The Build of Wanda

Got my first hiccup since picking Wanda up. 
I have a power steering leak coming from somewhere. I believed I found It today. Looks like it might be coming from the feed line on the reservoir. I’ll have to check later. Don’t have time time right now. But it’s a fairly good leak. Coming down the frame and a puddle in the ground. 

IMG_6662.jpeg

IMG_6663.jpeg

IMG_6660.jpeg

IMG_6661.jpeg

IMG_6659.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Savage90 said:

Got my first hiccup since picking Wanda up. 
I have a power steering leak coming from somewhere. I believed I found It today. Looks like it might be coming from the feed line on the reservoir. I’ll have to check later. Don’t have time time right now. But it’s a fairly good leak. Coming down the frame and a puddle in the ground. 

IMG_6662.jpeg

IMG_6663.jpeg

IMG_6660.jpeg

IMG_6661.jpeg

IMG_6659.jpeg

It's always something!

Swepco makes expensive rust prevention fluid 🤣

Maybe it's just a fitting that needs a little bit of a turn 🤞🤞

• Haha 1
22 minutes ago, Jdofmemi said:

It's always something!

Swepco makes expensive rust prevention fluid 🤣

Maybe it's just a fitting that needs a little bit of a turn 🤞🤞

Ok I couldnt Wait. Went out to take a closer look. i Removed the air filter to gain access. The inlet AN fitting was loose. Gave it almost half a turn. Check the other and they were tight. Hopefully that was the fix. We will see. 

Swepco is an expensive rust preventative. 😂

• Thumbs Up 1
1 hour ago, Jdofmemi said:

I'm glad it seems like an easy fix. Hopefully that's the end of it.

I sure hope so too! 
the power steering pump seems to have a growling noise as well. 😕 

hoping this goes away now that the line is tight. Really hope the pump isn’t bad. I’ll email PSC after Christmas if it’s still growling at me. 

23 minutes ago, Savage90 said:

I sure hope so too! 
the power steering pump seems to have a growling noise as well. 😕 

hoping this goes away now that the line is tight. Really hope the pump isn’t bad. I’ll email PSC after Christmas if it’s still growling at me. 

Is it a new pump, or from one of your other Jeeps?

Did it get cycled enough to get all the air out? 

Was the loose fitting on the suction side, from the reservoir to the pump? A leak can let air in, causing cavitation in the pump. 

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, Jdofmemi said:

Is it a new pump, or from one of your other Jeeps?

Did it get cycled enough to get all the air out? 

Was the loose fitting on the suction side, from the reservoir to the pump? A leak can let air in, causing cavitation in the pump. 

Everything is brand new for the steering. 
it was all bleed before I picked it up. Also it’s steering like butter still just making a growling noise. It’s louder inside the Jeep than outside.

not sure about suction side. it looks like it was coming from the larger AN fitting of the reservoir. 

I can burp it again now that the fitting was tightened and see if that does it. 

IMG_6663.jpeg

IMG_6671.jpeg

Tighten up the suction side and found out that one of the hydrolic hose connections on the bottom of the steering box was also loose. Gave it a tighten as well. 
worked on burping the system today. Got some bubbles out and i believe the burping cycle is complete. So far no more leaks but the growling/whining is still present. I’m starting to think it might not be the steering pump now.😞 it’s not as bad now but still present. 

I hate searching for engine bay noises. It always echos around and sounds like it’s coming from somewhere else. 

while in the topic of engine bay noises….

My belt squeak is back😭😭😭 very very disappointing and one of the most frustrating things I have been trying to resolve over the last year. 
guess it’s time to just throw the other motor I have sitting in my garage into it! 😂😂😂😂

IMG_6746.png

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Savage90 said:

while in the topic of engine bay noises….

My belt squeak is back😭😭😭 very very disappointing and one of the most frustrating things I have been trying to resolve over the last year. 
guess it’s time to just throw the other motor I have sitting in my garage into it! 😂😂😂😂

IMG_6746.png

That will make any engine noise better 👍👍

10 out of 10, highly recommend this! 

1 hour ago, Jdofmemi said:

That will make any engine noise better 👍👍

10 out of 10, highly recommend this! 

Haha. It already has the V8. But this one is technically bigger and lower mileage. 

I’m pretty sure the previous owner made his own accessory brackets to mount on the block. I think this has something to do with the squeak; belt alignment is most likely off. I have replaced all accessories except the man engine crank. But that mostly has to do with no room to get it pulled off and a new one mounted or I would have by now. 
I might Just buy Motechs aluminum accessory mounts. 

• Thumbs Up 1

So I tightened All the power steering fitting and burpees the system again. Still have a whining/growing. It’s almost louder in the cab than it is outside trying to hear where it’s coming from. 

Real dumb question… but is it at all possible; that a battery could

cause this type of noise? 
its loudest in the cab in the passenger side by the dashboard..🤷🏼‍♂️ which is where the battery sits. 

other than calling PSC and asking for a new pump I’m not sure what to do. This noise wasn’t present before this last part of the build happened   

On 12/9/2023 at 8:01 AM, riskitforthebiskit said:

I'm pretty sure Mike knows all about that.  He took my girl to his buddy to mine fixed in the past. 

Screenshot_20231209_095936_OneDrive.jpg

Screenshot_20231209_100029_OneDrive.jpg

Screenshot_20231209_095957_OneDrive.jpg

you have the older bracket design, that doesn’t have the cut out at the original upper control arm. One spot that the bracket flexes. 
67062459447__6959BC14-A638-4969-8AC0-C7BFD85D9172.thumb.jpeg.828c611535431a79f73128c04b714578.jpegIMG_2366.thumb.jpeg.2191523761b39009cc323f4de6a3bfe7.jpeg

7 hours ago, AJK said:

Is it winding whenever you turn it or only lock to lock?

Whenever its running its

whining. As soon as I give It gas it quiets down but doesn’t go away entirely. 

5 hours ago, Dave said:

I've never heard a battery making a noise like that.  Have you ruled out A/C fan, blend door actuator & heater core?

Neither have 😞 just a thought. 😕

those aren’t ruled out but it wasn’t whining when I dropped The Jeep off for all these upgrades. And now it is.

There was zero electrical or accessories added before I dropped It off. I stripped out all the additional wiring and accessories beforehand.  

3 hours ago, Nice Little Jeep said:

you have the older bracket design, that doesn’t have the cut out at the original upper control arm. One spot that the bracket flexes. 
67062459447__6959BC14-A638-4969-8AC0-C7BFD85D9172.thumb.jpeg.828c611535431a79f73128c04b714578.jpegIMG_2366.thumb.jpeg.2191523761b39009cc323f4de6a3bfe7.jpeg

Mine does have the cut out pictured. 
did you tig weld your brackets on? They look good!!

IMG_6858.png

On 1/15/2024 at 10:10 PM, Savage90 said:

Mine does have the cut out pictured. 
did you tig weld your brackets on? They look good!!

IMG_6858.png

Yes, thank you

I added a piece of metal on the indent at the original control arm location, see attached pictures:

IMG_2364.thumb.jpeg.c458679607267f18868fb7887cb16703.jpeg
you can see the step in this picture. Picture below is mirrored view.

67062459447__6959BC14-A638-4969-8AC0-C7BFD85D9172.thumb.jpeg.30084e04254edcf89eb50fec9618534c.jpeg

• Like 1