I love JE Reel because they are local and always take care of me.

This is a good article by Tom Woods. I have never ran their stuff but hear good reviews. 

22 hours ago, fiend said:

I remember I posted something like this on wayalife. As soon as Eddie saw Tom woods he shit all over it. Faith/emotion over science. 

I seem to recall that.

I guess Tom never gave him a free driveshaft 🤣

Good tech articles shouldn't be judged by the name on the top, but by the content. 

Blind brand loyalty makes it hard to judge things based on data.

To me, the best driveline shop is the one that you can conveniently get to that does good work. 

That said, I ran my Toyota for 5 years on a shaft I welded up on my garage floor out of parts from 2 different shafts, plus a .250 wall tube sleeve inside for strength.  

I guess I just got lucky, as I ran 80 on the freeway including 3 trips to Colorado without any noticable vibration. 

11 hours ago, Jdofmemi said:

I seem to recall that.

I guess Tom never gave him a free driveshaft 🤣

Good tech articles shouldn't be judged by the name on the top, but by the content. 

Blind brand loyalty makes it hard to judge things based on data.

To me, the best driveline shop is the one that you can conveniently get to that does good work. 

That said, I ran my Toyota for 5 years on a shaft I welded up on my garage floor out of parts from 2 different shafts, plus a .250 wall tube sleeve inside for strength.  

I guess I just got lucky, as I ran 80 on the freeway including 3 trips to Colorado without any noticable vibration. 

Haha. Completely agree.  I ran Tom woods driveshafts for a number of years with good results.  I’ve had them rebuilt/repaired several times over the years by a local driveshaft place, so they’re probably not really Tom woods at this point.  

you can build your own shafts.  As long as you’re only using them for trail use, balancing is probably not necessary.