeep totalled. 

My White Jeep has been down 2 years last August, and now Vengeance has been down since this August. 

I am fortunate to have enough space to store Jeeps, and all the parts, so that's a win. 

• Thumbs Up 1
2 hours ago, Weebz said:

Lmao.  I know.  It’s frankly something I want to learn to weld I just don’t want to actually go do it.  lol.  Will be first real TIG welding. 

The hardest part will be removing and reinstalling the skid. damn thing will probably spring all over the place. Hope I never have to remove mine

1 hour ago, Gruff said:

The hardest part will be removing and reinstalling the skid. damn thing will probably spring all over the place. Hope I never have to remove mine

Honestly nice had it off recently and it went right back on.  I was shocked as hell.  Zero twisting or movement when removed.   I just don’t want to do it.   It’s cold out there.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
21 hours ago, Jdofmemi said:

I hear you on all points!

The only thing I'm missing is the two accidents. In their place I have a blown engine and a failed transmission, though those aren't as bad as having the whole Jeep totalled. 

My White Jeep has been down 2 years last August, and now Vengeance has been down since this August. 

I am fortunate to have enough space to store Jeeps, and all the parts, so that's a win. 

I should add to #3. 
the time I took To build. 
I have been working with an older gentleman who had a full time day job. So this was just side work for him. Because of this he was really only working Saturday with a few hours here and there on various days throughout the week. 

so if I stand back and think about it. That’s 16 full days of work. With a guess of 4/5 extra in there. 
not to bad with what he was able to accomplish 98% on his own. I only drove down and was able to help 3 days.