2016 Sahara (ish)

13 hours ago, Jdofmemi said:

Not to throw salt in the wound, but the rear main probably was never bad, but they charged you to replace it anyway. 

The oil cooler/filter housing is terrible. 

Even a brand new one will leak it torqued wrong. 

Doorman makes an aluminum replacement that is supposed to be better. 

Or, time for a V-8 swap😁😁

11 hours ago, fiend said:

What I was thinking. But I didn’t want to be the callous asshole who said it. 🤣

LOL.  Well, I didn't throw this in the story above but that was done once, then leaked, then done again.  Sad thing is I was thinking the same thing, but your guys' diagnosis skills from thousands of miles away seems more sound than the shop across the street.  I just got in to work and they are coming over here in the next hour to chat.  Should be fun.

As far as the green and red jeep, I personally can't wait to see Ethan go "full Ethan" in a buggy!!!

• Like 3
Just now, BHaner said:

And they owe you a cheeseburger for your pain and suffering!

No kidding.   They did offer me a full refund right now and I thought about taking it, but really them coming over here and trying to make it right gives me a little faith.  Otherwise I am having our dealership do it and chances are it would end up with a boxer engine, bad head gaskets and a CVT.  If this doesn't do it then I am buying that truck you sent me in messenger, leaving the jeep the way it is and then begging for my wife's forgiveness when she finds out how much the truck is.  😝

• Haha 1
13 hours ago, Weebz said:

Oh shit.   What’s your timeframe getting the buggy

11 hours ago, Jdofmemi said:

Ok, no Jeep, now what? Surely not just the passenger seat in the Big Red Jeep

I've got some more selling and saving to do. Kinda wanting prices to come down just a little.

Highly doubt I will have something for this trip. I will be camera/party guy. Wanting to get a buggy in the 30k range. I dont expect rear steer, but a chassis with parts good enough to wheel and  build another steer axle for the rear

• Thumbs Up 2
12 hours ago, Ethan Remington said:

I've got some more selling and saving to do. Kinda wanting prices to come down just a little.

Highly doubt I will have something for this trip. I will be camera/party guy. Wanting to get a buggy in the 30k range. I dont expect rear steer, but a chassis with parts good enough to wheel and  build another steer axle for the rear

Good luck 🤞

Well I would get a second opinion on that. Unlikely a cracked block or head would produce an oil leak. Much more likely to be a seal of some sort. But look at the bright side. This whole ordeal with justify, in your mind, a V8 swap. So in the end, it’ll all be worth it. 

• Thumbs Up 1
1 hour ago, fiend said:

Well I would get a second opinion on that. Unlikely a cracked block or head would produce an oil leak. Much more likely to be a seal of some sort. But look at the bright side. This whole ordeal with justify, in your mind, a V8 swap. So in the end, it’ll all be worth it. 

Yeah I should post the screen shot from Byrons text but to paraphrase he said “can’t offer a lot of advice about the 3.6, but I can help transport it…. To Las Vegas….. where the V8s live”. 🤣. Priceless.

10 hours ago, AJK said:

When the fuck did this happen?

Noticed it at the top of launch pad in SH when you gave me the brake line. The story’s pretty long but here it is in a nutshell. Main seal $1200, oil filter housing $800, yadda yadda yadda, still leaks but worse, yadda yadda yadda. 

On 2/8/2023 at 10:23 PM, KevinG said:

Yeah I should post the screen shot from Byrons text but to paraphrase he said “can’t offer a lot of advice about the 3.6, but I can help transport it…. To Las Vegas….. where the V8s live”. 🤣. Priceless.

Noticed it at the top of launch pad in SH when you gave me the brake line. The story’s pretty long but here it is in a nutshell. Main seal $1200, oil filter housing $800, yadda yadda yadda, still leaks but worse, yadda yadda yadda. 

Oh shit,, yeah I remember that. Dang Kevin, sorry to here man.

So I have the Jeep back.  They replaced valve cover gaskets and PCV valve (no charge), then put dye through the engine.  The block is seeping somewhere up on the driver's side.  They ran a leakdown test, and compression test.  Leakdown was 2% which I hear is fine.  Compression was between 165 and 170 throughout all cylinders which they said is fine also.  Kind of makes sense since the fuel economy has stayed the same and doesn't feel like it's lacking power.  Drove it home and parked it in my garage with a clean floor.  This morning there was a pretty good puddle underneath it.  I'm at a loss and at this point the trip to Colorado is starting to look like a no go for me.

2 hours ago, KevinG said:

So I have the Jeep back.  They replaced valve cover gaskets and PCV valve (no charge), then put dye through the engine.  The block is seeping somewhere up on the driver's side.  They ran a leakdown test, and compression test.  Leakdown was 2% which I hear is fine.  Compression was between 165 and 170 throughout all cylinders which they said is fine also.  Kind of makes sense since the fuel economy has stayed the same and doesn't feel like it's lacking power.  Drove it home and parked it in my garage with a clean floor.  This morning there was a pretty good puddle underneath it.  I'm at a loss and at this point the trip to Colorado is starting to look like a no go for me.

sorry man.  So what are you thinking?swap a 3.6 back in quick and cheap?

Have you checked your dipstick tube?   I hear they can leak.  Lol

• Haha 3
21 minutes ago, Weebz said:

sorry man.  So what are you thinking?swap a 3.6 back in quick and cheap?

Have you checked your dipstick tube?   I hear they can leak.  Lol

Yeah I'm not sure what to do at this point.  I sent an inquiry to Motech and have been texting back and forth with Byron.  Unfortunately, I have had other crap to deal with.  For the last couple of weeks we haven't had heat or hot water in our house, so the girls have been staying in a Hotel most nights.  Finally had a tech out and we now have our heat, but still no hot water.  That's been the priority and we finally have an expensive end in sight to it.   So far my 2023 has been a COVID ridden, water leaking, oil slick shitshow.

• Sad 1
8 hours ago, KevinG said:

Yeah I'm not sure what to do at this point.  I sent an inquiry to Motech and have been texting back and forth with Byron.  Unfortunately, I have had other crap to deal with.  For the last couple of weeks we haven't had heat or hot water in our house, so the girls have been staying in a Hotel most nights.  Finally had a tech out and we now have our heat, but still no hot water.  That's been the priority and we finally have an expensive end in sight to it.   So far my 2023 has been a COVID ridden, water leaking, oil slick shitshow.

Fuck....that sucks man. Hope you get the house situation fixed quickly.

• Like 1