Wildlife sightings

fiend

Burros1.thumb.jpg.a798b39326690cc8023558dfce93f631.jpg

The local burros. They're not shy at all. If they're blocking my walking path, I have to run towards them to get them to move. 

Iguannas.thumb.jpg.bd3c57cc9d47661ef41045e6235e9679.jpg

Iguannas in St. Thomas. 

I used to have one as a pet, so always fascinated with them. 

pig.thumb.jpg.9b6901c7faeba0c3ded1650e3451423d.jpg

pig-goat.thumb.jpg.fa836d9a1540f8964d92493b11f4b5eb.jpg

Some farm animals. A friend of mine was watching a private camp ground that had these (and more) animals. DD Jeep in the background of the first one.

Python.thumb.jpg.a46a8f8c53f5399ee6d7f5b6067c41f5.jpg

At the border of Puerta Vallarta. An albino Burmese Python. I used to have snakes. My 12yo (middle) REALLY wants one. Wife won't let that happen. So when we saw this one at the border, I paid to get a picture for him. 

Frog-Fish.thumb.jpg.bc77793e16963aede4e17f36fea0e4f8.jpg

Not my pic. Got this off the Internet somewhere. Supposedly someone caught this fish and saw the frog chilling inside. Tapped the frog and he jumped out.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1
On 12/30/2023 at 8:04 AM, riskitforthebiskit said:

Not cool when you almost step on it. 

snakecoralrhyme.jpg

I always try to remember this (and never do).

Red Touch Yellow - Kills a Fellow
Red Touch Black - Venom Lack

Yellow Touches Red - Soon You'll Be Dead
Red Touches Black - Friend of Jack

• Like 2

Looks like snake season has started. I saw these two gopher (rat?) snakes on my dog walk a few days ago. My sons also saw what was probably a red racer in the backyard. My boxer wanted to kill it and my oldest son had to pull him away. I was out there in maybe 10 seconds and it was gone. Disappointed I didn't get to see it.

Also saw a brownish rattle snake down the street, also while on a dog walk. Didn't stop for a picture of that one because it was on a narrow walkway.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, suicideking said:

Looks like snake season has started. I saw these two gopher (rat?) snakes on my dog walk a few days ago. My sons also saw what was probably a red racer in the backyard. My boxer wanted to kill it and my oldest son had to pull him away. I was out there in maybe 10 seconds and it was gone. Disappointed I didn't get to see it.

Also saw a brownish rattle snake down the street, also while on a dog walk. Didn't stop for a picture of that one because it was on a narrow walkway.

The only good snake is a dead snake 🐍 ☠️

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
5 hours ago, AJK said:

Is that the view from your backyard?

Yes. Part of the view, anyway.  Here’s a “panoramic” shot. But it is distorted; the true field of view is about 190 degrees, instead of about 90 as this photo suggests. 

IMG_7604.jpeg

• Like 1
2 hours ago, fiend said:

Yes. Part of the view, anyway.  Here’s a “panoramic” shot. But it is distorted; the true field of view is about 190 degrees, instead of about 90 as this photo suggests. 

IMG_7604.jpeg

Holy shit...that's beautiful!

• Like 1
9 hours ago, fiend said:

IMG_7604.jpeg

What a great location!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
1 hour ago, fiend said:

This guy popped his head up while we were eating dinner. This quick photo from my dining room chair was the best I could do. 

IMG_7609.jpeg

Looks like he wanted to join you for dinner!

• Haha 1